Allies in the campaign

I have noticed that a lot of people are assuming that the MC is completely alone this time. I made this to try and argue the opposite.

Every Halo game to date has had the MC fight with some of his Marine buddies, or elite ones. I wouldn’t count them out. Remember Cortana has made a distress signal in hope someone would find them, so why wouldn’t a small band of UNSC personelle or a Elite band of fighters find their way to them?

Maybe a lone UNSC troop carrier finds the signal and recognizes it, then they try to land and get shot down. The remaining survivors would be searched for by the MC and a base would be made. This could work as it would give the feel about how stranded you are and it could get emotional with certain marines making turning points in the story (maybe another Johnson type character). This sounding familiar to anyone?

The above is just one way allies could be included into the story, there could be many others. However I wouldn’t count allies out just because it looks so, discussion?

Or as demonstrated in Halo 3… Flood buddies! :smiley:

To be honest, I’d be very happy if there weren’t any allies in H4 except for Cortana in MC’s head. After Reach I’m so utterly fed up with NPC allies, it’s hard for me to describe without resorting to unpleasant language. >:(

UNSC and Elites hopefully

Halo 1:

• Halo: Started out alone.
  • 343 Guilty Spark - The Maw: Alone practically the whole time

Halo 2:

• Gravemind and High Charity
    (admittedly, this was a very ally heavy game)

Halo 3:
-Cortana

Halo: Reach:

• Lone Wolf

The Halo series has pared you up with allies more and more as the series went on, but a return to that feeling of being alone wouldn’t be unexpected or alien.

Most of the UNSC believe Chief’s dead. Arbiter suggests possibility that Chief survived but he has other concerns. Then again, it’s been 5 years if I’m not mistaken.

Anyways, remember that distress signal/beacon Cortana sent out. The only way there could be marines and Elites (other than the planet having captives (prisoners of war taken by the ancient evil), test subjects (like in that one comic with that Monitor and his gatherers), evil marines, etc.)) is if they found that signal.

We as a community have no idea how they’re going to incorporate the UNSC or Covenant or any of the other enemies in the next game…

It’s just speculation.

With that being said, I would LOVE to be apart of massive battles like in other Halo games.

But it just depends too much on the story and where it leads us…