Halo 5: 4 Shots

DMR
Halo 4: 5 Shots
Halo 5: 5 Shots

ASSAULT RIFLE
Halo CE: 15 Rounds
Halo 3: 16 Rounds
Halo 4: 14 Rounds
Halo 5: 16ish Rounds (Less spread giving it further range)

SMG
Halo 2: 16 Rounds (Also Dual Wieldable)
Halo 3: 23 Rounds (Also Dual Wieldable)
Halo 5: 20+ (Higher ROF)

PISTOL
Halo CE: 3 Shot
Halo 2: 13 Shot…that thing was terrible, (but…Dual Wieldable)
Halo 3: 5 Shot (Dual Wieldable)
Halo 4: 6 Shot
Halo 5: 5 Shot

MELEE
All 2x Melee for kills
Halo 2: 3 Shots BR, 9 Shots Pistol, 7 SMG Rounds then melee kills.
Halo 3: 2 Shots BR, 2 Shots Pistol, 4 AR ROUNDS AND MELEE KILLS! 4 SMG ROUNDS AND MELEE KILLS! .
Halo 4: 2 Shots BR, 3 Shots Pistol, 6 AR Rounds, 3 DMR Rounds then melee kills.
Halo 5: IDK the minimum, but it’s pretty obvious that melee is MUCH weaker in Halo 5 than 3. Even feels less than 2.

GRENADES
Hard to determine but all of them are roughly 2x Frag at about 5 feet away. Halo 5 has a slightly larger blast radius to compensate for the thruster packs.

Halo CE: 4x Frag, 4x Plasma
Halo 2: 4x Frag, 4x Plasma (Spam fest)
Halo 3: 2x Frag, 2x Plasma, 2x Spike, 2x Fire (I don’t recall fire & spike ever being on the same map though)
Halo 4: 2x Frag, 2x Plasma, 2x Pulse
Halo 5: 2x Frag, 2x Plasma, ??? (Delay on grenade pickup)

HALO CE ALSO HAS HEALTH MEANING MANY KILLS CAN COME MUCH QUICKER!
So, it’s pretty clear that people freaking out over Halo 5’s time to kill have been overreacting over something that doesn’t really exist. I think this is simply because the full autos feel better and the AR and SMG have improved, creating BALANCE so that precision weapons are not all powerful dominant in EVERY situation (I’m talking to you BR).

This could also be due to the fact that movement capabilities have increased, making the entire game FEEL faster, when the TTK hasn’t really decreased overall.

All you did was list the shots to kill…

Do you not understand what TTK is?

It’s not the amount of bullets, but how fast your gun fires. But I have only noticed that the SMG has a crazy fast kill time.

the Rof of each weapon is much higher.
also is the pistol 5sk in h 5? it should be 6sk like in halo 4, it was perfect like that. not op. not up

Yes, I understand that. But in testing these, I found no significant differences in ROF (a little bit in SMG) which is the only thing that would increase time to kill. Spread means you have better accuracy at a distance. AR has less spread yeah. Pistol accuracy seem pretty identical in all. BR has more spread in Halo 3. What else do you want?

This is also an observation that I made. It seems to be only a misconception of perception that allows us to believe the time to kill is lower, although it very well may be indeed. It is the exact same for the movement speed. It’s possible that we just believe the gameplay to be faster due to confrontation being quicker from the time you spawn. If you are in the action, personally I feel as though it actually requires a higher pace of thinking to play the original Halos, since you were limited in your ability to move quickly and therefore had to make faster decisions. What I want to commend you on is that you also see the drastic changes that were made between previous Halo titles, and how significantly they impact things like TTK, the amount of grenades you can carry, etc, and that these changes are not as new as some think.

> 2533274916931464;4:
> the Rof of each weapon is much higher.
> also is the pistol 5sk in h 5? it should be 6sk like in halo 4, it was perfect like that. not op. not up

Well, I’m pretty sure it’s 5. I got killed and in kill cam I counted 5 shots. Unless I was already hurt at all or missed a shot then it’s a 5. Last shot head shot of course. It’s funny though, from what I’ve seen people actually like the pistol the most in Halo 5. It has a purpose now. The weapons have been balanced great. (for the most part)

This is actually one of the things that I dislike about the game. TTK needs to be increased.

> 2533274832164719;3:
> It’s not the amount of bullets, but how fast your gun fires. But I have only noticed that the SMG has a crazy fast kill time.

That is part of the equation as well, but going through the games I didn’t notice any significant difference in anything but the SMG when speaking about ROF. Even that is partially negated by the fact that you can dual wield in both Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Spread has some affect as well, but that is more the effective range that the weapons will hit these bullets on target. AR seems to have less spread in Halo 5, but I think it is needed to give precision weapons SOME competition, otherwise there is no point to using anything else. Interesting enough, the BR actually got nerfed by increased spread in Halo 3, and that is something haters hated in Halo 3.

