Alright 343...

> While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day.

relaxes into his executive office chair

Alright 343.

I’m going to trust you.

I was going to buy the either the games from the various retailers for their specific pre order bonus or buy the codes outright from eBay. But I’ve been burned a lot on that though. Too many times have they then released said content after the fact and it only makes me rage.

So this time, I’m going to trust you. I’m going to trust you that you’re going to eventually sell this content after the fact.

Because I’m a completionist.

Just remember though 343.

I’m watching you.

just a thought: that picture, doesn’t quite go with the “im watching you”

> > While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day.
>
> relaxes into his executive office chair
>
> Alright 343.
>
> I’m going to trust you.
>
> I was going to buy the either the games from the various retailers for their specific pre order bonus or buy the codes outright from eBay. But I’ve been burned a lot on that though. Too many times have they then released said content after the fact and it only makes me rage.
>
> So this time, I’m going to trust you. I’m going to trust you that you’re going to eventually sell this content after the fact.
>
> Because I’m a completionist.
>
> Just remember though 343.
>
>
>
> I’m watching you.

Korra meme!
but I preorder from gamestop regardless of bonuses.

I think it’d be unfair to people, just because they bought at another retailer, to exclude all of the bonus content.

And please stop addressing your posts to 343i like you’re talking to them. :stuck_out_tongue:

> And please stop addressing your posts to 343i like you’re talking to them. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I am talking to them.

Looks with unblinking eyes straight at bs angel.

> I think it’d be unfair to people, just because they bought at another retailer, to exclude all of the bonus content.
>
> And please stop addressing your posts to 343i like you’re talking to them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see how it’s unfair, it’s called a pre-order bonus for a reason and they are there to get you to buy the game right way and at select retailers. Not only that, but retailers have a hand in what their bonuses are. So I dont see what’s unfair about it.

> > I think it’d be unfair to people, just because they bought at another retailer, to exclude all of the bonus content.
> >
> > And please stop addressing your posts to 343i like you’re talking to them. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I don’t see how it’s unfair, it’s called a pre-order bonus for a reason and they are there to get you to buy the game right way and at select retailers. Not only that, but retailers have a hand in what their bonuses are. So I dont see what’s unfair about it.

A lot of the time, a pre-order bonus is the same bonus in every retailer. That’d be a fairer way of doing it.

I see where they’re coming from but I just think it’s silly if you want to have every item in the armoury, you have to buy Halo 4 multiple times.

> So I dont see what’s unfair about it.

Some of these exclusives are available through European retailers.

It was bad enough before having to buy four copies of the game (Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart) but upping it even more with European retailers? Having to pay for international shipping on top of paying more in the exchange rate?

Do I even need to mention that the basic copy of H4 costs $100 from Mighty Ape because it’s based in Australia and because Australians pay $100 for every game for no good reason?

I think you’re making a good choice OP, and your wallet will thank you for it.

> > > I think it’d be unfair to people, just because they bought at another retailer, to exclude all of the bonus content.
> > >
> > > And please stop addressing your posts to 343i like you’re talking to them. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > I don’t see how it’s unfair, it’s called a pre-order bonus for a reason and they are there to get you to buy the game right way and at select retailers. Not only that, but retailers have a hand in what their bonuses are. So I dont see what’s unfair about it.
>
> A lot of the time, a pre-order bonus is the same bonus in every retailer. That’d be a fairer way of doing it.
>
> I see where they’re coming from but I just think it’s silly if you want to have every item in the armoury, you have to buy Halo 4 multiple times.

By your reasoning there shouldn’t even be pre-order bonuses at all then. If its unfair to have different bonuses then it’s really unfair to the people that dont or can’t pre-order at all.

Once again I don’t see the problem with it, it’s not like they are giving away gameplay altering bonuses. If that was the case then I’d agree. But these are fun cosmetic items to try to attract you to different retailers depending on what you like.

> If its unfair to have different bonuses then it’s really unfair to the people that dont or can’t pre-order at all.

It’s almost unpossible to not pre-order.

> But these are fun cosmetic items to try to attract you to different retailers depending on what you like.

And I gotta catch 'em all!

Pokemon!

> just a thought: that picture, doesn’t quite go with the “im watching you”

Problem?

Methew… very well put.

> It’s almost unpossible to not pre-order.

Money is the key here, if people don’t have money, they can’t preorder.

I would like to have that Mjolnir Emblem eventually…

I always preorder at Gamestop anyways.

just hoping that no one can buy the LE skins later also… that’ll make me mad!

> Do I even need to mention that the basic copy of H4 costs $100 from Mighty Ape because it’s based in Australia and because Australians pay $100 for every game for no good reason?

Mighty Ape is NOT an Australian company. Do your research before you post something like this, it is a New Zealand company based out of Auckland.

The standard edition of Halo 4 does not cost $100 as you claim but currently costs $88 while the Limited Edition costs $130

Also there is good reason that both New Zealanders and Australians pay on average $100 for games. If you knew about economics and marketing then you would know it costs money to ship products to different countries and there is an import tax on most goods. This is not to mention the exchange rate also needs to be taken into account and also inflation can have an impact. Again do some reseach before claiming something you do not have knowledge of.

> Money is the key here, if people don’t have money, they can’t preorder.

Who doesn’t have $5 they can throw at Gamestop?

I’m with you, as a completionist I was outraged that 343 sunk to that level and released multiple preorder bonuses like that. I think it’s complete garbage when a company does that, it’s unfair to everyone and I surely hope they release these as DLC later.

Don’t get me wrong, I like exclusive content like special edition DLC or a console DLC. Those can stay limited because it’s straight forward, you buy this and get what you’re promised. You don’t have to buy ten consoles to get all of the extras.

> > Money is the key here, if people don’t have money, they can’t preorder.
>
> Who doesn’t have $5 they can throw at Gamestop?

you’d be amazed, if it wasn’t for the fact I’ve already fully paid off my preorder, and most of my bills are paid, I wouldn’t of been able to put $5 down, not everyone can put $5 down to preorder, some have to put food on the table, others just have to pay bills to keep their house.

[deleted]