All the fans were robbed on halo 5 launch

dont get it dont you. let me explain it to you. the game came out for 60$. in india it was 4299. and now its 1299 for standard edition. limited edition came for 10000 is now 2499. legendary edition came for 25000 is now 15000. so basically all thise who bought halo 5 on launch or in starting month ( mostly LOYAL fans) weere charged more than twice the cost at which the game is being sold now.

Over all that there was a tweet from halo saying halo 5 is not 50 % off. well is like 70 to 60% off here in india.

We got to play the best FPS this gen for the last year, so there’s that.

Well that’s global, and I think global economics would be very different in other countries. If it was for the people in India then yeah you got ripped off it seems.

> 2535409489305717;3:
> Well that’s global, and I think global economics would be very different in other countries. If it was for the people in India then yeah you got ripped off it seems.

certainly. and we dont have a choice, do we? we wanna get hand on it as soon as possible because you know that feeling for butterflies when a new halo is coming out in a week or so. :sweat_smile:

So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…

> 2535473640312220;4:
> > 2535409489305717;3:
> > Well that’s global, and I think global economics would be very different in other countries. If it was for the people in India then yeah you got ripped off it seems.
>
> certainly. and we dont have a choice, do we? we wanna get hand on it as soon as possible because you know that feeling for butterflies when a new halo is coming out in a week or so. :sweat_smile:

haha… wrong quote :sweat_smile:

> 2533274816788253;5:
> So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…

allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India

> 2535473640312220;7:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…
>
> allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
> it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India

Every game drops in price as it gets older. Sorry that doesn’t happen in India but it seems to happen just about every where else. There are game even more new than H5 that has been offered at half off. Star wars battlefront and Titan Fall 2. They have sales quite often in the Xbox store.

> 2535473640312220;1:
> *dont get it dont you. let me explain it to you. the game came out for 60$. in india it was 4299. and now its 1299 for standard edition. limited edition came for 10000 is now 2499. legendary edition came for 25000 is now 15000. so basically all thise who bought halo 5 on launch or in starting month ( mostly LOYAL fans) weere charged more than twice the cost at which the game is being sold now.*Over all that there was a tweet from halo saying halo 5 is not 50 % off. well is like 70 to 60% off here in india.

Judging from your title this bothers you? Simply put it is and has been pretty common for modern video games to go down in price. It is a trade off that we all have the option of making. I can wait 6 months and get a game for half the price or wait a year or two and by it used for 10 or 15 dollars or I can buy it day one and pay 60 dollars for it. It is up to you to decide which end of that spectrum makes sense to you and whether or not it makes financial sense for you to buy the game day one. This isn’t you being ‘robbed’ however. Even if you buy the game on day one and day two the store puts it on sale…it wouldn’t be you getting ‘robbed.’ You knew full well the cost of the game and then made an informed decision as to whether or not it was worth it.

There are things you can complain about when it comes to the initial launch of Halo 5…a lack of social playlists, lack of several classic game types, and a poor story ranking pretty highly among them. Two of those have been dealt with over the last year. You could have been disappointed. You could very well have been justifiably upset at the time. You were not, however ‘robbed’ by a price cut over a year after the game released.

This is kind of an odd time to complain about pricing, i don’t want to promote other suppliers/games, but there’s alot of tittles for like 75-80% off right now through a certain popular PC game distributer.

> 2535473640312220;7:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…
>
> allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
> it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India

…dude. There is a clear reason of why there is such a huge discount.

1. The game released over a year ago.

2. It is the Holiday season, no matter whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. there will be big discounts for a while.

3. The game’s release wasn’t exactly the best release, I mean, it wasn’t a bad release by any means, but it wasn’t great either.

And if you’re talking about games like GTA V or Destiny, well in short, GTA hasn’t dropped in retail price since it released, Destiny if bought at release costs 170$(11532 rupees). You really think they are going to be the same price as Halo 5 currently?

Also it’s probably not 15000 rupees for the Legendary Edition, thats over double the price in USD.

and watchdogs wasn’t a flop. it was a generally well received game. it may seem like a flop to you but the (first at least) game is really good.

> 2533274860945165;11:
> > 2535473640312220;7:
> > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…
> >
> > allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
> > it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India
>
> …dude. There is a clear reason of why there is such a huge discount.
>
> 1. The game released over a year ago.
>
> 2. It is the Holiday season, no matter whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. there will be big discounts for a while.
>
> 3. The game’s release wasn’t exactly the best release, I mean, it wasn’t a bad release by any means, but it wasn’t great either.
>
> And if you’re talking about games like GTA V or Destiny, well in short, GTA hasn’t dropped in retail price since it released, Destiny if bought at release costs 170$(11532 rupees). You really think they are going to be the same price as Halo 5 currently?
>
> Also it’s probably not 15000 rupees for the Legendary Edition, thats over double the price in USD.
> and watchdogs wasn’t a flop. it was a generally well received game. it may seem like a flop to you but the (first at least) game is really good.

