Airassination Medal Bugged?

I was wondering if the Airassination medal was bugged because I’m sure I’ve gotten multiple and it only has gave me the regular assassination medal. Earlier today I did an airassination in a custom game and it didn’t give me the medal in the carnage report, so that made me think, is it bugged for just custom games or all gamemodes? I checked and sure enough I don’t have a single airassination but I have 400+ assassinations, I’d say maybe 30-40 of those should be airassinations. How many do y’all have in your medal collection, I apparently don’t have any. I’m not sure if this is a common bug but I’ll just throw it out there.

Any medals earned in Custom Games do not get counted towards your service record because you weren’t in matchmaking (Arena or Warzone) at the time. That’s why the Airsassination medal isn’t showing up.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> Any medals earned in Custom Games do not get counted towards your service record because you weren’t in matchmaking (Arena or Warzone) at the time. That’s why the Airsassination medal isn’t showing up.

I know that’s why I said I checked to see if it was bugged for all gamemodes. I’ll edit it in but I meant to say it didn’t show up in the carnage report in so I checked the other playlists to see if it was bugged too.

> 2535456353198696;1:
> so that made me think, is it bugged for just custom games or all gamemodes? I checked and sure enough I don’t have a single airassination but I have 400+ assassinations.

Let me reiterate things: anything in the way of kills, deaths, or medals counted in Custom Games will not count towards your service record. Your H5 service record keeps track of your progress in Arena and Warzone, but not Custom Games. They are completely different animals and will not affect each other whatsoever. Your game isn’t bugged; that’s how it’s always been.

Sorry bud, but you’ll have to go into Arena/Warzone to get your Airsassination medal. No Custom Games.

Its bugged in both Warzone and Arena.
You can get it sometimes and sometimes not.

> 2535429593088083;4:
> Let me reiterate things: anything in the way of kills, deaths, or medals counted in Custom Games will not count towards your service record. Your H5 service record keeps track of your progress in Arena and Warzone, but not Custom Games. They are completely different animals and will not affect each other whatsoever. Your game isn’t bugged; that’s how it’s always been.
>
> Sorry bud, but you’ll have to go into Arena/Warzone to get your Airsassination medal. No Custom Games.

Customs has its own section in the service record.

Airsassination seems kinda buggy either way, kinda like the sayonara medal.

> 2535429593088083;4:
> Let me reiterate things: anything in the way of kills, deaths, or medals counted in Custom Games will not count towards your service record. Your H5 service record keeps track of your progress in Arena and Warzone, but not Custom Games. They are completely different animals and will not affect each other whatsoever. Your game isn’t bugged; that’s how it’s always been.
>
> Sorry bud, but you’ll have to go into Arena/Warzone to get your Airsassination medal. No Custom Games.

OP isn’t trying to get Airsassination medals through Custom Games or anything. The OP was testing to see if the Airsassination medal appears at all. To do that, he went into Custom Games. Then, when he was done testing in a match, he checked the post-game carnage report to see if it was listed there. And it wasn’t.

> 2535437652903765;8:
> > 2535429593088083;4:
> > Let me reiterate things: anything in the way of kills, deaths, or medals counted in Custom Games will not count towards your service record. Your H5 service record keeps track of your progress in Arena and Warzone, but not Custom Games. They are completely different animals and will not affect each other whatsoever. Your game isn’t bugged; that’s how it’s always been.
> >
> > Sorry bud, but you’ll have to go into Arena/Warzone to get your Airsassination medal. No Custom Games.
>
> OP isn’t trying to get Airsassination medals through Custom Games or anything. The OP was testing to see if the Airsassination medal appears at all. To do that, he went into Custom Games. Then, when he was done testing in a match, he checked the post-game carnage report to see if it was listed there. And it wasn’t.

So glad someone could understand,because that other muppet has a peanut where a brain should be !!!

Just to be sure, are you sure you’ve jumped in the air before starting the assassination? Oftentimes, you’ll still do the Air Assassination (the animation for it, that is) if the victim is in the air, but if you started it from the ground, you’ll only be credited with a regular assassination. So that may be why you’re not getting the medal. If that’s not the case, you just may be on to something.

Yep I’m almost lvl 149 and I’ve definitely done it multiple times but don’t have one single medal for it

i have gotten each of the medals while playing (sayanara and airsassination) they are both tough to get even if you have met the requirements for the medal.

`I have received the Airassination medal twice in the last couple days for performing them. During game and in the PGCR.

Sayonara is still broken though. Haven’t received one in over a year despite meeting the criteria.

> 2535456353198696;1:
> I was wondering if the Airassination medal was bugged because I’m sure I’ve gotten multiple and it only has gave me the regular assassination medal. Earlier today I did an airassination in a custom game and it didn’t give me the medal in the carnage report, so that made me think, is it bugged for just custom games or all gamemodes? I checked and sure enough I don’t have a single airassination but I have 400+ assassinations, I’d say maybe 30-40 of those should be airassinations. How many do y’all have in your medal collection, I apparently don’t have any. I’m not sure if this is a common bug but I’ll just throw it out there.

The Airassassination medal has been buggy since Halo 4, so it seems 343i have tried to fix it, but still don’t have it just yet. In Halo 4, it would register more frequently, but still had the issue you were mentioning, plus sometimes when a player on the opposing team would die from an explosive hazard, it would reward the closest opposition an Airassassination.

Shoot your opponent and watch him run into a mine or fusion coil. It explodes, he dies from the explosion, and you hear “Airassassination!” and get the metal and you wouldn’t know why. I’m glad to see that this has at least been fixed in Halo 5, but the other issue has apparently become worse, so it apparently still needs a fix.

It’s because both of you must be airborne before hitting your melee button. Lunging into the air from the ground wont net it for you even if you end up in the air from the lunge and still end up doing the midair assassination. Also another caveat is that both of you must be coming from a jump from what I heard. You cant catch them from a fall such as walking off something.

> 2535408730995228;5:
> Its bugged in both Warzone and Arena.
> You can get it sometimes and sometimes not.

you need to jump and assassinate and you’ll get it every time.

> 2533274979619629;16:
> > 2535408730995228;5:
> > Its bugged in both Warzone and Arena.
> > You can get it sometimes and sometimes not.
>
> you need to jump and assassinate and you’ll get it every time.

The problem I have is,that even if I and the victim are in the air,I wont get the medal,only the animation.