All halo fans old and new read this.

Okay everyone STOP! I’ve had enough with the halo community’s idiotic civil war! I want the same thing you 343 fans and 343 haters do. I want halo to be the best series it can be. But its not going to happen if you all won’t calm down and use constructive criticism instead of blind hate and blind fanboyism. 343 haters bungie is gone. Like it or not they are not making halo anymore. And bungie was not perfect at making halo because they weren’t, it had its problems and 343’s games have some great things to it. And 343 fans don’t think that your off the hook. 343 has made improvements, yes, but they had also made some bad choices. And I mean very bad. Just please stop the fighting and make halo great again!

I know they might not come back but they need some help with some stuff

Even the most mild of criticisms are often labeled as “blind hate”. It’s hard to take complaints about “blind hate” seriously when someone responds to a calm and reasonable post with “Quit crying, crybaby”.

“The old games weren’t perfect.” And? Nothing is perfect, that doesn’t mean we can’t weigh strengths and weaknesses between new and old. “Bungie isn’t perfect.” The underlying assumption here is that critics are just Bungie fanboys, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

> 2533274819302824;3:
> Even the most mild of criticisms are often labeled as “blind hate”. It’s hard to take complaints about “blind hate” seriously when someone responds to a calm and reasonable post with “Quit crying, crybaby”.
>
> “The old games weren’t perfect.” And? Nothing is perfect, that doesn’t mean we can’t weigh strengths and weaknesses between new and old. “Bungie isn’t perfect.” The underlying assumption here is that critics are just Bungie fanboys, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

This is why I try to directly compliment those who make calm and reasonabl posts for their position, even if I disagree with them. The community needs positive examples of solid criticism, the problem is that there’s so much shallow raging that the good posts just get lumped in with.

I completely agree with you OP but the unfortunate truth is that this civil war will continue for many more years and it will in the end destroy Halo.

• The 343 fan boys wont accept 343 are capable of making stupid decisions - The purists just want a Halo 2 and 3 clone even though it would kill the franchise - The moderators Lock any thread with a piece of negativity - Constructive posts are not acknowledged by 343 - Point of view is always treated as facts - Go back to COD or MCC is frequently used - No one can accept change - Casual fans don’t do enough research into the franchise - Everyone seems to think they are a game developer - Apparently you have God status if you played CE back in 2001 - 343 make stupid decisionsEvery person on waypoint is in the wrong myself included, for the community to thrive again everyone would need admit that they are wrong in some areas and actually try to be positive about the franchises future.

You are more than right pal!
the problem is that Bungie fanboys and 343 fanboys became zealots (not the Sangheilli one).
They just don’t care about what you think or what you say,so every critic becomes an insult.
Posts like this one you made,unfortunatly,aren’t going to change anything,and the moderators are probably going to close it.
Keep thinking like that and always try to improve Halo,not with insults,but critics,and sometimes,compliments.

Anybody who speaks of a “civil war” on this forum is being overly dramatic. Same goes for making a thread complaining about people’s attitudes. The discussion on this forum is pretty much as normal as it gets on a forum of this size, maybe a bit on the tame side. In a perfect world, we’d all obviously like to have a forum where everybody is polite and understanding of other people’s views. And obviously we, the moderators, do the best we can to fight for that ideal. But still, I can’t help but feel that anybody who feels the need to call it a “civil war” doesn’t quite have a good grasp of the reality of the internet.

The other problem I have is making threads about people’s attitudes. They are just completely, utterly pointless waste of space. There are precisely two types of people: those who think “there is no problem” (i.e. “I couldn’t care less”), and those who think “I’m not part of the problem”. So, what happens when you make a thread? The former people will just ignore the thread or, if the OP is unlucky and they’re malicious in nature, come and say mean things to the OP. The latter will show varying levels of interest from arguing against the OP to being yes-men. But none of these people thinks “I should be nicer to other people!” And so, at best the thread gets mostly ignored and dies fast, and at worst it generates a bunch of meaningless discussion about the others (but never themselves), until a moderator all too tired of seeing the same silly thread popping up over and over again comes and locks it.

If you really want to help the community, there’s a couple of easy things you can do:

• Be an example. If you think there is a problem, act in such a way that you can be sure you’re not part of the problem. If you see a thread that’s not constructive, report it. Don’t go into the thread telling the OP how pointless the thread is, how it’s beating a dead horse, how there are million threads on the topic. Don’t go into the thread. 90% of the problems people have on forums would be solved if they didn’t reply threads they think are stupid. - Don’t discuss people’s attitudes. Don’t make a thread telling the community to act nicer. Nobody thinks they’re the problem, so the thread is futile and amounts to a bunch of accusatory discussion, which is fruitless. Same goes for discussing people’s attitudes in other threads: it’s off-topic and unhelpful. - Be understanding. The forum becomes a much nicer place when you realize that people have reasons. Nobody is a blind fanboy, and nobody hates for the sake of hate. - Also, there is no hive mind. If you discuss with someone, and later someone else with a similar opinion says something which contradicts your previous discussion, their opinion is not inconsistent; you’ve just discussed with two different people.

> 2533274904245048;5:
> The moderators Lock any thread with a piece of negativity

If that were the case, we’d just have locked the entire Halo 5 section.