Actually GTA 5 is on sale for $30 with gold right now…Destiny is having a free trial, and you can buy the destiny collection for about $10 off, gears of war 4 is on sale for practically half off as well. Forza 3 is $10 off… a lot of games on sale

Here in Canada, games will often drop to below 50% initial price. Guaranteed if they see annual-cyclic releases. The more popular ones will retain some value, but unless they are long-life titles (like GTA 5) they will - more-often than not - drop significantly after the first year on market.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2533274860945165;11:
> > > 2535473640312220;7:
> > > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > > So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…
> > >
> > > allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
> > > it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India
> >
> > …dude. There is a clear reason of why there is such a huge discount.
> >
> > 1. The game released over a year ago.
> >
> > 2. It is the Holiday season, no matter whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. there will be big discounts for a while.
> >
> > 3. The game’s release wasn’t exactly the best release, I mean, it wasn’t a bad release by any means, but it wasn’t great either.
> >
> > And if you’re talking about games like GTA V or Destiny, well in short, GTA hasn’t dropped in retail price since it released, Destiny if bought at release costs 170$(11532 rupees). You really think they are going to be the same price as Halo 5 currently?
> >
> > Also it’s probably not 15000 rupees for the Legendary Edition, thats over double the price in USD.
> > and watchdogs wasn’t a flop. it was a generally well received game. it may seem like a flop to you but the (first at least) game is really good.
>
> Actually GTA 5 is on sale for $30 with gold right now…Destiny is having a free trial, and you can buy the destiny collection for about $10 off, gears of war 4 is on sale for practically half off as well. Forza 3 is $10 off… a lot of games on sale

Oh and they have the ultimate shooter package, call.of duty infinite warfare/call of duty 4 remaster and destiny collection for $76.99

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2533274860945165;11:
> > > 2535473640312220;7:
> > > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > > So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…
> > >
> > > allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
> > > it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India
> >
> > …dude. There is a clear reason of why there is such a huge discount.
> >
> > 1. The game released over a year ago.
> >
> > 2. It is the Holiday season, no matter whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. there will be big discounts for a while.
> >
> > 3. The game’s release wasn’t exactly the best release, I mean, it wasn’t a bad release by any means, but it wasn’t great either.
> >
> > And if you’re talking about games like GTA V or Destiny, well in short, GTA hasn’t dropped in retail price since it released, Destiny if bought at release costs 170$(11532 rupees). You really think they are going to be the same price as Halo 5 currently?
> >
> > Also it’s probably not 15000 rupees for the Legendary Edition, thats over double the price in USD.
> > and watchdogs wasn’t a flop. it was a generally well received game. it may seem like a flop to you but the (first at least) game is really good.
>
> Actually GTA 5 is on sale for $30 with gold right now…Destiny is having a free trial, and you can buy the destiny collection for about $10 off, gears of war 4 is on sale for practically half off as well. Forza 3 is $10 off… a lot of games on sale

As in like a retail drop caused by something other than a holiday sale or a sale in general. I know that those games are on sale right now, a pretty generous sale if you ask me.

> 2533274860945165;15:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > > 2533274860945165;11:
> > > > 2535473640312220;7:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > > > So the price went down as it does with any and all video games ever made? This is nothing new. All games drop in price… don’t want to pay full price? Simply wait… you can get the Xbox one console cheaper now as well… you can get Xbox 360 stuff even cheaper…
> > > >
> > > > allow me to clear the misconceptions of yours my friend. First I do agree that with time prices do fall. and yes I see older xbox one games being sold for NOT MORE THAN 40% DISCOUNT even today. exceptions to flop games like MCC and watchdogs.
> > > > it may be a thing in USA or other but not so much in India
> > >
> > > …dude. There is a clear reason of why there is such a huge discount.
> > >
> > > 1. The game released over a year ago.
> > >
> > > 2. It is the Holiday season, no matter whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. there will be big discounts for a while.
> > >
> > > 3. The game’s release wasn’t exactly the best release, I mean, it wasn’t a bad release by any means, but it wasn’t great either.
> > >
> > > And if you’re talking about games like GTA V or Destiny, well in short, GTA hasn’t dropped in retail price since it released, Destiny if bought at release costs 170$(11532 rupees). You really think they are going to be the same price as Halo 5 currently?
> > >
> > > Also it’s probably not 15000 rupees for the Legendary Edition, thats over double the price in USD.
> > > and watchdogs wasn’t a flop. it was a generally well received game. it may seem like a flop to you but the (first at least) game is really good.
> >
> > Actually GTA 5 is on sale for $30 with gold right now…Destiny is having a free trial, and you can buy the destiny collection for about $10 off, gears of war 4 is on sale for practically half off as well. Forza 3 is $10 off… a lot of games on sale
>
> As in like a retail drop caused by something other than a holiday sale or a sale in general. I know that those games are on sale right now, a pretty generous sale if you ask me.

The OP just needs to move out of India so he can get some deals on games :slight_smile:

> 2533274796680285;2:
> We got to play the best FPS this gen for the last year, so there’s that.

Halo 5 is the best fps this generation? That’s news to me and alot of other people…at least say imo

And yes I agree,we were robbed of a good/complete halo game

> 2533274830166194;17:
> > 2533274796680285;2:
> > We got to play the best FPS this gen for the last year, so there’s that.
>
> Halo 5 is the best fps this generation? That’s news to me and alot of other people…at least say imo

Don’t you think its a bit petty to be upset that I offered what was obviously an opinion but didn’t add IMO in a thread that is as poorly rationalized as this one is?

> 2535473640312220;1:
> *dont get it dont you. let me explain it to you. the game came out for 60$. in india it was 4299. and now its 1299 for standard edition. limited edition came for 10000 is now 2499. legendary edition came for 25000 is now 15000. so basically all thise who bought halo 5 on launch or in starting month ( mostly LOYAL fans) weere charged more than twice the cost at which the game is being sold now.*Over all that there was a tweet from halo saying halo 5 is not 50 % off. well is like 70 to 60% off here in india.

Wow, are you for real?

EVERY game reduces in value compared to when it launches? Look at Deadstiny (Destiny), i paid £60 for the game new, another £25 for DLC 1,2 and 3 (if you can even call them DLC), now you can get the game, DLC 1,2,3,4 and 5 for like £40.

Same as cars, and phones and literally everything, such a pointless thread,