All about automatics

Hi everyone, so I want to talk about automatics. the three that you can start with that is, the assault rifle, storm rifle, and suppressor. Since the weapon tuning there has rarely been a game I have not used an automatic and I have been working hard to master technique and strategy of these guns. I have found success, and I would like to share some tips and thoughts regarding automatics while attempting to encourage more people to use them; I know they are difficult to use and require lots of practice but I assure you will be well rewarded if you do get comfortable with them and hopefully this will help.

So the first thing everyone should know about is how the aim assist on the automatics was reduced by 50%. this DRAMATICALLY spiked the skill gap on automatics, requiring users to be well practiced with them in order to do well. They are more deadly though if one is.

So the whole mentality on how to aim with automatics has changed. you don’t simply jog at someone firing, using the right thumb stick to correct your aim as you go. that simply doesn’t fly anymore. you will miss, over and under compensate frequently, and find nothing but frustration. Now, you aim using the left thumb stick. Wait what? what the heck is he talking about?! you need to mirror the movements of your target. if he is moving to the right, you need to strafe to the right with him and keep your reticule on him in that manner. let your aim naturally flow off the movements of your strafing and left thumb stick. all the right thumb stick is for now is making sure your aim is level on his chest and fine tuning. This is also good because it encourages you to strafe, you need to otherwise it is very easy to catch a four shot. this is not easy to master I will say that now. If you do though you will be so much happier using an automatic nowadays.

As with tactics you also need strategy, so now I am going to move onto some of that. The whole idea behind automatics is that you can gain an advantage if you engage at close range. However, it is critical that you DO THIS WITHOUT TAKING ANY PRIOR SHOTS. I will cap that because I want that message to sink in. if you do take a shot or two before getting into effective range, the battle is lost, simply attempt to escape with your life. so how do you do this tricky task of getting close range while full shields? Well there are a number of tools at your disposal thankfully.

Crouching: you need to sneak around a lot to get the jump on people with automatics, so crouching is a good idea. try to hang around areas that lots of enemies are likely to show up, like in ring three on abandoned. don’t just crouch anywhere, do it in a smart spot. another thing if you spot an enemy in the distance and his back or side is to you, see if you can sprint up on him quickly before he can react.

Sensor: this is one of my favorites with autos. people will pop up on your radar before you do on theirs, and learn exactly when you show up on theirs and begin sneaking before that moment (right in the middle of a sensor radar is the edge of a normal radar) its easy to set up some great ambushes this way.

promethean vision: good for making sure your aim is right on point on his chest the second you round a corner anticipating an engagement. it will also give you a heads up if he grenades that corner trying to clip you before the fight starts.

stealth: if more than one enemy is using promethean vision, get this. your sneaking efforts will be foiled otherwise.

hologram: great for tricking enemies close range and getting the jump. send in the hologram first then follow right behind it.

jetpack: great on levels with lots of elevation change that can be abused. particularly good on abandoned.

mix it up: if you are sneaking around a lot enemies may catch on to that and start being more cautious. if they are try suddenly getting aggressive and charge at them auto blazing. chances are you will surprise them. be unpredictable.

Well that’s about all I got for now. thanks for reading I hope it helped.

Pretty nice writeup. I love my AR, first gun to master in 4. However, the damn BR is still a small hair OP.

Reduce the RoF on it (it’ll still excel in mid range as intended) and we’re golden.

I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.

> I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.

I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.

> > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
>
> I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.

not if they are using promethean vision

> > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
>
> I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.

It doesn’t “take you off motion sensor”, not moving or moving very slow within the right options prevents you from showing up.

> > > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
> >
> > I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.
>
> It doesn’t “take you off motion sensor”, not moving or moving very slow within the right options prevents you from showing up.

you are simply wrong, it does indeed “take you off motion sensor”

> > > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
> >
> > I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.
>
> not if they are using promethean vision

I guess so. so what did you think of the automatic tips?

oh yes other than the crouching thing good job sir! good read.

Thruster Pack? Good for closing the gap or dodging some of the enemy fire.

> oh yes other than the crouching thing good job sir! good read.

about the promethean thing, sometimes what ill do if people are using it a lot is just stand there not moving staring at a wall when I know i’m being scanned. people know immediately what is going on when they see someone crouching but if they see this they often are a bit confused, mistaking me as afk or just a hologram, but really I’m just waiting for them to get closer then snap into action.

> > > > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
> > >
> > > I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.
> >
> > It doesn’t “take you off motion sensor”, not moving or moving very slow within the right options prevents you from showing up.
>
> you are simply wrong, it does indeed “take you off motion sensor”

So you’re saying if I stand completely still, I’ll still remain on someones radar until I crouch?

> > > > > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.
> > >
> > > It doesn’t “take you off motion sensor”, not moving or moving very slow within the right options prevents you from showing up.
> >
> > you are simply wrong, it does indeed “take you off motion sensor”
>
> So you’re saying if I stand completely still, I’ll still remain on someones radar until I crouch?

that’s not what im saying. im saying you will never show up on radar if you are crouching, nor will you if you stand still or walk slowly.

> > > > > > I could write arguments against all points, but I will at this moment stick with crouching. It doesn’t make any kind of difference as it did in Reach so there’s no real point in doing it.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m not sure what you mean, how is there no point to crouching? It takes you off motion sensor and allows you an opportunity to ambush someone.
> > > >
> > > > It doesn’t “take you off motion sensor”, not moving or moving very slow within the right options prevents you from showing up.
> > >
> > > you are simply wrong, it does indeed “take you off motion sensor”
> >
> > So you’re saying if I stand completely still, I’ll still remain on someones radar until I crouch?
>
> that’s not what im saying. im saying you will never show up on radar if you are crouching, nor will you if you stand still or walk slowly.

I can easily prove you wrong by simply changing the options.

Im sorry but I am not a fan of the hole “camp behind a corner with assault riffle”
The Assault Riffle is so easy to use, just look at the enemy and hold the trigger, the auto aim is alredy extremly high. (I played Halo 3 yesterday and it was so much harder to aim) And with the other two weapons you can maybe master their commendations, but you can never compete with them. I am just laughing at the people with suppressor cause they go negative 30 against me.

I am just saying, if you dont wanna get destroyed in Halo 4s multyplayer by good people, then lear to use the BR, DMR or carbine.

(and if you are crouch up/down on some stairs or ramps you will appear on the radar, like the stairs from reachs countdown or the dark ramp on abandon.)

Otherwise, nice post op.

You shouldn’t encourage people to use a weapon that would put them at a disadvantage. People may use it as a secondary weapon though.

>

I don’t understand either Neo Kaiser. May you elaborate?

The assault rifle is one of the easiest guns to use. It has a bit too much range. I think maybe it should get a bit of a range nerf. The Suppressor, however needs it’s pre-patch magnetism back.

> >
>
> I don’t understand either Neo Kaiser. May you elaborate?

In the crouching section, Shooting Sammy is telling us to basically camp. Neo Kaiser 0 is saying that there is no point to crouching if you are essentially not moving, as you are camping. Not to mention PV

Every time you’re are crouching and sneaking around you’re wasting a lot of time. You’re not contributing to the team, most likely someone on your team is in a 2v1 situation because of your actions. Even if you get the kill it’s not worth the 20-30 seconds you had to waste to get the jump on the enemy.

You should be moving around the map and getting into as many fights as possible. Putting shots on every enemy you see. The more attention you draw to yourself, the easier it will be for your team mates. This is accomplished much easier with a precision weapon. With a BR if you put just 1 shot across the map on an enemy fighting a team mate, you have just changed the course of that battle. Can your AR do that?