Allow option to ignore games in progress

I know this is a small thing and I won’t mind if it is not added. Sometimes I get frustrated when I am constantly joining games that are in progress. Half the time, the game is either almost over or the team I am joining is losing drastically.
I would like to see a search option that will allow the ability to ignore games that are in progress and focus on players who are looking for matches. By default, it would be turned off but you can turn it on at your leisure.
I am not saying don’t allow players to join games in progress, that would be massively unfair. I just want an option that gives me an almost guaranteed fair match.

You’re right, it’s a small thing. But providing for the details is what makes the entire package work properly and the experience as a whole more exciting.

Personally I prefer waiting for a new match to start and play that one out than entering a match half way through with one team dominating already. Some other time however I just don’t care. Let me enter anything and shoot at whatever it moves! So having a filter for games in progress in matchmaking would be a small yet awesome addition!

I figure that for the first six months of Infinite’s release having a filter will work. I suspect that in this time frame, just like every other AAA title, this is when the games population is at it’s peak. Barring after the holiday season when there is a bump due to new players receiving the game.

Since having enough population could be beneficial in filling the gap. Due to the possible unconcerned nature of these players with if they start a fresh lobby or not.

After this time frame there may not be enough player base to fill in this gap, so the outcome could very well be games where no one jumps in to fill an open slot.

Just sayin’.

Then how many people honestly would not use that filter all the time? Ill admit I would. They would never fill the spots in in progress games if that’s an option.

> 2535473219036906;4:
> Then how many people honestly would not use that filter all the time? Ill admit I would. They would never fill the spots in in progress games if that’s an option.

Adding incentive to ‘volunteer’ would help. Opt-In JiP is a very good idea to reward players who don’t mind joining a losing a game while also helping teams that were gimped. With extra rewards for opting in it should keep the volunteer population a good size to help teams.

> 2533274797640604;5:
> > 2535473219036906;4:
> > Then how many people honestly would not use that filter all the time? Ill admit I would. They would never fill the spots in in progress games if that’s an option.
>
> Adding incentive to ‘volunteer’ would help. Opt-In JiP is a very good idea to reward players who don’t mind joining a losing a game while also helping teams that were gimped. With extra rewards for opting in it should keep the volunteer population a good size to help teams.

Sounds good to me, depending on what the rewards could be. Something meaningless like a small xp boost wouldn’t be worth it. Rank is simply a meaningless number, and I really have no desire to see any more loot boxes in the halo franchise so offering a req pack would just be a slap in the face

> 2535473219036906;6:
> > 2533274797640604;5:
> > > 2535473219036906;4:
> > > Then how many people honestly would not use that filter all the time? Ill admit I would. They would never fill the spots in in progress games if that’s an option.
> >
> > Adding incentive to ‘volunteer’ would help. Opt-In JiP is a very good idea to reward players who don’t mind joining a losing a game while also helping teams that were gimped. With extra rewards for opting in it should keep the volunteer population a good size to help teams.
>
> Sounds good to me, depending on what the rewards could be. Something meaningless like a small xp boost wouldn’t be worth it. Rank is simply a meaningless number, and I really have no desire to see any more loot boxes in the halo franchise so offering a req pack would just be a slap in the face

If XP or credits or whatever led directly to customizable pieces then I imagine that would be cool (assuming Haloi returns to Reach style). But some kind of reward generally.

> 2533274797640604;7:
> > 2535473219036906;6:
> > > 2533274797640604;5:
> > > > 2535473219036906;4:
> > > > Then how many people honestly would not use that filter all the time? Ill admit I would. They would never fill the spots in in progress games if that’s an option.
> > >
> > > Adding incentive to ‘volunteer’ would help. Opt-In JiP is a very good idea to reward players who don’t mind joining a losing a game while also helping teams that were gimped. With extra rewards for opting in it should keep the volunteer population a good size to help teams.
> >
> > Sounds good to me, depending on what the rewards could be. Something meaningless like a small xp boost wouldn’t be worth it. Rank is simply a meaningless number, and I really have no desire to see any more loot boxes in the halo franchise so offering a req pack would just be a slap in the face
>
> If XP or credits or whatever led directly to customizable pieces then I imagine that would be cool (assuming Haloi returns to Reach style). But some kind of reward generally.

I can agree with that.

I really hope they add in that option, I can be very frustrating especially when you mostly play solo.

I’ve stated this before.

They could have it that the player joining a losing match does not record a loss. If they stay and help turn it into a win they are awarded the win. Titanfall and Titanfall 2 do this, it removes all risk from joining a losing game, and gives an incentive to stay.

I would love to be able to opt out of JIP. About half of my matches are JIP’s and it gets old fast. Last night I joined a game and was immediately taken to the post game carnage report. Of course it was a loss, because why would people quit when they are winning. A few games later, I joined a lobby and before the game even loaded, I was taken to the countdown for the next match. I figured the original lobby just timed out, but when I checked my service record it counted as a loss even though I never even made it into the game

> 2592250499819446;10:
> I’ve stated this before.
>
> They could have it that the player joining a losing match does not record a loss. If they stay and help turn it into a win they are awarded the win. Titanfall and Titanfall 2 do this, it removes all risk from joining a losing game, and gives an incentive to stay.

I agree. And there is nothing better than coming into a losing game and turning the tides.

This is a really good idea for when the population is healthy. Once the game dies down though I feel they’d might need to remove it for the sake of search times.

I don’t like joining in progress games aswell, but…
I love when 2 players leave and get replaced so there is still a fair chance we can win. It has plus sides and min sides. I think 1 outa 10 games i search is in progress, i think its a fair amount. If they leave that the same i don’t mind it

> 2533274808754416;3:
> I figure that for the first six months of Infinite’s release having a filter will work. I suspect that in this time frame, just like every other AAA title, this is when the games population is at it’s peak. Barring after the holiday season when there is a bump due to new players receiving the game.
>
> Since having enough population could be beneficial in filling the gap. Due to the possible unconcerned nature of these players with if they start a fresh lobby or not.
>
> After this time frame there may not be enough player base to fill in this gap, so the outcome could very well be games where no one jumps in to fill an open slot.
>
> Just sayin’.

That’s fairly easily resolvable with a good UI layout - if it’s easy to select a filter or option more people will use it and play together. In other words if 343i (and MS in general) would drop horizontal layouts with huge images and at the same time doesn’t go crazy with drop menus and hidden “more option” buttons it should work fine. Not to mention that a beloved game even with a population drop normally always has a huge player base. Games like CSGO, COD on PC or even H2 to Reach never had problems with filters.

Another and even better solution would be a server/playlist picker. Let the player choose between matchmaking or manual selection! In the second option let the player see what map and mod is running in available playlists. If he clicks on it you’ll get additional infos in real time about player count, time left and map rotation (in that case I would favor a veto system about mod alone). In addition I would love to see a comeback of the Server Browser for the pure crazy social entertainment! :smiley:

To resume:

• competitive playlist would be matchmaking only with max. region filters - social playlist would have both matchmaking with “ignore game in progress filter” + the option to manually select a server with a playlist picker. - private matches would get the option to be opened up for the server browserBy doing so with a fairly good population it shouldn’t be a problem to find a match at all - and you also resolve the headache of people leaving because they hate the mod or replayed for x times the same map in a row.

Just my two cents! :stuck_out_tongue: