All of these weapon customization crap needs to stop, pronto!

For the love of God that is good and holy, just stop with these idiotic threads regarding weapon customization. If you want this so bad, go play Call of Doody. Halo 4 doesn’t need all this -Yoink-. Stop polluting these forums with all this garbage. Man, what does it take to get through your bloody minds.

I’ve finally snapped it when I saw one more thread dedicated to weapon customization/perks. Halo has always been about giving both teams an even playing field. AA’s, perks, whatever alienates it’s core gameplay. No-one wants this crap, I don’t want to sound like an -Yoink-, but this is the truth.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Forge being expanded, but that’s about it, possibly Armoury, but that’s more of a less priority than anything else. 343i, don’t listen to these moronic ideas and keep Halo unique, the Xbox wouldn’t be around if it wasn’t for that game. Well I seem to be more calm after venting my rage. Thanks for reading.

a

*FLAME SUIT ON

Don’t mean to sound rude, but Halo needs to Evolve, if you know what I’m getting at, that’s the reason the first game was called COMBAT EVOLVED, in order to make the game better you need to evolve the gameplay.

I don’t want COD Style Weapon Customization, I think it should be a Weapon Style Customization.

ASSAULT MA5C: Standard MA5C
TACTICAL MA5C: MA5C with Flashlight, Laserdotpointer
DEMOLITION MA5C: MA5C with Underslung Grenade Launcher
STEALTH MA5C: MA5C with Silencer

And you can’t “Stack” the attachments.
I hope you understand what I’m saying.

Finally someone (the OP) who isn’t a complete fool on these forums. +1 to you, sir.

Maybe if it’s only the option to customize in Forge, so the players on the map would get the same weapon attachment.

a

guns dont need to have attached silencers or pogo sticks
they need to be fully customizable in terms of damage, clip size, other properties

> Finally someone (the OP) who isn’t a complete fool on these forums. +1 to you, sir.

There are plenty of smart people on these forums. They’re just drowned out by vocal minority that would be using every swear word if they weren’t censored or banned.

I can honestly say i created a post about weapon upgrading but then discarded the idea with it not being halo, but a recent topic which i just posted in suggests changing the damage of the weapon and not appearance similar to the scarab gun in halo 2, i think anything along these lines of upgrading weapons in this sense and not adding attachments should be in the custom games aspect of halo only and nothing like this in matchmaking.

Halo can evolve all it wants as long as there is always an option to take all the changes out in custom games.

Also, evolving doesn’t have to be just adding perks/attachments. Do it the way Halo has since the beginning with similar changes to gameplay as dual wielding, boarding enemy vehicles, theater mode, forge, and Halo 3 equipment.

Agreed.

1. Don’t need it.

2. Doesn’t taste like Halo.

3. Wouldn’t be balanced in conjuncture with how other players have damage, range or whatever pimped their weapons.

4. Should focus more on the armoury feature instead of this swamp manure.

My post may have been misleading to some people, but here is what I was trying to say. Halo has to retain it’s core gameplay while building on it. We don’t need perks, gun attachments or anything that alters the gameplay. It’s just an open battleground with two even teams with even weapons and attributes, nothing more, nothing less. It would obviously destroy map control if the opposition gain access to an underbarreled grenade launcher right off spawn. CoD and Halo should remain different from one another, it’s pointless for one game to change it’s style to mimic the other only for it to backfire. (I’m looking at you, Reach.)

I wouldn’t mind if people could tweak the weapon’s damage, RoF, clip size, whatever. So long has it remains in Custom games. I would like to see a Forge 3.0, that’s pretty much all I’m asking. I apologize for my rowdy behaviour, but these ideas would only cause more damage to the franchise, we don’t need it. Let 343i do what is necessary. How can they prove themselves if people are flooding these forums with pointless ideas that would result in a waste of time and resources. Well that’s that.

If there is any type of weapon customization, I would want it to be purely cosmetic. Nothing to increase damage or ammo over everyone else, but just something to give a player a bit more flair to there starting weapon for those that care to do so.

