Alright, what's going on with Bloom?

I’ve been hearing multiple stories about how 343i are either not removing bloom, removing bloom completely, removing it from certain playlists, or adding playlists with no bloom while keeping the others the way they are.

I really hope they keep it in. I like it. A lot of people say that it focuses more on luck than skill, but a weapon without bloom does that too. Examples:

Without bloom: All you have to do is keep the reticule on the enemy, be sure to fire first, and blammo. You’ll most likely win the encounter. While skill can be involved in that, spray-n-pray is also an easy thing to do with bullets that go wherever the gun is pointed, no matter what.

With bloom: It’s the same as above, except the fact that as the reticule gets bigger, you either have to pace your shots, or rely on luck for your bullets to hit. Those who don’t pace their shots and just fire away with have a smaller chance at killing the enemy than spraying with no bloom.

So yes, they both have flaws. I just think that bloom is the least flawed of the two. Plus, I like that it’s a new addition to Halo. While it is a small game changer, it makes the game all the more fun. If this series gets more diverse as it goes on, then great! But the way it’s looking, taking steps backward and whatnot, I just fear that we’ll be playing the same game for four more installments.

Discuss.

There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?

Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.

> There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
>
> Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.

Is a grenade thrown from across the map that kills you when you’re fighting two other people not luck? Even more so when the person throwing it can’t see you or anyone else in that area? Luck is a part of combat, whether you like it or not.

> There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
>
> Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.

> > There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
> >
> > Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.
>
> Is a grenade thrown from across the map that kills you when you’re fighting two other people not luck? Even more so when the person throwing it can’t see you or anyone else in that area? Luck is a part of combat, whether you like it or not.

Yes but how prevalent is a random nade from the heavens? Probably one in errr 15 games. Every grenade I throw has a purpose of direction, I wouldn’t throw a nade just to throw one. Now being gunned down by someone spamming the DMR with bloom, that happends probably 15 times, in one game. You see now? We know randomness is always there, but to actually SEE IT HAPPEN IN YOUR FACE is another thing.

> > > There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
> > >
> > > Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.
> >
> > Is a grenade thrown from across the map that kills you when you’re fighting two other people not luck? Even more so when the person throwing it can’t see you or anyone else in that area? Luck is a part of combat, whether you like it or not.
>
> Yes but how prevalent is a random nade from the heavens? Probably one in errr 15 games. Every grenade I throw has a purpose of direction, I wouldn’t throw a nade just to throw one. Now being gunned down by someone spamming the DMR with bloom, that happends probably 15 times, in one game. You see now? We know randomness is always there, but to actually SEE IT HAPPEN IN YOUR FACE is another thing.

Okay, I understand where you’re coming from. I just seem to not get spammed a lot, I don’t know. I usually out DMR people in no time. But, on a side note, you’re a lucky person. Grenade spamming is a constant factor in every game I play. So, I could say this:

Grenade spammers always kill me! This happens way to much! Grenades should be nerfed or taken from the game completely!

I could find people with similar experiences and we could all complain until 343i listened to us. But I don’t because I realize that my experiences don’t count for everyone, and that what I want to change in this game would make a lot of other people unhappy. Much like what is going on with Bloom.

As another side note, I don’t actually think grenades should be nerfed or removed.

> > > There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
> > >
> > > Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.
> >
> > Is a grenade thrown from across the map that kills you when you’re fighting two other people not luck? Even more so when the person throwing it can’t see you or anyone else in that area? Luck is a part of combat, whether you like it or not.
>
> Yes but how prevalent is a random nade from the heavens? Probably one in errr 15 games. Every grenade I throw has a purpose of direction, I wouldn’t throw a nade just to throw one. Now being gunned down by someone spamming the DMR with bloom, that happends probably 15 times, in one game. You see now? We know randomness is always there, but to actually SEE IT HAPPEN IN YOUR FACE is another thing.

lol wouldnt throw a nade without purpose? You lack strategy skills. If you are on a pile of dead body grenades and you have 2 just spam them in a direction your team is not in. In real war its called “shelling” in halo its just a good idea that offers 100% rewards for 0 risk. i have recieved many kills from spammin nades in high traffic areas my team isnt in while standing on a few extras on the ground.