And speaking of ROF, the sniper rifle fires slower in 5 and people want that bumped up.

It seems people don’t know what they want.

I think the best solution would be a slight increase in HEALTH, not shields. This way, the BR/DMR would still have a better edge than the AR at mid-range, because they could still 4 shot (3 shields, 1 headshot) and reward headshots even more. But this would increase AR kill time a little but it would still be capable of hitting target and descoping at that range giving them a chance. The SMG would increase kill time while maintaining it’s ROF and spread that I think balances well with the AR, giving them different purposes.

I found this chart to be true, I done some testing and with the weapons and how long it takes to kill someone. I think because of the faster gameplay it makes the allsions that kill times are faster but in reality there just the same or close to the same. Also lets not forget that 85% of the time you probably killed them when there shields were charging or a teammate weaken him down. A lot of my kills were from people who had low to mid amount of shields.

Though I think the fire rate on the pistol is to fast, the AR doesn’t have enough spread and same with the smg.

> 2533274832164719;3:
> It’s not the amount of bullets, but how fast your gun fires. But I have only noticed that the SMG has a crazy fast kill time.

No, the OP is correct, when you talk about TTK it means the number of bullet it takes to kill someone. A 3 burst BR is going to have the same rate of fire in any game, same for DMR, AR and possibly even the SMG.

People have been complaining it takes as many bullets to kill in Halo 5 as it does in CoD, this debunks it.

> 2533274873910058;11:
> > 2533274832164719;3:
> > It’s not the amount of bullets, but how fast your gun fires. But I have only noticed that the SMG has a crazy fast kill time.
>
>
> No, the OP is correct, when you talk about TTK it means the number of bullet it takes to kill someone. A 3 burst BR is going to have the same rate of fire in any game, same for DMR, AR and possibly even the SMG.
>
> People have been complaining it takes as many bullets to kill in Halo 5 as it does in CoD, this debunks it.

TTK stands for Time to Kill.

It is objective fact that it differs between titles. Halo 2 and Halo 3 have the same shots to kill but not the same killtime, and the Halo 4 has a faster DMR than Halo Reach.

Faster kill times is good.

Why is anyone complaining about it?

Did you people not play H3 and Reach? The kill times were so slow in comparison to HCE and H2.

> 2533274873910058;11:
> > 2533274832164719;3:
> > It’s not the amount of bullets, but how fast your gun fires. But I have only noticed that the SMG has a crazy fast kill time.
>
>
> No, the OP is correct, when you talk about TTK it means the number of bullet it takes to kill someone. A 3 burst BR is going to have the same rate of fire in any game, same for DMR, AR and possibly even the SMG.
>
> People have been complaining it takes as many bullets to kill in Halo 5 as it does in CoD, this debunks it.

Lol what?

The BR has had a different ROF in every single halo game.

Thats why i think everything needs a rof nerf

> 2535441634768829;13:
> Faster kill times is good.
>
> Why is anyone complaining about it?
>
> Did you people not play H3 and Reach? The kill times were so slow in comparison to HCE and H2.
> Because halo 5 has the fastet average kill time of all halo games but also the slowest strafe. Writing this on the mobile and this website wouldnt allow me to post below the quote.

> 2533274866409577;5:
> Yes, I understand that. But in testing these, I found no significant differences in ROF (a little bit in SMG) which is the only thing that would increase time to kill. Spread means you have better accuracy at a distance. AR has less spread yeah. Pistol accuracy seem pretty identical in all. BR has more spread in Halo 3. What else do you want?

Frame count? Stopwatch time comparisons?

> 2533274873910058;11:
> > 2533274832164719;3:
>
>
>
>
>
> No. TTK means time to kill, and halo 4 has the fastet kill times of any halo game.The only weapon i can think of that kills faster is the ce pistol and instant kill weapons.

> 2535441634768829;13:
> Faster kill times is good.
>
> Why is anyone complaining about it?
>
> Did you people not play H3 and Reach? The kill times were so slow in comparison to HCE and H2.

How in anyway, are they good for a game like Halo? You see, the game is a bit of a hipster amongst the other shooters, but not in the bad way. And long kill times is one of the things that made the game great, as it relied on strategy and skill to kill people, rather than who shot first.

> 2533274798774028;17:
> > 2533274866409577;5:
> > Yes, I understand that. But in testing these, I found no significant differences in ROF (a little bit in SMG) which is the only thing that would increase time to kill. Spread means you have better accuracy at a distance. AR has less spread yeah. Pistol accuracy seem pretty identical in all. BR has more spread in Halo 3. What else do you want?
>
>
> Frame count? Stopwatch time comparisons?

Haha. Be my guest.