Allows PC players to post map thumbnails (FORGE)

I think it’s unfair that you can’t post your screenshots or thumbnails for your forged map if you’re on a PC.
True, I understand it’s because of the possible abuse of it, but if this is the problem, at least release a photo mode in-game so we can use them.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Xbox does allow PC users to upload game screenshots taken with the Xbox App to their profile. It works basically the same way as on Xbox. So it’s crazy to me that you can’t add them to your maps. They’re already on Microsoft’s servers (if you uploaded them). If there was any abuse it would have already been done.

1 Like

How does it work exactly?

2 Likes

You can actually just use gamebar, it has a section to record. You can take a screenshot or video. If you go to view it in gamebar you can upload it, and it uploads it to your Xbox profile. This doesn’t allow you to use your PC to upload them to a map, just your profile. You may need to sign into the Xbox app or your profile for the upload process, idk as I’m always signed in on PC.

I emailed them and they told its currentlt not available at this time… there must be a way around this. People specifically use photos to join games… ive maxd two forge maps already and people dont join simply becayse it doesnt have a thumbnail photo…

2 Likes

Oh alright, thanks for the info, I didn’t know!
Anyway, my point was exactly about posting a screenshot “to a map”, like every other map you see on 343’s Custom Game Browser.

This is just a bug currently!

Even on Xbox, you get a “Call failed” error when trying to add screens to a Prefab, though I have seen a couple with them. It seems they were uploaded very early and the feature worked correctly originally but has since been broken.

2 Likes

“Forge Known Issues”

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/10661655974804/#:~:text=At%20launch,%20uploading%20screenshots%20for%20a%20published%20Forge%20file%20is%20only%20available%20on%20Xbox%20consoles.

At launch, uploading screenshots for a published Forge file is only available on Xbox consoles.

1 Like