Bloom is random end of story, if you disagree please please go atleast 10% gold in arena where the only thing people use is DMR and tell me people are not spamming.

The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.

> > > > There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
> > > >
> > > > Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.
> > >
> > > Is a grenade thrown from across the map that kills you when you’re fighting two other people not luck? Even more so when the person throwing it can’t see you or anyone else in that area? Luck is a part of combat, whether you like it or not.
> >
> > Yes but how prevalent is a random nade from the heavens? Probably one in errr 15 games. Every grenade I throw has a purpose of direction, I wouldn’t throw a nade just to throw one. Now being gunned down by someone spamming the DMR with bloom, that happends probably 15 times, in one game. You see now? We know randomness is always there, but to actually SEE IT HAPPEN IN YOUR FACE is another thing.
>
> lol wouldnt throw a nade without purpose? You lack strategy skills. If you are on a pile of dead body grenades and you have 2 just spam them in a direction your team is not in. In real war its called “shelling” in halo its just a good idea that offers 100% rewards for 0 risk. i have recieved many kills from spammin nades in high traffic areas my team isnt in while standing on a few extras on the ground.
>
> Bloom is random end of story, if you disagree please please go atleast 10% gold in arena where the only thing people use is DMR and tell me people are not spamming.

Yes well here the difference, I play competitively every body I come across only has 2 clips of ammo. Most of the other players use their grenades skillfully instead of pushing Lady Luck into the picture. Grenades are far to valuable to just “shell” the enemy with. I like to put my individual skill in to the major picture instead of luck. You clearly play Reach way too much.

> The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.

I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.

> > > > > There is no element of spray and pray on a precision weapon, especially a precision weapon that prohibits spamming from being an effective game changer. Why can’t people understand that with fixed intervals there is no such thing as spamming or pacing your shot? Do people expect others to wait 5 seconds before they take another shot? If everybody supposedly spams the trigger without bloom, shouldn’t we consider the pace between trigger pulls as normal?
> > > > >
> > > > > Bloom adds an unneeded luck factor into DMR battles. I don’t know about you, but luck should never be a factor in competitive play. Ever. Luck in competitive play is like MLG playing Heads of Tails with a quarter. Luck has no skill gap, luck is not directly influenced by how much a person has played or how good the player is, and more importantly luck is not a part of halo.
> > > >
> > > > Is a grenade thrown from across the map that kills you when you’re fighting two other people not luck? Even more so when the person throwing it can’t see you or anyone else in that area? Luck is a part of combat, whether you like it or not.
> > >
> > > Yes but how prevalent is a random nade from the heavens? Probably one in errr 15 games. Every grenade I throw has a purpose of direction, I wouldn’t throw a nade just to throw one. Now being gunned down by someone spamming the DMR with bloom, that happends probably 15 times, in one game. You see now? We know randomness is always there, but to actually SEE IT HAPPEN IN YOUR FACE is another thing.
> >
> > lol wouldnt throw a nade without purpose? You lack strategy skills. If you are on a pile of dead body grenades and you have 2 just spam them in a direction your team is not in. In real war its called “shelling” in halo its just a good idea that offers 100% rewards for 0 risk. i have recieved many kills from spammin nades in high traffic areas my team isnt in while standing on a few extras on the ground.
> >
> > Bloom is random end of story, if you disagree please please go atleast 10% gold in arena where the only thing people use is DMR and tell me people are not spamming.
>
> Yes well here the difference, I play competitively every body I come across only has 2 clips of ammo. Most of the other players use their grenades skillfully instead of pushing Lady Luck into the picture. Grenades are far to valuable to just “shell” the enemy with. I like to put my individual skill in to the major picture instead of luck. You clearly play Reach way too much.

And you dont play it enough to voice an educated opinion. You only toss random nades when you are sitting on a pile on the map and have spares as a result.

Halo to me is on of 3 hobbies equal to my passions of martial arts and working out.

> > The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.
>
> I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.

It’s complete ignorance to use rank in any game to define someones skill or intelligence.

> > The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.
>
> I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.

I like how you think people have one gamertag that they play on eternally. And you are the one speaking of ignorance. Ahh irony is great.

> > > The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.
> >
> > I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.
>
> It’s complete ignorance to use rank in any game to define someones skill or intelligence.

rank = skill, the more skill the higher the rank. People who say rank has nothing to do with skill are 99% of the time just making excuses for themselves.

I never said rank showed intelligence but it does indicate knowledge of the game.

> And you dont play it enough to voice an educated opinion. You only toss random nades when you are sitting on a pile on the map and have spares as a result.
>
> Halo to me is on of 3 hobbies equal to my passions of martial arts and working out.

I could care less for your passions for we weren’t speaking of anyones. To the picture, if you come across a spammable pile of nades in any competitive playlist then sure be my guest, spam.

P.S. Reach isn’t competitive, and neither is anything below a legit 45.

> > > The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.
> >
> > I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.
>
> I like how you think people have one gamertag that they play on eternally. And you are the one speaking of ignorance. Ahh irony is great.

ok since you got a new gamertag just for reach where is your arena ranking or high slayer/squad kd… yet another griffball and btb dude talking about mechanics which dont really effect either one (BTB being mostly long range where bloom actually works)

where is the ignorance, knowledge is power ^_~<3

> > And you dont play it enough to voice an educated opinion. You only toss random nades when you are sitting on a pile on the map and have spares as a result.
> >
> > Halo to me is on of 3 hobbies equal to my passions of martial arts and working out.
>
> I could care less for your passions for we weren’t speaking of anyones. To the picture, if you come across a spammable pile of nades in any competitive playlist then sure be my guest, spam.
>
> P.S. Reach isn’t competitive, and neither is anything below a legit 45.

Yes exactly on both counts.

Reach isnt competitive due to bloom and a cornucopia f other broken features. Its really just a game about knowing too spam your DMRs almost at full auto in unison with your team in team shotting and securing power weapons.

Im glad we agree :slight_smile:

> > > > The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.
> > >
> > > I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.
> >
> > I like how you think people have one gamertag that they play on eternally. And you are the one speaking of ignorance. Ahh irony is great.
>
> ok since you got a new gamertag just for reach where is your arena ranking or high slayer/squad kd… yet another griffball and btb dude talking about mechanics which dont really effect either one (BTB being mostly long range where bloom actually works)
>
> where is the ignorance, knowledge is power ^_~<3

I’m not even going to address the amount of fail you just typed in reference to an actually competitive experience.

> > > > > The notion that pacing takes any skill is idiotic. So is the idea that without bloom you can “spray and pray” with the DMR.
> > > >
> > > > I like how people say no bloom is so easy yet are not 50s in H3, or that bloom has super skills and are not up in arena. Its opinions made out of complete ignorance.
> > >
> > > I like how you think people have one gamertag that they play on eternally. And you are the one speaking of ignorance. Ahh irony is great.
> >
> > ok since you got a new gamertag just for reach where is your arena ranking or high slayer/squad kd… yet another griffball and btb dude talking about mechanics which dont really effect either one (BTB being mostly long range where bloom actually works)
> >
> > where is the ignorance, knowledge is power ^_~<3
>
> I’m not even going to address the amount of fail you just typed in reference to an actually competitive experience.

Whatever makes ya feel better, bless your heart!

I would just like to add that no one has answered my initial question in the OP. Just saying. :stuck_out_tongue: