All DLC Playlist

Will it happen? I paid for nothing, I can’t even play the Crimson or Castle map packs :frowning:

I think the problem comes with the maps being different sized. So like Crimson does best with 4v4, while Castle is best done with a 8v8, and Majestic with 5v5 or 6v6.

As you likely know, we are currently offering Majestic DLC as our featured DLC playlist. In addition to this, DLC can be found across the majority of all other playlists (and is heavily weighted in the voting options). We will continue to rotate the DLC offerings in our featured DLC playlist (Crimson and Castle maps), as well as new playlists, to offer the most variety and availability of Halo 4 DLC.

> As you likely know, we are currently offering Majestic DLC as our featured DLC playlist. In addition to this, DLC can be found across the majority of all other playlists (and is heavily weighted in the voting options). We will continue to rotate the DLC offerings in our featured DLC playlist (Crimson and Castle maps), as well as new playlists, to offer the most variety and availability of Halo 4 DLC.

Bravo, since Majestic is featured now in DLC Playlist, do you think Castle Maps; Perdition, Outcast, and Daybreak (Not sure about this one) make a good BTB maps. Reason i asked is b/c the map is pretty big especially the vehicles on there.

Any chance of adding a “None of the Above” option to the voting system? There are maps that appear far too frequently in the voting selection.

> As you likely know, we are currently offering Majestic DLC as our featured DLC playlist. In addition to this, DLC can be found across the majority of all other playlists (and is heavily weighted in the voting options). We will continue to rotate the DLC offerings in our featured DLC playlist (Crimson and Castle maps), as well as new playlists, to offer the most variety and availability of Halo 4 DLC.

When is the next rotation? I would like to play the Crimson and Castle map packs :slight_smile:

Have never played Crimson or Castle maps before, can’t find them in mm, this is getting upsetting.

I have all the DLC.

But will we ever see playlist where DLC is required like Halo 2/ Halo 3.

This was great. and did force people to purchase DLC if they wanted to play all the game types.

It be even better if some of the DLC for made free or the price reduced to allow more people the chance to purchase it that couldn’t normally afford it.

If everyone had DLC, Match Making would be so much better because there is more variety in maps to choose from.

Halo DLC Maps have always been great maps, and Halo 4 DLC is no different.

> Have never played Crimson or Castle maps before, can’t find them in mm, this is getting upsetting.

Yep, This was an issue with halo REACH as well. Rarely found a game with DLC.

DLC was never a problem with Halo 2 and Halo 3. Everyone had it. And also most play list required it.

Don’t know why Required DLC is not used for REACH and Halo 4.

C’mon people it is only a few dollars and if everyone has it, match making just becomes so much better.

Yes I would also like to know when the DLC playlist rotation is going to happen.

> Yes I would also like to know when the DLC playlist rotation is going to happen.

Expect that in 4 to 6 weeks. They have to test everything for that long even though it’s already been played. They have a busy schedual, travel, H5, Spartan whatever… leaves very little time for the game they have out there…

Dude, the DLC playlist is a ghost town and I can count how many times I’ve found DLC maps in infinity slayer in the last month using just my ten fingers… And I play about 3 hours averagely a day.

> > Have never played Crimson or Castle maps before, can’t find them in mm, this is getting upsetting.
>
> Yep, This was an issue with halo REACH as well. Rarely found a game with DLC.
>
> DLC was never a problem with Halo 2 and Halo 3. Everyone had it. And also most play list required it.
>
> Don’t know why Required DLC is not used for REACH and Halo 4.
>
> C’mon people it is only a few dollars and if everyone has it, match making just becomes so much better.

Maybe some people just don’t want the maps? Have you ever thought that they simply aren’t fans of the DLC offering? I wouldn’t have bought Castle or Crimson if I didn’t already have the map pass because the last thing the game needed was more big maps.

Forcing people to buy the DLC doesn’t always work and it only worked in Halo 3 well because they included the Mythic disc with Halo 3: ODST, which a lot of people started playing off. Both Halo: Reach & Halo 4 didn’t have anything like this and both games also had low populations by the time all the DLC came out, meaning you aren’t encouraging people to buy it, you’re just encouraging them to stop playing in those playlists which require it.

Here’s an example, after a Matchmaking update for Halo: Reach which added Big Team Heavies to Big Team Battle, they accidentally made the entire playlist DLC required and the population dropped from around 4-5000 players, to around 2000 players. It stayed like that until they removed the accidental restriction to which it jumped back to 4-5000 players again.

An all-DLC playlist wouldn’t really work. You have Crimson which is mostly BTB, and Castle that can comfortably play 6v6-8v8. But then you have Majestic, which is a strict 4v4/2v2 map pack. The maps just simply wouldn’t work well all piled into a single playlist, and the game’s population is not high enough to feature 3 separate playlists for a DLC that is unpopular to begin with.

Okay, so they obviously don’t work all in one playlist but when is the rotation going to happen?

> Okay, so they obviously don’t work all in one playlist but when is the rotation going to happen?

I believe it is monthly.

> > Okay, so they obviously don’t work all in one playlist but when is the rotation going to happen?
>
> I believe it is monthly.

When was the last one? At the very start of June? Since I haven’t played in 7 months until about a week ago so I don’t know. Does that mean that it will rotate at the start of July? :slight_smile:

Bravo, as always, thanks for the feedback.

Next time the powers that be have a meeting, tell 'em about some rogue on the forums who suggested that DLC maps should be free. You might make money off of 'em but all they really do is fragment the population and prompt a million of these threads. If maps were standard across every Halo player then you might see a lot more players hanging around. There has to be a way to make that business model work for Halo 5…

> > > Okay, so they obviously don’t work all in one playlist but when is the rotation going to happen?
> >
> > I believe it is monthly.
>
> When was the last one? At the very start of June? Since I haven’t played in 7 months until about a week ago so I don’t know. Does that mean that it will rotate at the start of July? :slight_smile:

Well the Castle DLC playlist was there up until they added the Majestic DLC one about three weeks ago IIRC.
We should see a switch in about two weeks.

Considering it wasn’t mentioned in the change list, it isn’t going to change in Monday’s update but likely in two weeks when they do another War Games update.

> > > > Okay, so they obviously don’t work all in one playlist but when is the rotation going to happen?
> > >
> > > I believe it is monthly.
> >
> > When was the last one? At the very start of June? Since I haven’t played in 7 months until about a week ago so I don’t know. Does that mean that it will rotate at the start of July? :slight_smile:
>
> Well the Castle DLC playlist was there up until they added the Majestic DLC one about three weeks ago IIRC.
> We should see a switch in about two weeks.
>
> Considering it wasn’t mentioned in the change list, it isn’t going to change in Monday’s update but likely in two weeks when they do another War Games update.

Okay, thanks, I hope so. Looking forward to it.