ALL THE MAPS SHOWN FOR H5 LOOK THE SAME TO ME

I feel like all the maps that I have seen so far have the same industrial spacecraft look. I hope there are some refreshing and diverse maps like halo 2 and halo 3 had. Right now the maps seem very vanilla.

Am I alone in thinking this?

I’m not seeing. I mean sure some remixes look similar like Empire and Eden, but that’s intentional.

I think that they look diverse.

bruh

These look the same? But yeah I get what you’re saying. We’ve seen a lot of human/UNSC stuff that has some similarities, but of course there’s going to be plenty of Forerunner and Covenant as well. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

> 2533274854386801;1:
> I feel like all the maps that I have seen so far have the same industrial spacecraft look. I hope there are some refreshing and diverse maps like halo 2 and halo 3 had. Right now the maps seem very vanilla.
>
> Am I alone in thinking this?

No I totally get you Op this is the first halo game to take place on Sanghelios and yet there hasn’t been one Alien looking map yet everything except for regret and truth is on Unsc controlled planets and have a Unsc aesthetic. I’m hoping the dlc maps have more covenant themes or flood or even forerunner.

> 2533274912254619;4:
> bruh
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
>
> These look the same?

I think Regret and Colosseum are the most appealing aesthetic maps in halo 5 they look so alien I love it.

I agree OP. The only map that seems different is Truth which is a remake. Honest to god when they first released screenshots of Fathom I thought it was the night version of Eden.

I guess the sharp edges of human architecture make for more things to clamber onto better than the curves of covenant structures. Too bad it has to effect map aesthetics. I don’t even think there are regular outside nature maps (along the lines of Sanctuary, High Ground or Zanzibar) outside of Warzone, are there?

Oh he means the structures they are building based they may be different textures but the environment is like your in different types of building based areas whereas one is a spaceship but each environment consists of mainly metal. He probably is looking for more natural maps like jungles, deserts, canyons etc. Probably space rock environments too or flood based maps.

Some maps re-use assets, almost as if the maps were created in forge using tools and structures from each faction/culture. Examples are all UNSC looks the same, maybe not the layout, but the tools.

Would personally like to see the diversity of assets and enviornments seen in Halo 3 and Halo Reach

I am sure the game will be dope, and it is early to say all the map are bland, but can I get a frickn snow map or something? I have only seen or played a few maps. I just worry that the arena maps will be like halo 4, nothing special. The maps are important.

> 2533274854386801;10:
> I am sure the game will be dope, and it is early to say all the map are bland, but can I get a frickn snow map or something? I have only seen or played a few maps. I just worry that the arena maps will be like halo 4, nothing special. The maps are important.

A snow map has been shown in videos :smiley:

> 2533274925960280;8:
> Oh he means the structures they are building based they may be different textures but the environment is like your in different types of building based areas whereas one is a spaceship but each environment consists of mainly metal. He probably is looking for more natural maps like jungles, deserts, canyons etc. Probably space rock environments too or flood based maps.

Well said. I just want a good mix

> 2533274799527886;2:
> I’m not seeing. I mean sure some remixes look similar like Empire and Eden, but that’s intentional.

I just ask myself, where are the jungles, snow covered battlefields, ancient ruins, beach fronts, battles on other strange places… Instead of being surounded by metal crates placed inside a spaceship or a desert

> 2533274803493024;11:
> > 2533274854386801;10:
> > I am sure the game will be dope, and it is early to say all the map are bland, but can I get a frickn snow map or something? I have only seen or played a few maps. I just worry that the arena maps will be like halo 4, nothing special. The maps are important.
>
>
> A snow map has been shown in videos :smiley:

Good to know. Thanks! I will have to check it out. Do you know the map name?

> 2533274912254619;4:
> bruh
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
>
> These look the same? But yeah I get what you’re saying. We’ve seen a lot of human/UNSC stuff that has some similarities, but of course there’s going to be plenty of Forerunner and Covenant as well. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

he maens like links 2 and 3, just think about eden/empire, fathom and that A.R.C. Wazone map, they have the same art style for every building (and I think those are meant to be “human like” buildings not specific UNSC buildings…) I did also notice that before but I didn’t really know how to explain it till now (please understand me, I’m italian, some thoughts are different to materialize into english ^_^")

some links:
Halo 5 maps: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Halo 3: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5Halo 2: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5said that, I don’t think it really is a big deal, it could be just “new 2557 architecture style” or most likely it is just how Meridians’s buildings are

> 2533274819567236;7:
> I agree OP. The only map that seems different is Truth which is a remake. Honest to god when they first released screenshots of Fathom I thought it was the night version of Eden.
>
> I guess the sharp edges of human architecture make for more things to clamber onto better than the curves of covenant structures. Too bad it has to effect map aesthetics. I don’t even think there are regular outside nature maps (along the lines of Sanctuary, High Ground or Zanzibar) outside of Warzone, are there?

Not that I have seen or played. You make a good point of clamber forcing the hand of map design.

> 2533274854386801;13:
> > 2533274799527886;2:
> > I’m not seeing. I mean sure some remixes look similar like Empire and Eden, but that’s intentional.
>
>
> I just ask myself, where are the jungles, snow covered battlefields, ancient ruins, beach fronts, battles on other strange places… Instead of being surounded by metal crates placed inside a spaceship or a desert

btb maps haven’t been showed yet since btb will launch a few weeks post launch :slight_smile: and we haven’t yet seen lots of Covenant or Forerunner maps, and also you might want to check those Warzone maps, search for “Raid on Apex 7” on google, it hasn’t been showed yet but they have shown a MegaBlock version of it - it is inspired off the Silent Cartographer :smiley:

> 2533274863266427;6:
> > 2533274912254619;4:
> > bruh
> >
> > 1
> > 2
> > 3
> > 4
> >
> > These look the same?
>
>
> I think Regret and Colosseum and the most appealing aesthetic maps in halo 5 they look so alien I love it.

> 2533274912254619;4:
> bruh
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
>
> These look the same? But yeah I get what you’re saying. We’ve seen a lot of human/UNSC stuff that has some similarities, but of course there’s going to be plenty of Forerunner and Covenant as well. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Thanks for the pics. I had not seen the promethian looking one, looks cool.

> 2533274892367695;17:
> > 2533274854386801;13:
> > > 2533274799527886;2:
> > > I’m not seeing. I mean sure some remixes look similar like Empire and Eden, but that’s intentional.
> >
> >
> > I just ask myself, where are the jungles, snow covered battlefields, ancient ruins, beach fronts, battles on other strange places… Instead of being surounded by metal crates placed inside a spaceship or a desert
>
>
> btb maps haven’t been showed yet since btb will launch a few weeks post launch :slight_smile: and we haven’t yet seen lots of Covenant or Forerunner maps, and also you might want to check those Warzone maps, search for “Raid on Apex 7” on google, it hasn’t been showed yet but they have shown a MegaBlock version of it - it is inspired off the Silent Cartographer :smiley:

If I knew when btb was dropping I would be more excited.

Every map has a really similar style, not only in architecture but in play. One big main hall with medium/long sightlines surrounded by usually 2 or more layers of short- medium sightline areas. Theres occasionally a dynamic element that will temporarily change a sightline but thats about it. Truth and regret felt different, as well as the forge maps. MAYBE coliseum will be, but thats about it. I’m loving the games mechanics, but every map feels actually rather enclosed. If they knocked some walls down I might feel different about some of them.