Alt+Tab causing game to disappear, not crash

Just commented on this thread but figured it should have some visibility in the support forum
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/really-bad-alt-tab-issue/db43280b-1cd2-4349-98f9-0bb2be8699c3/posts

This just happened to me as well, figured I’d do some googling and found this thread.
Working my way through Halo 3, alt+tabbed to check a message, and the game essentially vanished. It’s not in the alt+tab ‘lineup’ and not in the taskbar. if I go to Task Manager the game process is still running but I have no way of getting back to it. Pretty big oversight to have on such a commonly used command.
Also, this never happened before while playing through the previous titles or this one until after 4s launch.

This is on Windows 10 v2004, build 19041.630

Can confirm this just started happening to me recently as well, while I was in Halo 2 Anniversary. This did not happen before, must’ve been something in a recent patch.

Got this same issue just then. Could hear game sounds and everything, but no way to get back into the game.

Ditto on all these problems just happened to me.

I also have been experiencing this issue while playing Halo:CE campaign yesterday.

This has happened to me multiple times since I reinstalled the game, a couple days ago.

It happens to me too.

Same issue Only experienced after halo 4 launch.
P.s mine is in steam don’t know if that would be significant info but there we go

Hello,

Had this issue as well and the following fixed it:

Search with cortana (in windows) for “multitasking settings” and under “Virtual Desktops” change both options to “All desktops” from “Only the desktop I’m using”.

Good luck.

Exact same thing happened to me middle of a halo 3 legendary run, it sucks. Anyway to fix it?

> 2535432611064679;10:
> Exact same thing happened to me middle of a halo 3 legendary run, it sucks. Anyway to fix it?

Did you try what I wrote above?

Hi! I have tried what you said but my settings where already on “Only the desktop i’m using”. This happened to me more than 5 times now!

Just started happening to me too.
Weird because it was working earlier today without issue.

Hey folks, please head over to https://aka.ms/HaloSupport for further assistance on this. If this issue isn’t on the latest known issues then please do file a ticket for it with all the relevant details.

Thanks!

This started for me last night, fix please.

Same here, I got an achievement and somehow clicked it while in full screen playing Halo MCC then all of a sudden the application completely disappears, not even on task manager, but you can still hear the game running.

Yep, when I click on anything outside of Halo, it goes to the background, with no way to bring it to the Foreground.

> 2535466971852741;9:
> Hello,
>
> Had this issue as well and the following fixed it:
>
> Search with cortana (in windows) for “multitasking settings” and under “Virtual Desktops” change both options to “All desktops” from “Only the desktop I’m using”.
>
> Good luck.

This works in windows 10, weird it does that, thanks man

> 2535406470026185;18:
> > 2535466971852741;9:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Had this issue as well and the following fixed it:
> >
> > Search with cortana (in windows) for “multitasking settings” and under “Virtual Desktops” change both options to “All desktops” from “Only the desktop I’m using”.
> >
> > Good luck.
>
> This works in windows 10, weird it does that, thanks man

Id like to thank this user for a valid fix and also report I encountered the issue in MCC Halo CE Anniversary while alt tabbing.

getting the same problems, real -Yoinking!- annoying.