If there was anything along the lines of customization of individual weapon damage and clip size it would have to be for Forge and Custom games.

> If there is any type of weapon customization, I would want it to be purely cosmetic. Nothing to increase damage or ammo over everyone else, but just something to give a player a bit more flair to there starting weapon for those that care to do so.
>
> If there was anything along the lines of customization of individual weapon damage and clip size it would have to be for Forge and Custom games.

No. the cosmetic tweaks are useless. go back to putting camo on your type 95. this is halo not cod

Armor/Emblem/Colors should be the ONLY customization in Halo. Vehicle color variation like the mongeese in Halo Reach is fine too.

Halo should be a plain even battle ground where skill is the only difference between players. Its NOT about noobs that can spawn with a grenade launcher attached to their guns and spamming random shots and getting kills.

I think that weapon customization is a terrible idea.
I think that weapon variation is a good idea.

What I mean by that is this:
I don’t think that every player should have the options to customize their own little variant of the weapon that they can spawn with. However, it would be cool if around the map their were weapons with fixed modifications. For example, there would be the standard SMG and then a Silenced SMG at another point on the map. This would be akin to the regular Hornet and the transport Hornet.

> *FLAME SUIT ON
>
> Don’t mean to sound rude, but Halo needs to Evolve, if you know what I’m getting at, that’s the reason the first game was called COMBAT EVOLVED, in order to make the game better you need to evolve the gameplay.
>
> I don’t want COD Style Weapon Customization, I think it should be a Weapon Style Customization.
>
> ASSAULT MA5C: Standard MA5C
> TACTICAL MA5C: MA5C with Flashlight, Laserdotpointer
> DEMOLITION MA5C: MA5C with Underslung Grenade Launcher
> STEALTH MA5C: MA5C with Silencer
>
> And you can’t “Stack” the attachments.
> I hope you understand what I’m saying.

Um, no. At the beginning of a standard match of Halo, all players must start with the exact same tools and abilities as all of the other players. Armor Abilities destroyed this, we don’t need more things destroying it further.

> > If there is any type of weapon customization, I would want it to be purely cosmetic. Nothing to increase damage or ammo over everyone else, but just something to give a player a bit more flair to there starting weapon for those that care to do so.
> >
> > If there was anything along the lines of customization of individual weapon damage and clip size it would have to be for Forge and Custom games.
>
> No. the cosmetic tweaks are useless. go back to putting camo on your type 95. this is halo not cod

Cosmetics are useless, that’s the point. Just like choosing what armor pieces you want, changing the look of your gun is just for the desire of the player doing it, it doesn’t effect the gameplay at all. If you don’t want to change your gun, nothing is forcing you to, just like armor customization. It would be just another option some people might like to have.

there is a reason why this is called a forum to suggest ideas and create a flexible possibility for a solution or build the game for it to be great and what players want. if you cant deal with that, get out. you are what is holding us back with just complaints instead of constructive criticism

> > > If there is any type of weapon customization, I would want it to be purely cosmetic. Nothing to increase damage or ammo over everyone else, but just something to give a player a bit more flair to there starting weapon for those that care to do so.
> > >
> > > If there was anything along the lines of customization of individual weapon damage and clip size it would have to be for Forge and Custom games.
> >
> > No. the cosmetic tweaks are useless. go back to putting camo on your type 95. this is halo not cod
>
> Cosmetics are useless, that’s the point. Just like choosing what armor pieces you want, changing the look of your gun is just for the desire of the player doing it, it doesn’t effect the gameplay at all. If you don’t want to change your gun, nothing is forcing you to, just like armor customization. It would be just another option some people might like to have.

Is your name a play on Mega Man Zero? Just curious but on to the point.

The suggestions for weapon customization aren’t just for cosmetics when they are mentioned on here. Most of it stems to be like COD where the attachments and scopes DO affect the gameplay. I believe the younger audience forum what like this but have no idea what the ramifications would if Halo started using kill streaks and weapon attachments. In the process and this is my opinion, Halo would wind up being COD clone and lose it’s identity.