All the grinding was worth it

Here’s something for the people who are in the lower Spartan ranks who are having a hard time with the game.

I have been playing since this game came out in October and I’ve been through a lot of ups and downs playing multiplayer. There were times when I thought it would be impossible to complete every weapon commendation when I would die often in one match. I thought it would be impossible to get Centurion because I thought these REQ packs are getting me nowhere and all this RP grinding was not worth it. Yeah the teams in Warzone are getting tougher like the groups Lt Wasp runs. Don’t worry about that. Your K/D is bad? Patience and time will help you get better, and the people who make fun of you are pretty pathetic for bringing up irrelevant stats. Now that I’ve finished up pretty much all my goals in Halo 5, I can say it’s one of the best video game experiences I’ve ever had. I can stop worrying and you can too. I shouldn’t have been worrying so much in the first place. It’s a different feeling once you’ve achieved. Remember this, you’re smart, you’re loyal. We the best. I appreciate you. I changed a lot. Never give up, never surrender. When you’re getting REQ packs and you’ve got the time and you’ve got the energy, keep telling yourself: Another one, another one, another one, another one, another one, and another one, and another one. Keep up the work and you’ll see how big the payouts are in the long run, this coming from someone who’s been all over the place in Halo 5.

Well said bro, I’m enjoying this game more and more everyday.
My goal is to collect everything there is to collect to be 100%.

• HELMET (189/191) - Need 2 - ARMOR (187/191) - Need 4 - VISOR (55/55) - Completed - STANCE (16/16) - Completed - ASSASSINATION (20/20) - Completed - WEAPON SKIN (38/38) - Completed - EMBLEMS (142/241) :frowning: So 2 helmets, 4 armors, and 99 emblems remaining.

Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.

still working on 100% REQs and getting all the medals commendations, im close but it is a grind

i might not ever see rank 152 before Halo 6 at this rate but we will see

> 2533274829635670;1:
> Here’s something for the people who are in the lower Spartan ranks who are having a hard time with the game.
>
> I have been playing since this game came out in October and I’ve been through a lot of ups and downs playing multiplayer. There were times when I thought it would be impossible to complete every weapon commendation when I would die often in one match. I thought it would be impossible to get Centurion because I thought these REQ packs are getting me nowhere and all this RP grinding was not worth it. Yeah the teams in Warzone are getting tougher like the groups Lt Wasp runs. Don’t worry about that. Your K/D is bad? Patience and time will help you get better, and the people who make fun of you are pretty pathetic for bringing up irrelevant stats. Now that I’ve finished up pretty much all my goals in Halo 5, I can say it’s one of the best video game experiences I’ve ever had. I can stop worrying and you can too. I shouldn’t have been worrying so much in the first place. It’s a different feeling once you’ve achieved. Remember this, you’re smart, you’re loyal. We the best. I appreciate you. I changed a lot. Never give up, never surrender. When you’re getting REQ packs and you’ve got the time and you’ve got the energy, keep telling yourself: Another one, another one, another one, another one, another one, and another one, and another one. Keep up the work and you’ll see how big the payouts are in the long run, this coming from someone who’s been all over the place in Halo 5.

You’re awesome, and thanks for the inspiring tips! I’ll keep grinding on those req packs.

> 2533275010968401;4:
> still working on 100% REQs and getting all the medals commendations, im close but it is a grind
>
> i might not ever see rank 152 before Halo 6 at this rate but we will see

pretty sure you will. It takes about 2 months or less to collect everything via req packs. Commendations might be tricky since you gotta keep calling in the weapons. However, req packs become cheaper since they refund you so stocking up is gonna be easy, until of course the next patch rolls out and you gotta collect everything. But it will be easy to collect it if you also have rp boost/jackpots saved up, and req points saved up too.

Just got nornfang today woot woot! Only have 30 more helmets/armor left and I’m done.

> 2533274790417684;3:
> Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.

It’s a videogame. That’s not the point.

Begins grinding on warzone.
Gets DC on the 1st game >.<

Have 2 weapon certs to get, 3 helms,and armors left.
Yes… yes, I did pay for some of it, but I always have disposable income so it’s not such a bad thing.

> 2533274790417684;3:
> Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.

Really confused by what you’re saying here

> 2533274953123640;8:
> > 2533274790417684;3:
> > Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.
>
>
> It’s a videogame. That’s not the point.

