All DLC required

WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID 343!!! Dear god this is like trying to teach a person to find the corner of a round room. Why oh why can you not put these 3 simple words under your playlist info. ALL DLC REQUIRED! You would make EVERY gamer happy while you make mad money off of everyone buying the DLC. Its a win win situation.

It wouldn’t make me happy, and I OWN all the DLC.

> You would make EVERY gamer happy while you make mad money off of everyone buying the DLC. Its a win win situation.

Except those it would piss off. Like those that DON’T own DLC, can’t afford it, etc. So really what you mean to say is that it would make YOU happy.

I agree. Require them, but make them free. Halo 4 is coming out soon.

> WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID 343!!! Dear god this is like trying to teach a person to find the corner of a round room. Why oh why can you not put these 3 simple words under your playlist info. ALL DLC REQUIRED! You would make <mark>EVERY</mark> gamer happy while you make mad money off of everyone buying the DLC. Its a win win situation.

What about those who don’t want the maps?
What about those who can’t afford the maps?

Are they supposed to suffer because of your stupid logic?

> I agree. Require them, but make them free. Halo 4 is coming out soon.

They have achievements. They’ll never be free.

1- Microsoft does not allow you to block out day 1 achievements by forcing a DLC purchase. This is why Lone Wolves does not require DLC.
2- Reach’s map packs sold poorly. Forcing them all would just hurt the already-low population of this game further
3- There is no way to get all the map packs on a single disc, like Halo 2’s map pack installation disc, or Halo 3 Mythic.

Well even if the maps were forced onto all gametypes, i still would not pay since its kinda just paying to play halo.

> 1- Microsoft does not allow you to block out day 1 achievements by forcing a DLC purchase. This is why Lone Wolves does not require DLC.
> 2- Reach’s map packs sold poorly. Forcing them all would just hurt the already-low population of this game further
> 3- There is no way to get all the map packs on a single disc, like Halo 2’s map pack installation disc, or Halo 3 Mythic.

So make everything but Rumble Pit, Grifball, and Team Objective DLC required. These 3 playlist would be more than enough to cover the Day 1 achievement list for Reach. It would also allow everyone else to get the achievements they paid for.

Right now you’re right, it would hurt the population. Once Halo 4 comes out, I wouldn’t have any problems with it. Reach is gonna be a ghost town starting the night of Nov 5th. Most people who still play it afterwards will be the diehards reach fans who probably have all DLC anyway.

There’s really no need to pack the maps on a disc anymore. Sure it’s convenient, but it would be far easier and much more cost-effective to just bundle them together as a download. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Reach DLC get a big price cut after Halo 4 drops.

> > 1- Microsoft does not allow you to block out day 1 achievements by forcing a DLC purchase. This is why Lone Wolves does not require DLC.
> > 2- Reach’s map packs sold poorly. Forcing them all would just hurt the already-low population of this game further
> > 3- There is no way to get all the map packs on a single disc, like Halo 2’s map pack installation disc, or Halo 3 Mythic.
>
> So make everything but Rumble Pit, Grifball, and Team Objective DLC required. These 3 playlist would be more than enough to cover the Day 1 achievement list for Reach. It would also allow everyone else to get the achievements they paid for.
>
> Right now you’re right, it would hurt the population. Once Halo 4 comes out, I wouldn’t have any problems with it. Reach is gonna be a ghost town starting the night of Nov 5th. Most people who still play it afterwards will be the diehards reach fans who probably have all DLC anyway.
>
> There’s really no need to pack the maps on a disc anymore. Sure it’s convenient, but it would be far easier and much more cost-effective to just bundle them together as a download. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Reach DLC get a big price cut after Halo 4 drops.

Let’s not forget Invasion for the Skunked & Be my wingtime anytime achievement, any of the Firefight playlists (Score Attack or Firefight) for the Score Attack achievement.

Come tuesday DLC should be Required for the EVOLVED PLAYLIST and only that playlist –

Its been long enough

> >
>
> Let’s not forget Invasion for the Skunked & Be my wingtime anytime achievement, any of the Firefight playlists (Score Attack or Firefight) for the Score Attack achievement.

I did forget about them. But Invasion only has one DLC map, and Firefight is 4 players max, so I see DLC pretty often there. Can you blame me?

Seems like a waste to purchase all that DLC for it to not even show up in games because only 1 person can’t afford it. Seems we’re getting side-stepped and they’re fine with it.

And who said it’s not possible to fit all maps on a single disk?

Anniversary map pack - 1.3gig

Noble map pack - 393mb

Defiant map pack - 692.

Total = 2.3gig.

With a disc being more then 7.5gig in size I’m sure they could fit them onto the remaining 5.1gig.

(But as we all know oh-so well. They don’t give a damn about this game any more.)

> So make everything but Rumble Pit, Grifball, and Team Objective DLC required. These 3 playlist would be more than enough to cover the Day 1 achievement list for Reach. It would also allow everyone else to get the achievements they paid for.

The populations of other playlists will suffer greatly for it. There was a glitch in BTB during the Heavies update where it required DLC by accident. The usual healthy population plummeted for that hour or so when players lacking DLC couldn’t play.

> Right now you’re right, it would hurt the population. Once Halo 4 comes out, I wouldn’t have any problems with it. Reach is gonna be a ghost town starting the night of Nov 5th. Most people who still play it afterwards will be the diehards reach fans who probably have all DLC anyway.

You’re basing that under the assumption that everyone can get Halo Reach right away, and that all of those players who cannot/don’t want to get Halo 4 can also afford all the map packs. Especially with Anniversary being a 1200 MSP purchase. It is a bit to big to swallow all at once for many.

> There’s really no need to pack the maps on a disc anymore. Sure it’s convenient, but it would be far easier and much more cost-effective to just bundle them together as a download. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Reach DLC get a big price cut after Halo 4 drops.

What I meant is that after ODST was released, Bungie stated that the majority of those on Halo 3 were using the Mythic disk. This allowed for more playlists to be DLC-required. Another factor is that not every player has a hard drive for their Xbox. The entry-level Xbox being only 4GB of onboard memory.

I’d like a playlist where all DLC is required but there isn’t only DLC maps in it. So you’ll always get matched against ppl with DLC and you don’t have to change playlist if you want to play some DLC or standard maps.

I somewhat agree, there is only one game type devoted to all the dlc packs which is pretty crappy.

I bought the game and I shouldn’t have to pay to keep playing multiplayer. I already paid 60 bucks for the game + I’m paying for Xbox Live. Why would you want Microsoft to take my money?