All these Negative rants..

Now I love to start of saying that I’m a major than of the halo series, they were so fun and exciting and…sadly I must admit Halo:5 guardians…really inflicted my thoughts on the series.

Now I ain’t saying i wont give up being a fan, I’m just worried the series is just going to die off due to the recent games. But what people don’t really take focus is that the company had a limit to make the game and from the results, it came out…a slight wreckage. to the point I’ll still consider it a Beta game.

The Issues are that the Campaign was all rushed, we never get the feeling of the characters as they just do one thing and just right off move to the next (While in halo 3 we cared for Chief cause he was searching for cortana while trying to prevent the covenant to fire the ring). And with the Multiplayer, sure its fun with the new gameplay but there are still game breaking bugs that could be taken more serious although it’s nice to see the worst ones less commonly (I’m mostly talking about the REQ malfunction).

Now the main thing I want to talk about is the Community, EVERY DAY is hate, hate, hate. now I know these are just people getting stressed about the function of the gamemode but the very few have some point, for instance the VERY strict arena banhammer, I know its wrong to leave mid-game but punishing them for just that 1 seems abit too harsh on the poor guy (they must of just had a griefing team just giving the opposite team kills or something. Another thing I want to talk about is the Updates, now everyone have HIGH, and i do mean HIGH expectations for things in the update like the falcon. Now though that would be -Yoink- to use, you guys must understand they can’t just snap their fingers and give out a new vehicle with ease in 1 month. Infact I’m happy what 343 are doing, offering free update’s per month (not being rude but this should be in the game already but again, it seems 343 were rushed) so I think we should keep our moaning complaints down cause I and others, aswell as 343 are kind of getting fed-up that the community want something that seems to be really hard work to do in a short amount of time.

In the end, we should appreciate what 343 offering to us, think of it as a christmas gift; you might not get what you want, but it’s best if you don’t say anything bad and insult the poor guy for putting effort to get that gift for you.

We all paid $60 dollars for a working game and instead received a half finished beta. As the customer we are entitled to expect a lot out of the money we spent.

> 2535452061157766;2:
> We all paid $60 dollars for a working game and instead received a half finished beta. As the customer we are entitled to expect a lot out of the money we spent.

Halo 5 is not an isolated case.
This is many AAA games this gen, it’s more of a norm than a trend.

> 2533274913126156;3:
> > 2535452061157766;2:
> > We all paid $60 dollars for a working game and instead received a half finished beta. As the customer we are entitled to expect a lot out of the money we spent.
>
>
> Halo 5 is not an isolated case.
> This is many AAA games this gen, it’s more of a norm than a trend.

And I can explain a possibility as to why it is happening.

As the hardware and software becomes more it advanced, it becomes more complex, demanding more and more from the developers in order to utilize all the new features at their disposal.
So as our expectations increase, their ability to keep up is fading. A development process that could’ve been 1 month turns into 5. An art asset that simply required one image and a 3D mesh of 32 polygons turns into 8 textures, 32,000 polygons, and special plugins to allow unique features (like cloth physics or destructibility).
Game development needs to be allotted more time, but in reality they aren’t.

> 2533274887968151;4:
> > 2533274913126156;3:
> > > 2535452061157766;2:
> > > We all paid $60 dollars for a working game and instead received a half finished beta. As the customer we are entitled to expect a lot out of the money we spent.
> >
> >
> > Halo 5 is not an isolated case.
> > This is many AAA games this gen, it’s more of a norm than a trend.
>
>
> And I can explain a possibility as to why it is happening.
>
> As the hardware and software becomes more it advanced, it becomes more complex, demanding more and more from the developers in order to utilize all the new features at their disposal.
> So as our expectations increase, their ability to keep up is fading. A development process that could’ve been 1 month turns into 5. An art asset that simply required one image and a 3D mesh of 32 polygons turns into 8 textures, 32,000 polygons, and special plugins to allow unique features (like cloth physics or destructibility).
> Game development needs to be allotted more time, but in reality they aren’t.

Nailed it, if I may paraphrase;
We have a new gen of hardware and a new gen of developers, a 3 year turn-around before isn’t cutting it anymore. As everything expands these new devs need to take more time to perfect the software/hardware associated with these. Unfortunately, that means publishers need to chill out.
It used to be that when a new system came out, the launch games just looked like games from the previous era but with better frame rate. Now, however, the games look next gen but play like garbage sometimes.
Publishers are going to find out very quickly that gamers do not play with their eyes first and they should not allow the gaming market to enter an era where no amount of hype can build anticipation.

While your intentions are good OP, at the end of the day complaining about other users complaining doesn’t really get us anywhere. It just adds to the topic count pushing other topics out of the way. If any of the topics you see aren’t constructive, make sure to flag them for us to look at. Try not respond as that just keeps them at the top of the forums list :slight_smile: