Alternate option for warzone boss killing

I have seen a few people taking about ways to improve warzone. More accurately, the boss stealing.

I know some want to just keep it how it is because It is a smart option to just swoop in a get the final shot.

But for those saying they want it different. I thought of an option. I have heard about having percentage of points given to each team based on the damage given. I also have seen the idea of two separate health bars.

I thought of an option for both. What if there was one empty bar for everyone to see and with each damage given it fills up. But here is the compromise. When blue hits, it fills up from the right, when red hits it fills up from the left. This way when the bar is filled up the boss will die. And the points are divided up based on how much your team filled up the bar in their color. With any decimals being rounded up in favor of the winning team.

Now the reason to have a visable bar would be so everyone knows who is doing more damage. That way you know if it’s close or if your team is doing the best. there is one more catch for those who like to steal bosses. For whoever lands the final shot they get the bonus 25 points for their team (assuming this is a big boss worth 150 points, I don’t know if this should be applied to the smaller bosses) I add this to the idea because if you see that the opposite team is destroying the boss then you can still get points in by stealing it. That way players don’t just give up because it’s a lost fight. Also, I think finishing a kill is almost as important as dealing a lot of damage and so this acts kind of like a reward system for killing it.

edit I had another thought because some said to simply hide the health bar.
To combine both ideas. Hide the health bar. But have the system still work like I said. Then after the boss dies show the health bar showing what team did the most damage with percentages. (This would pop up on the hud of everyone that way everyone sees it.) Also next to the bar show what team got the bonus points for finishing the enemy.
edit

Example
boss worth 150 points
edit: bonus point for killing it is taken out of the 150 points, so the players are damadging the boss for a percentage of 125, not 150
Red team: deals 65% of damadge =81.25 (82 points)
Blue team: deals 35% of damadge = 43.75 (43 points)
Blue player gets final shot= bonus 25 points
Total= 150 points.
red getting 82 points
blue getting 68 points

Thoughts? I don’t know if this has been said before. But I just thought of it. And would like any constructive feedback to maybe even improve the idea.

Very well-thought-out. I’m trying very hard to find something about it that I don’t like, and I must say I’m not seeing it.

It’s a brilliant compromise between the current system (which I like just fine) and those proposed by people whingeing about kill steals.

/Approve.

> 2533274811958118;2:
> Very well-thought-out. I’m trying very hard to find something about it that I don’t like, and I must say I’m not seeing it.
>
> It’s a brilliant compromise between the current system (which I like just fine) and those proposed by people whingeing about kill steals.
>
> /Approve.

Thank you sir. I would be very interested in at least trying a warzone game with this layout.

Finally someone else that has the same idea that I have been trying to say since a month after the game drop!!!

I agree with this, the points should be divided. If your team puts no work in on the boss and you get very few points, tough you shouldn’t get them all for sneaking up on it with a spartan laser or something at the end. They did this in Gears for horde mode so that a player doesn’t put all the work in bringing down a Brumak or something just to have some yahoo pop out from safety with a One Shot to get all the points with a last second shot.

They just need to remove the health bars. End of story.

All of these convoluted schemes that people are coming up with are pointless – wishful thinking for people who get fed up with bad luck in Warzone.

Whether you do 100% of the damage or 1%, if you get the kill, you have stolen it from the enemy team.

> 2533274873204041;6:
> They just need to remove the health bars. End of story.
>
> All of these convoluted schemes that people are coming up with are pointless – wishful thinking for people who get fed up with bad luck in Warzone.
>
> Whether you do 100% of the damage or 1%, if you get the kill, you have stolen it from the enemy team.

Can’t agree with that, if you did the vast majority of damage to the boss and get the kill you denied the enemy an asset like they taught us in the military. If you come in at the last second while the other team does all the work and get the kill then you have snatched and or stolen the kill. In the military both are acceptable of course, but this is not the military. It’s a game and it should be fun, not discourage people from working to attain goals. But that is just my opinion so no one get angry please if you disagree, see that alot on here.

> 2533274873204041;6:
> They just need to remove the health bars. End of story.

Now that’s actually not a bad idea. If we can’t see the health then we don’t know when to fire to steal it.
The one thing I would change though, just so players know there bullets are hitting is have a health bar that shows he is at 75% or 10% stuff like.
Only update it at milestones. Or maybe just remove it and have Palmer announce his health levels kind of like when the core is under attack.

Personally, I find all these ideas worth looking into. I wonder if 343 would take them seriously. Based on all the community feedback about this theme, they must be working on something by now.

Simpler option would be to just make the health bar invisible so players couldn’t wait until the last shot

Any of the three ideas would be better. Your idea sounds more unique out of all of them.

People love participation trophies these days. Those are the people who later in life find out that sometimes in this world you work your yoink off and still end up with nothing. Same deal here. You may be the team dealing most of the damage, but someone else gets the kill steal. It’s unfair…well such is life.

> 2533274818508074;7:
> > 2533274873204041;6:
> > They just need to remove the health bars. End of story.
> >
> > All of these convoluted schemes that people are coming up with are pointless – wishful thinking for people who get fed up with bad luck in Warzone.
> >
> > Whether you do 100% of the damage or 1%, if you get the kill, you have stolen it from the enemy team.
>
>
> Can’t agree with that, if you did the vast majority of damage to the boss and get the kill you denied the enemy an asset like they taught us in the military. If you come in at the last second while the other team does all the work and get the kill then you have snatched and or stolen the kill. In the military both are acceptable of course, but this is not the military. It’s a game and it should be fun, not discourage people from working to attain goals. But that is just my opinion so no one get angry please if you disagree, see that alot on here.

I feel like this is splitting a hair: is it more fun to be denied the opportunity to even shoot at a boss or to have it taken at the last second? I have a feeling you will be hard pressed to answer that. People SHOULD be working to attain common goals in Warzone, but the problem there lies in communication: not many people want to talk. Some people are even less interested in PTFO and want to practice driving or working on commendations for their own gain at the expense of the team.

Boss kill stealing and the “fairness” of that system is honestly the least of our worries. Spawn killing in Warzone is a far bigger problem, IMO. If you [used generically, not directed] own all three bases for 10 minutes straight and say you can’t get into the enemy home base to finish it, you’re lying.

I don’t think drawing parallels to real military operations works here anyway. If the US and UK set up separate operations in an area and both happened to go after the same target, but the US decided to airstrike it instead of sending in Seal Team 6 (or whatever), I doubt that the UK would complain that they had to pull their team out since they were “denied” their target. Your soldiers no longer have to go into a dangerous situation.

Interesting idea that has been touted quite often. Personally I don’t agree but I can see why some would. One issue with your maths though. It should be rounded to the closest whole number. Not fair that the .75 gets lowered and the .25 raised.

> 2533274873204041;13:
> > 2533274818508074;7:
> > > 2533274873204041;6:
> > > They just need to remove the health bars. End of story.
> > >
> > > All of these convoluted schemes that people are coming up with are pointless – wishful thinking for people who get fed up with bad luck in Warzone.
> > >
> > > Whether you do 100% of the damage or 1%, if you get the kill, you have stolen it from the enemy team.
> >
> >
> > Can’t agree with that, if you did the vast majority of damage to the boss and get the kill you denied the enemy an asset like they taught us in the military. If you come in at the last second while the other team does all the work and get the kill then you have snatched and or stolen the kill. In the military both are acceptable of course, but this is not the military. It’s a game and it should be fun, not discourage people from working to attain goals. But that is just my opinion so no one get angry please if you disagree, see that alot on here.
>
>
> I feel like this is splitting a hair: is it more fun to be denied the opportunity to even shoot at a boss or to have it taken at the last second? I have a feeling you will be hard pressed to answer that. People SHOULD be working to attain common goals in Warzone, but the problem there lies in communication: not many people want to talk. Some people are even less interested in PTFO and want to practice driving or working on commendations for their own gain at the expense of the team.
>
> Boss kill stealing and the “fairness” of that system is honestly the least of our worries. Spawn killing in Warzone is a far bigger problem, IMO. If you [used generically, not directed] own all three bases for 10 minutes straight and say you can’t get into the enemy home base to finish it, you’re lying.
> I don’t think drawing parallels to real military operations works here anyway. If the US and UK set up separate operations in an area and both happened to go after the same target, but the US decided to airstrike it instead of sending in Seal Team 6 (or whatever), I doubt that the UK would complain that they had to pull their team out since they were “denied” their target. Your soldiers no longer have to go into a dangerous situation.

