Airborne Snapshot Glitch

I’m unsure if this is the appropriate place to post this in order to get 343’s attention but it’s recently came to light that there is a glitch involving auto stabilizing in order to get a free airborne snapshot using the sniper rifle. There are specific players running rampant throughout the game abusing the glitch, none of which even bother denying it. I would like to know if 343 is even aware of this and if they plan on doing something about it considering we have still over a year before the move to halo: infinite. I can provide video evidence, gamer tags of players abusing it, and admittance from the players that they are using it. I truly hope this is something that will be taken care of as I imagine team snipers will rotate back as a ranked playlist next season as well.

Not sure I understand. So players are getting airborne snapshots by simply stabilizing? From what I understand, it doesn’t seem like it’s anything game-breaking.

If players have an unconventional way of getting a medal without manipulating the game (eg, using aimbots or somehow increasing the sniper’s reticle size), I don’t see a problem with it. They’re still using skill to get a kill with a sniper.

The way it works is they jump in the air, auto stabilize for a split second and unscope all at once and they get an automatic headshot kill which using the sniper results in an airborne snapshot. I’ve watched them kill an entire team by doing it and save themselves from dying by using it as a last ditch effort. I just can’t imagine it was intended to be used this way so that’s why I’m reporting it as a glitch. In my eyes it basically is an Aimbot. I’m finally just tired of seeing the players abusing it because I almost lost a game where the two of them combined to have over 30 airborne snapshot kills.

> 2533274913827775;3:
> The way it works is they jump in the air, auto stabilize for a split second and unscope all at once and they get an automatic headshot kill which using the sniper results in an airborne snapshot. I’ve watched them kill an entire team by doing it and save themselves from dying by using it as a last ditch effort. I just can’t imagine it was intended to be used this way so that’s why I’m reporting it as a glitch. In my eyes it basically is an Aimbot. I’m finally just tired of seeing the players abusing it because I almost lost a game where the two of them combined to have over 30 airborne snapshot kills.

So it sounds like what you’re describing is a potential issue with the medal’s reward conditions and not an issue with the weapon itself. Sounds like the Airborne Snapshot medal is popping up a split second after someone descopes. I’ve had that happen to me as well, though I can’t say I was attempting to do it. So sure, maybe they shouldn’t be getting so many medals, but the medals themselves are not getting them kills. They are still using skill to aim across the map, descope, and then fire, not hacking the game.

You can replicate what they are doing with a friend in a custom game. Have your friend stand a fair distance away and then try to simply no-scope them. Make sure he/she is not moving. It’s not the easiest thing. Now, zoom in on their head. You have a pin-point location of where you should be aiming when you descope to get a no-scope kill since your reticle doesn’t move when you descope. If you move your reticle a bit, you don’t get that headshot. Throw in a quick jump and stabilize into the mix and you have exactly what these players did in those matches. Does that sort of describe the situation?

I may not be describing this as well as I could since we seem to be on two different pages here. I’ve had the same thing happen but what these players are doing is effectively auto stabilizing, without aiming for a headshot at all, and unscoping and receiving an automatic headshot kill. It just happens to be an airborne snapshot which is why I’ve been describing it as a glitch but they are indeed using it to get ahead in the game.

> 2533274913827775;5:
> I may not be describing this as well as I could since we seem to be on two different pages here. I’ve had the same thing happen but what these players are doing is effectively auto stabilizing, without aiming for a headshot at all, and unscoping and receiving an automatic headshot kill. It just happens to be an airborne snapshot which is why I’ve been describing it as a glitch but they are indeed using it to get ahead in the game.

I think the main thing that doesn’t make sense is that you’re saying they get an automatic headshot kill. Are you saying if I jump in the air, stabilize, then descope and shoot I’ll always get a headshot? If so, that’s a glitch, but I doubt that’s what’s happening. It seems more likely that they’re just trying to see who can get the most snapshot kills and this is an easy way to get them.

Most airborne snapshots I get are me aiming at someone while stabilizing, and then right before I pull the trigger, they hit me with a round. It happens so fast because it happens right when I make the shot, but I get the medal anyways. It’s not a glitch or anything and they still have to aim, but the issue would be the bullet magnetism at that point, as that can potentially “curve” the bullet to their head when de-scoped (it’s why when legit trying to no-scope, I don’t fire when they’re head is in the reticle but more when their head is touching it).

But I don’t do this personally so I’m just guessing on things that make the most sense to me, so take my post as you will.

This is a clip provided as an example of what people are doing. The kill using it is at the end.

> 2533274913827775;8:
> OM3GA SNIPZ's Xbox Halo 5: Guardians clip 78557763. Find your Xbox clips on GamerDVR.com
>
> This is a clip provided as an example of what people are doing. The kill using it is at the end.

This guy is one of my friends, he didn’t stabilize e used ground pound. I don’t know if this is from theater but, if it isn’t you can see the bullet line from the sniper clearly hits the other guy’s head. So, it looks more like a bullet magnetism issues.

> 2533275001522797;9:
> > 2533274913827775;8:
> > OM3GA SNIPZ's Xbox Halo 5: Guardians clip 78557763. Find your Xbox clips on GamerDVR.com
> >
> > This is a clip provided as an example of what people are doing. The kill using it is at the end.
>
> This guy is one of my friends, he didn’t stabilize e used ground pound. I don’t know if this is from theater but, if it isn’t you can see the bullet line from the sniper clearly hits the other guy’s head. So, it looks more like a bullet magnetism issues.

I run with omega every day. He clipped this specifically for me and said I could post this here. It seems you can do it while both ground pounding and stabilizing. I can most likely have him take another clip of him doing it using auto stabilization but even he acknowledges that he used the glitch there. I hate to get to the point where I have to tell everyone that I’m right and you’re wrong but that’s just what it is now. I know I wasn’t the best person to try to bring this to peoples attention since I haven’t actually done it myself, but I just thought it should be put out there for 343 to actually do something if it was at all possible.