Allow Playlist CSR Deranking

343 should allow your playlist ranking to drop after consecutive losses at the lowest level (i.e. Diamond 1 + a series of losses = Platinum 6). Now, here me out…

In every monthly season so far, I’ve ranked into Diamond initially in the playlists I frequent (Team Arena and Slayer), much to my dismay. I personally don’t feel I’m good enough to be a diamond considering how much I get owned once I’m ranked a diamond. Unfortunately, once you’re at diamond, the level of competition is such that unless you join with a fireteam and engage Try Hard® in each and every match, you won’t have a good time - and you’re stuck there until next month. Most of the people I play with are gold - platinum level, and playing with me automatically throws them into matches that are no fun. Being able to rank down would allow you to find the “sweet spot” that actually matches your skill level.

No thanks man
Whats the difference even if you rank down you would be placed against weaker opponents and you would wound up back at diamond again

Well at least give me that opportunity.

I completely agree. Deranking from a division should be allowed solely for the reason that it skews the rank distribution, which has unwanted effects for everyone. Those who get thrown at the bottom of the division, but who don’t belong there will end up matching with people above their actual skill level. On the other hand, the players higher in the given division will – due to a disproportionate amount of players lower in the division – will end up matching significantly more often with players below their skill level than they should be.

The whole concept of not allowing players to rank down beyond a point is just an entirely silly, completely artificial limitation that echoes the “everybody deserves a trophy” attitude. It misses the whole point of rating players which is not to hand out trophies to those who do well, but to create balanced matches so that everybody can have an enjoyable matchmaking experience.

In my eyes it’s either

• no division deranking + ranks reset (currently monthly) - division deranking + ranks continuousI don’t mind how it is at the moment, but equally wouldn’t mind option 2. However, I wouldn’t like division deranking as well as ranks resetting (currently monthly).

I have been screaming since launch that the current season/ranking system is garbage and should be optional- playlist style. I don’t have near the free time I used to so its already enraging to get to a level just to get reset. The qualifying matches just eat in to the little time I do have. I would have no problem going to a system with no seasons and deranking. Playing on a consistent level is the only way to improve skill and the current system doesn’t lend itself to that at all. The past Halo rankings worked just fine. There’s no reason H5s needed to change.

> 2533274807278095;6:
> I have been screaming since launch that the current season/ranking system is garbage and should be optional- playlist style. I don’t have near the free time I used to so its already enraging to get to a level just to get reset. The qualifying matches just eat in to the little time I do have. I would have no problem going to a system with no seasons and deranking. Playing on a consistent level is the only way to improve skill and the current system doesn’t lend itself to that at all. The past Halo rankings worked just fine. There’s no reason H5s needed to change.

Agree wholeheartedly. What’s to stop people from tanking the first 10 games in a playlist to force a low initial ranking so the games they play that season are more enjoyable?

> 2533274825830455;4:
> I completely agree. Deranking from a division should be allowed solely for the reason that it skews the rank distribution, which has unwanted effects for everyone. Those who get thrown at the bottom of the division, but who don’t belong there will end up matching with people above their actual skill level. On the other hand, the players higher in the given division will – due to a disproportionate amount of players lower in the division – will end up matching significantly more often with players below their skill level than they should be.
>
> The whole concept of not allowing players to rank down beyond a point is just an entirely silly, completely artificial limitation that echoes the “everybody deserves a trophy” attitude. It misses the whole point of rating players which is not to hand out trophies to those who do well, but to create balanced matches so that everybody can have an enjoyable matchmaking experience.

Agreed. I can’t even play by myself cause i’m getting people that are uncarryable.

How’s this for a massive joke - I let my 6 year old son play my first 10 games in Team Slayer after the CSR rankings reset this month. He was lucky to get a single kill each game and died 10-15 times each game. Guess what he ranked into ---- Platinum 4. Are you kidding me?

So with a 0.17 K/D and a 1-9 record in the first 10 matches, you get a platinum 4. Are you joking?!?

I’m a very mid to low player in this game. I keep placing Team Arena and Team Slayer in Platinum and sometimes make to Diamond if I get a decent amount of time and a team together. I would play FFA but there’s no games that can be found in Australia

Every lobby feels like a massive sweat fest at Plat / Diamond levels. I have no idea whether it’s because I’m not playing Gold, Silver or Bronze players but I do not feel like I am getting even matches consistently. I tried going in to Social Slayer but it locked me in to matches against the MLG pro sniper crowd a few times. I’m finding it hard to get a real balance. Halo 3, especially in Rumble Pit, is really what I want in H5 but can’t get anything in FFA. Looks like I might have to go back to COD for a period.

> 2533274805696963;10:
> I’m a very mid to low player in this game. I keep placing Team Arena and Team Slayer in Platinum and sometimes make to Diamond if I get a decent amount of time and a team together. I would play FFA but there’s no games that can be found in Australia
>
> Every lobby feels like a massive sweat fest at Plat / Diamond levels. I have no idea whether it’s because I’m not playing Gold, Silver or Bronze players but I do not feel like I am getting even matches consistently. I tried going in to Social Slayer but it locked me in to matches against the MLG pro sniper crowd a few times. I’m finding it hard to get a real balance. Halo 3, especially in Rumble Pit, is really what I want in H5 but can’t get anything in FFA. Looks like I might have to go back to COD for a period.

Sadly, I’ve ran into the same thing in Social Slayer. Usually I get matched up with a coordinating team of 5 who was too large for regular Arena Slayer and get owned…again.

I’ve always felt that a lower end buffer was always the better option, if you just hit the bottom tank in your division the first three games in that tank so not count losses, after that you are subject to deranking as normal. This allows players to get used to the “New” skill level of that division without instantly punishing them, but if they don’t perform then they don’t stay. This also helps in the situations of division bouncing, where you keep ranking up to the first of a new division then down to sixth of the last division.