All Right We Get It

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not link to inappropriate content.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

If there was no TU I’d understand, but 343 fixed the game and made it fun. It’s still the same reach really, but they made the AAs more balanced and made the shooting rely more on skill than random bloom headshots or waiting for your bloom to reset.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

>

:wink: Here’s a mature response.

Actually by catering the casual (sorry broader audiences) more by rewarding failure (Credits are giving to both winner and loser regardless of how well you did, as long you stayed in and you don’t even have to play), limiting rank to one playlist and keeping that rank hidden as not scare off players amoung other things, really hurt the incentive for this game. Bungie should have leaned towards the competitive while giving the casuals their playground (social). I have no idea why they didn’t keep the perfect balance of ranked and social from Halo 3. At least in that game, there was something for literally everyone. D/C’s and de rankers aside (major problems btw), it had some things right but i digress…

Instead we get a ton of social playlists with credits as rank exp, mostly easy breezy achievements, and Armor as the only incentive as the Arena rank disappears in three months making it rather pointless in the long run and credit rank determined not by skill but play time. With this “everyone is a winner even if you suck” mentality it hurts bad players even more than the good ones. Why should you try if you get the same reward if you played? As long as you get that new shiny armor piece, who cares about competitive gameplay? >.> It’s nice feature and i loved the customization but it’s a poor excuse for incentive by itself.

So yes, i would like Halo 4 to be the deciding factor. It could possibility prove that focusing on a strong competitive base (Halo 2/Halo 3) while having room for social players (while having a good balance on both fronts with rank NOT being hidden or reset). Otherwise we’ll start seeing memes like lolHalo4 and lolcasualsruinedHalo etc etc.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

>

Do allow me to retort,
So instead of the childish cR and Armor incentives, you would prefer a shiney pixel badge that lets everybody know how good you are,all the time and forever? Mature, very mature.

They didnt keep “the perfect balance” of ranked and social (which had major problems btw)playlist because it is a ranking system from 5 years ago, in a different game thats still online for those that love it so much.

Those that put the time in deserve to feel accomplished even if you can beat them every time, rank does not indicate skill ever time but it is an indicaters of time spent on the game which will intern produce a better player than a cadet as opposed to a Reclaimer.

If the point of you playing the Reach/Halo has boiled down to what and how the pretty pixels are assigned and retained and earned, you have been led astray by your own desire to achieve.

I promise you that the player that just got his space-age butt handed to him by a single or team of highly skilled players does not feel as good as they do about his reward.

I have complaints about the armor but they are different than yours, I feel it was foolish not to allow purchases and new customization all the way up the rank latter, not stopping at mythic or nobel. Everybody wants that sweet haunted helmet, which is why there should be rewards for the upper ranks, but really I dont care enough to be upset about it, because it is a game.

I will bet my Inclement weather when 4 is released, no matter how great it is there will be a new batch of “the mechanics/ranking system/no pickup powers/no loadout powers/pickup powers/loadout powers/bloom/no bloom/recoil/no recoil/maps too big/maps not big enough/maps not symetrical/this gun is OP/it wasent like this before/it was like this before/it should be the same/it should have been changed and was better in this Halo game but does not work in this one/does work in this one/needs to be tweeked” players will regail us with how much better they could make this game for all of us.

Play to play

[

We get responses such as “Bloom is Broken” or “Reach broke Canon” which to be honest are all opinion.

Yet some people try so hard to confuse us into believing that their opinions are the cemented factual information. Here’s what I’m going to say.

Halo: Reach is my second favourite Halo Game and thus the most enjoyable one for me to play on Xbox Live. Anniversary Reach is far too lackluster and the heavy reliance on Utility Weapons make it unplayable for me. DMR Spawns on High Noon? No thanks 343 Industries. I prefer the Default Halo: Reach Gameplay.

Hate me for it that is just you being tunnel-visioned. You should never judge a person’s emotional stature by their beliefs.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other users.

IDk what you’re talking about so far friend. You say the TU relies heavily on Utility weapons, but Reach always did. Well, that and AL. I’ve never played Reach with many people using anything but DMR/ Pistol at the start. The only difference is more people use the AR now due to Melee Bleed through.

does anyone know where i can find an accurate description of the 30 different playlists this game has?? where it describes where armor abilities are, bloom or no bloom, dlc 1&2 w anniversary, what are the classic playlists and what the update 2 beta playlist means??

i havent played reach in months and i am confused!

