All New Melee Weapon!

So for a long time Halo fans have yearned for all new kinds of weapons with their own personalities and styles and melee weapons have been some of the most fun to both use and conceptualize for fans, right?
We all want new weapons for future Halo titles and I bet a lot of us are keen on imagining new weapons. Weapons like the Energy Sword and the Gravity hammer are tried and true, not to mention having an excellent in universe history.
Earlier today, while browsing some use-made forge remakes of old halo maps with a buddy of mine who was high off her -Yoink-, I got a beat down with the needler. The animation permutation that I used was something not new to Halo, but it sparked an idea in my head.
Imagine a blamite based Melee weapon! No really, just imagine it for a second!
In my head, I see a sort of gauntlet like weapon, with loose blamite shards sticking out of the knuckles(a la wolverine) and forearm. A punch or a back-hand will embed the blamite into the enemy, causing a super combine! I thought that’d be cool.
Of course there’s a lot to be said about the shift in balance for the current weapons this would bring about. For one thing, if the enemy supercombines, wouldn’t that do self damage? Well i imagine that could be useful consideration for balancing this weapon. If not, then how about adding a sort of jet-booster system, as with the gravity hammer, that will push opponents back on impact the way a Spartan Charge does. Imagine turning a guy into a blamite bomb and throwing him right into his friends!
I’m thinking it would have about the same, if not less, lunge distance as the sword, about half the swords ammo, and would likely fail to contest the sword, considering its actual imapact is not what will kill the enemy. If it’s necessary for it to be able to contest the sword, then how about giving it a defensive functionality?
How about if the smart-link allows the spartan to stand in a defensive position that allows the weapon to mitigate some of the damage, the same way a sword clash would?
Well, that’s one idea I had. Honestly, I’d just like more blamite based weapons. Needlers are fun, and as for flavor text and lore, what if this weapon was a result of the Unngoy producing their own technology? Believe it or not, they Grunts are smarter than they appear to be. I think that’d be interesting, especially since both the Elites and the Brutes have their own brands of weaponry.
I’m still holding out that eventually, humans will have their own viable melee weapon in a Halo game. The energy bayonette weapons are close, but i’m still hope for something more unique that stands on its own.
That’s my idea and i’m sure many people have some of their own.

I think it’d be cooler and a little more realistic if when assassinating an enemy while holding a needler, you swing the gun and shove all the needles into them that causes an instant supercombine assassination.

what about the Warden’s sword…or instant-supercombine needle brass knuckles?

> 2533274932173323;3:
> what about the Warden’s sword…or instant-supercombine needle brass knuckles?

Didjya read my post?
Super-combine fist is exactly what I described.

> 2533274843498392;2:
> I think it’d be cooler and a little more realistic if when assassinating an enemy while holding a needler, you swing the gun and shove all the needles into them that causes an instant supercombine assassination.

Sure, that’d be neat, but I want more melee weapons.

supercombine fists would be pretty sweet.

I want a forerunner sword unsc aircraft forrunner walker tank that fires binary rifle shots 4 at a time (halo 4 binary rifle that it) and a forerunner bike that has a lance to charge enemy vehicles

> 2535466171875810;6:
> I want a forerunner sword unsc aircraft forrunner walker tank that fires binary rifle shots 4 at a time (halo 4 binary rifle that it) and a forerunner bike that has a lance to charge enemy vehicles

Yes, yes. I get that it’s unrealistic.
You don’t have to make fun of me.

> 2533274882407276;7:
> > 2535466171875810;6:
> > I want a forerunner sword unsc aircraft forrunner walker tank that fires binary rifle shots 4 at a time (halo 4 binary rifle that it) and a forerunner bike that has a lance to charge enemy vehicles
>
>
> Yes, yes. I get that it’s unrealistic.
> You don’t have to make fun of me.

He may be onto something, though, a Forerunner Sword would be neat. Especially if the target disintegrated upon death.

A Blamite blade was actually featured in Halo: Contact Harvest if I remember correctly. Some Jackals were using them against Johnson when he first encountered them on some ship.

> 2533274837720524;9:
> A Blamite blade was actually featured in Halo: Contact Harvest if I remember correctly. Some Jackals were using them against Johnson when he first encountered them on some ship.

What this person said, I believe the ship captain jackel had an old needler sword or cutlass. I certainly hope it doesn’t explode or chip off easily but it is an interesting concept. 343 really missed out on making weapon-specific assassinations.

> 2533274865500640;10:
> > 2533274837720524;9:
> > A Blamite blade was actually featured in Halo: Contact Harvest if I remember correctly. Some Jackals were using them against Johnson when he first encountered them on some ship.
>
>
> What this person said, I believe the ship captain jackel had an old needler sword or cutlass. I certainly hope it doesn’t explode or chip off easily but it is an interesting concept. 343 really missed out on making weapon-specific assassinations.

Maybe the Gravity Hammer will have some?

> 2533274826920712;8:
> > 2533274882407276;7:
> > > 2535466171875810;6:
> > > I want a forerunner sword unsc aircraft forrunner walker tank that fires binary rifle shots 4 at a time (halo 4 binary rifle that it) and a forerunner bike that has a lance to charge enemy vehicles
> >
> >
> > Yes, yes. I get that it’s unrealistic.
> > You don’t have to make fun of me.
>
>
> He may be onto something, though, a Forerunner Sword would be neat. Especially if the target disintegrated upon death.

If its a Forerunner sword, or more specifically, the Warden’s sword, Id imagine it’d be vastly functionally different that any other melee weapon in the game. compared to a spartan, that thing is huge, so they probably would be able to lunge around with it like the Warden does.

I rememer in reach, if you assassinated someone with the sword out, it would kill them with the sword rather then your knife.

If they added another melee weapon it’d have to be a promethean one or a Human one.

> 2533274932173323;3:
> what about the Warden’s sword…or instant-supercombine needle brass knuckles?

I would love the Wardens sword lol
This needs to be in future DLC.

> 2533274826443777;13:
> I rememer in reach, if you assassinated someone with the sword out, it would kill them with the sword rather then your knife.

That happens in Halo 5…