Its not a hard question to awnser, it’s just the way you worded it. Asking someone to pick which two negetives are more fun? That’s easy…neither are fun. But if someone whose been in the match since the beginning tells me they didn’t have the opportunity to try to take a shot at a boss, well thats bogus. It’s up to the player to decide, do I want to go for the boss, or the base. If you didn’t get the chance to go after a boss then that means you chose the base, and im not saying either of those choices are wrong. You even get a warning that the boss is spawning, and an indicator of where. And second, I made it fairly clear I wasn’t comparing Halo to real war, I merely used an example from my life. I even said this isn’t a real war, that this is a game and it should encourage people to work at the goals they want to accomplish. In a REAL war of course you wouldn’t sit their complaining about who got to take away a danger to eachother’s soldiers…but thats a REAL war this is not.

> 2533274883839361;1:
> I have seen a few people taking about ways to improve warzone. More accurately, the boss stealing.
>
> I know some want to just keep it how it is because It is a smart option to just swoop in a get the final shot.
>
> But for those saying they want it different. I thought of an option. I have heard about having percentage of points given to each team based on the damage given. I also have seen the idea of two separate health bars.
>
> I thought of an option for both. What if there was one empty bar for everyone to see and with each damage given it fills up. But here is the compromise. When blue hits, it fills up from the right, when red hits it fills up from the left. This way when the bar is filled up the boss will die. And the points are divided up based on how much your team filled up the bar in their color. With any decimals being rounded up in favor of the winning team.
>
> Now the reason to have a visable bar would be so everyone knows who is doing more damage. That way you know if it’s close or if your team is doing the best. there is one more catch for those who like to steal bosses. For whoever lands the final shot they get the bonus 25 points for their team (assuming this is a big boss worth 150 points, I don’t know if this should be applied to the smaller bosses) I add this to the idea because if you see that the opposite team is destroying the boss then you can still get points in by stealing it. That way players don’t just give up because it’s a lost fight. Also, I think finishing a kill is almost as important as dealing a lot of damage and so this acts kind of like a reward system for killing it.
>
> Example
> boss worth 150 points
> edit: bonus point for killing it is taken out of the 150 points, so the players are damadging the boss for a percentage of 125, not 150
> Red team: deals 65% of damadge =81.25 (82 points)
> Blue team: deals 35% of damadge = 43.75 (43 points)
> Blue player gets final shot= bonus 25 points
> Total= 150 points.
> red getting 82 points
> blue getting 68 points
>
> Thoughts? I don’t know if this has been said before. But I just thought of it. And would like any constructive feedback to maybe even improve the idea.

You sir need a poll!

Don’t worry man… I got your poll. :smiley:

I am glad that the majority like the idea.

I had another thought because some said to simply hide the health bar.

To combine both ideas. Hide the health bar. But have the system still work like I said. Then after the boss dies show the health bar showing what team did the most damage with percentages. (This would pop up on the hud of everyone that way everyone sees it.) Also next to the bar show what team got the bonus points for finishing the enemy.

> 2533274817283289;14:
> Interesting idea that has been touted quite often. Personally I don’t agree but I can see why some would. One issue with your maths though. It should be rounded to the closest whole number. Not fair that the .75 gets lowered and the .25 raised

I only raise the .25 because it is in favor of the winning team. If the winning team was .75 then it would be raised too. I think the team that did most of the damage should get a slight advantage. In points. But it is a good idea. Thanks for your opinion.