> > > > > Reach is not up to Halo’s standards. You Reach haters have made that perfectly clear. You voiced your opinion many times in many threads and posts, im pretty sure 343 isnt gonna make the same “mistakes” as Bungie did (whom were just trying to make the game fall into a wider audience, and accidentally catered more to the casual crowd then the competitive) So just let us who liek Halo: Reach enjoy it while it lasts. You guys will get your crown jewel Halo back in Halo 4, dont worry.
> > > > > Basiclly
> > > >
> > > > My link is superior, yours is inferior and sub optimal.
> > >
> > > As to be expected of a troll, a trolo video and no mature response.
> >
> > :wink: Here’s a mature response.
> >
> > Actually by catering the casual (sorry broader audiences) more by rewarding failure (Credits are giving to both winner and loser regardless of how well you did, as long you stayed in and you don’t even have to play), limiting rank to one playlist and keeping that rank hidden as not scare off players amoung other things, really hurt the incentive for this game. Bungie should have leaned towards the competitive while giving the casuals their playground (social). I have no idea why they didn’t keep the perfect balance of ranked and social from Halo 3. At least in that game, there was something for literally everyone. D/C’s and de rankers aside (major problems btw), it had some things right but i digress…
> >
> > Instead we get a ton of social playlists with credits as rank exp, mostly easy breezy achievements, and Armor as the only incentive as the Arena rank disappears in three months making it rather pointless in the long run and credit rank determined not by skill but play time. With this “everyone is a winner even if you suck” mentality it hurts bad players even more than the good ones. Why should you try if you get the same reward if you played? As long as you get that new shiny armor piece, who cares about competitive gameplay? >.> It’s nice feature and i loved the customization but it’s a poor excuse for incentive by itself.
> >
> >
> >
> > So yes, i would like Halo 4 to be the deciding factor. It could possibility prove that focusing on a strong competitive base (Halo 2/Halo 3) while having room for social players (while having a good balance on both fronts with rank NOT being hidden or reset). Otherwise we’ll start seeing memes like lolHalo4 and lolcasualsruinedHalo etc etc.
>
> Do allow me to retort,
> So instead of the childish cR and Armor incentives, you would prefer a shiney pixel badge that lets everybody know how good you are,all the time and forever? Mature, very mature.
>
> They didnt keep “the perfect balance” of ranked and social (which had major problems btw)playlist because it is a ranking system from 5 years ago, in a different game thats still online for those that love it so much.
>
> Those that put the time in deserve to feel accomplished even if you can beat them every time, rank does not indicate skill ever time but it is an indicaters of time spent on the game which will intern produce a better player than a cadet as opposed to a Reclaimer.
>
> If the point of you playing the Reach/Halo has boiled down to what and how the pretty pixels are assigned and retained and earned, you have been led astray by your own desire to achieve.
>
> I promise you that the player that just got his space-age butt handed to him by a single or team of highly skilled players does not feel as good as they do about his reward.
>
> I have complaints about the armor but they are different than yours, I feel it was foolish not to allow purchases and new customization all the way up the rank latter, not stopping at mythic or nobel. Everybody wants that sweet haunted helmet, which is why there should be rewards for the upper ranks, but really I dont care enough to be upset about it, because it is a game.
>
> I will bet my Inclement weather when 4 is released, no matter how great it is there will be a new batch of “the mechanics/ranking system/no pickup powers/no loadout powers/pickup powers/loadout powers/bloom/no bloom/recoil/no recoil/maps too big/maps not big enough/maps not symetrical/this gun is OP/it wasent like this before/it was like this before/it should be the same/it should have been changed and was better in this Halo game but does not work in this one/does work in this one/needs to be tweeked” players will regail us with how much better they could make this game for all of us.
>
> Play to play
>
> [

I have to disagree heavily, I don’t care about pixel’s assigned. While I admit hitting the highest rank in a playlist that requires teamwork, skill, and winning would be a enjoyable experience with friends. It’s more about the competitive nature. Which Reach has none of, the Arena? Don’t kid with me, I stopped playing because even at the Onyx level it was one of two things. My team either got worked, or did the working. There was hardly ever a close game, a sense of progression, which I miss from Halo 3. You bet I was super excited to get my 45 in MLG! Also, I don’t know where you get this, “Everybody wants that sweet haunted helmet.” Because I’m a higher rank than most players and I won’t be wearing the haunted helmet.

> I have to disagree heavily, I don’t care about pixel’s assigned. While I admit hitting the highest rank in a playlist that requires teamwork, skill, and winning would be a enjoyable experience with friends. It’s more about the competitive nature. Which Reach has none of, the Arena? Don’t kid with me, I stopped playing because even at the Onyx level it was one of two things. My team either got worked, or did the working. There was hardly ever a close game, a sense of progression, which I miss from Halo 3. You bet I was super excited to get my 45 in MLG! Also, I don’t know where you get this, “Everybody wants that sweet haunted helmet.” Because I’m a higher rank than most players and I won’t be wearing the haunted helmet.

I have to agree with this. Arena got me mad in this game.