That’s MY point. Instead if putting that kind of dedication into a video game that will be replaced, why not just enjoy the game when you can and put that effort into something real and useable. I’ve put my time to a decent use, and now if I want I can just pay for the reqs without worrying about money and I can enjoy the game even more without all the time spent for something that won’t matter in a few years.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274816628272;11:
> > 2533274790417684;3:
> > Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.
>
>
> Really confused by what you’re saying here

Im not surprised.

> 2533274790417684;13:
> > 2533274816628272;11:
> > > 2533274790417684;3:
> > > Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.
> >
> >
> > Really confused by what you’re saying here
>
>
> Im not surprised.

Again whatever you’re implying should be better presented instead of being a mash-up of thoughts that enter your head at once.

Think for a moment about your quote.

> There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily

Maybe it’s the blanked out word. You enjoy messing with people daily because you can pay you way in Halo 5…just think about that statement, is there a better way to describe your thoughts?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274816628272;14:
> > 2533274790417684;13:
> > > 2533274816628272;11:
> > > > 2533274790417684;3:
> > > > Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.
> > >
> > >
> > > Really confused by what you’re saying here
> >
> >
> > Im not surprised.
>
>
> Again whatever you’re implying should be better presented instead of being a mash-up of thoughts that enter your head at once.
> Think for a moment about your quote.
>
>
> > There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily
>
>
> Maybe it’s the blanked out word. You enjoy messing with people daily because you can pay you way in Halo 5…just think about that statement, is there a better way to describe your thoughts?

Oh wow, I had no idea I needed to spell this out for you.
Ok here goes:
I have money.
I spent some on REQ packs.
I have all REQs.
I don’t get to play much, and Im not good at the game.
I have more than some of the “Elite” players.
Shooting people with REQs I didn’t really earn when others here are whining about not having Nornfang etc. feels good.
Capisce? Oh sorry, thats Italian for: “Do you understand?”
People wonder why they get called names!

Too much grinding. No life. Not worth it.

> 2535459287187747;16:
> Too much grinding. No life. Not worth it.

Warning: You’ll be asked to explain your comment further, with more detail.

Prepare yourself.

> 2533274790417684;17:
> > 2535459287187747;16:
> > Too much grinding. No life. Not worth it.
>
>
> Warning: You’ll be asked to explain your comment further, with more detail.
>
> Prepare yourself.

Trying to keep it simple so people get it. But I am prepared. I’m trying to keep it straight to the point.

> 2533274790417684;15:
> > 2533274816628272;14:
> > > 2533274790417684;13:
> > > > 2533274816628272;11:
> > > > > 2533274790417684;3:
> > > > > Honestly if you put that kind of time and effort into real life, you’ll actually get somewhere. There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Really confused by what you’re saying here
> > >
> > >
> > > Im not surprised.
> >
> >
> > Again whatever you’re implying should be better presented instead of being a mash-up of thoughts that enter your head at once.
> >
> > Think for a moment about your quote.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > There is a reason why I am able to pay my way in Halo 5, when really I’m just a mediocre player who enjoys -Yoinking!- with people daily
> >
> >
> > Maybe it’s the blanked out word. You enjoy messing with people daily because you can pay you way in Halo 5…just think about that statement, is there a better way to describe your thoughts?
>
>
> Oh wow, I had no idea I needed to spell this out for you.
>
> Ok here goes:
> I have money.
> I spent some on REQ packs.
> I have all REQs.
> I don’t get to play much, and Im not good at the game.
> I have more than some of the “Elite” players.
> Shooting people with REQs I didn’t really earn when others here are whining about not having Nornfang etc. feels good.
>
> Capisce? Oh sorry, thats Italian for: “Do you understand?”
>
> People wonder why they get called names!

No “Elite” players play warzone for anything more than a social playlist, so the tryhards in warzone with all the Reqs aren’t elite. Does having a job makes you special? Most people here can afford to buy the req packs, but most people are smart enough to not actually use real money on little perks in game. If only you were so lucky.

Something has you riled up though, maybe share it with the class?

Good post, OP.

I wish I had the time to put in to get Centurion in any reasonable timeframe, I just don’t. Not able to play until the kids and wife are in bed. I might just plunk down some spending money on gold packs once I’ve finished the silver pack grind (31 reqs to go!).

To the people knocking the OP: maybe you’re the ones that need to get a life. Guy comes in with a motivational post talking about finally earning something he’s worked towards for awhile. Not sure who pissed in your Cheerios, or what you’re compensating for, but nobody cares.