Air is overpowered or is it just me?

Yeah, so in my last game I saw my opponent was massing a full population of air units. So I started producing a good number of warthogs and wolverines, but they really didn’t do much. In fact they got absolutely slaughtered. Wasn’t even a real fight. I mean, I didn’t have turrents at my base so I’m sure that was a contributing factor. But still, shouldn’t anti air be like, super effective against air??

This always ends up happening too. I’m completely defenceless if my opponent masses air units. The only way I manage to fight back is by massing air myself.

Just you.

EDIT: Sentinels are a little OP.

Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.

> 2533274907965798;3:
> Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.

Well I was up against Anders

> 2533274869891714;2:
> Just you.

Then how do I counter them?

> 2535451625137104;4:
> > 2533274907965798;3:
> > Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> > Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.
>
> Well I was up against Anders

She can upgrade her air units cheaper right off the bat as her first leader point. Otherwise it would take other players longer to get their air to have an advantage. Throw in an ultimate unit that she can spawn out of thin air anywhere on the map, and you have an OP leader.

> 2533274907965798;6:
> > 2535451625137104;4:
> > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> > > Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.
> >
> > Well I was up against Anders
>
> She can upgrade her air units cheaper right off the bat as her first leader point. Otherwise it would take other players longer to get their air to have an advantage. Throw in an ultimate unit that she can spawn out of thin air anywhere on the map, and you have an OP leader.

Woww, then I’m going to rush every Anders player I see because I am not dealing with this nonsense.

> 2535451625137104;7:
> > 2533274907965798;6:
> > > 2535451625137104;4:
> > > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> > > > Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.
> > >
> > > Well I was up against Anders
> >
> > She can upgrade her air units cheaper right off the bat as her first leader point. Otherwise it would take other players longer to get their air to have an advantage. Throw in an ultimate unit that she can spawn out of thin air anywhere on the map, and you have an OP leader.
>
> Woww, then I’m going to rush every Anders player I see because I am not dealing with this nonsense.

Likewise, some Leaders are better at rushing. Don’t just rush with whichever leader you want, use either Forge, Colony, Atriox, or Arbiter. Serina is good too.

> 2535451625137104;5:
> > 2533274869891714;2:
> > Just you.
>
> Then how do I counter them?

For units,

-In the mid-game; indantry and AA.
-In the late-game; your own air and AA.

For tactics,

-AA has excellent range, use it
-Be mindful of positioning; where your units are and where the air is. Moreover, try to think where the enemy will attack next. Air’s biggest strength is its mobility, don’t allow your enemy to catch you out of position, because you will be punished for it.
-Split your AA to lessen the blow of Leader Powers and lower the effect of overkill.
-Scout. Scouting grants you the time to prepare.
-Play a heavier T1 game. If you apply pressure, early on, your opponent will be forced to play defence. Air doesn’t work on defence. Additionally, keep pressure up. Air is absolute trash in low numbers, use that to your advantage.
-Use AA Turrets (UNSC) and Shields/Cloaks (Banished) to slow down air that reaches your base.
-When defending your base from air attacks, split your AA around your base (ie don’t use all units). This will prevent your AA from getting kited.

Those are some pieces of advice that may help you.

Wow, even less than a week between air is OP topics this time.

You guys should step it up to a topic once a day so we really get to hear your ideas :slight_smile:

> 2533274924073601;10:
> Wow, even less than a week between air is OP topics this time.
>
> You guys should step it up to a topic once a day so we really get to hear your ideas :slight_smile:

Well it certainly seems overpowered. I’ve tried practically everything to no avail… Idk how you pros do it but for players like me its nigh impossible to defend against mass air. The fact I can’t go a single 3v3 match without at least one opponent spamming hornets/banshees makes most matches an infuriating experience.

> 2535451625137104;5:
> > 2533274869891714;2:
> > Just you.
>

Sadder joker here we go again :roll_eyes:.
You counter air by scouting after you scout it depends on the air units but to keep this simple if they build banshees or hornets then you build reaver/marauder or if unsc wolverines/warthog. I also suggest watch towers so you can see the air way before it reaches you. Last placement of your units. Keep them between the closest places your opponents could pop up.

> 2533274907965798;3:
> Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.

ToH Hornets hardly OP and Anders air not broken but Sentinels are when fully upgraded. Not sure about Arbiter being broken as he seems fine mostly where he is at.

Air is good on certain maps in 3s but there is so much broken stuff in 3s the game will be over before then.

seems T3 grunts dont deal with t3 air too well.

> 2535451625137104;5:
> > 2533274869891714;2:
> > Just you.
>

A lot of countering air boils down to timing. If you scout them out and see two apexes/air pads quickly switch to a vehicle composition. By having a mix of core vehicle and AA you should be able to counter the air before it reaches a critical mass. Additionally mixing in some core infantry should help.

You also need to know when to push. 6-10 air units MELT when faced against 10 other units. If you can consistently hit their base/minibases and whittle down their air units you’ll win the war of attrition,

> 2535451625137104;7:
> > 2533274907965798;6:
> > > 2535451625137104;4:
> > > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> > > > Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.
> > >
> > > Well I was up against Anders
> >
> > She can upgrade her air units cheaper right off the bat as her first leader point. Otherwise it would take other players longer to get their air to have an advantage. Throw in an ultimate unit that she can spawn out of thin air anywhere on the map, and you have an OP leader.
>
> Woww, then I’m going to rush every Anders player I see because I am not dealing with this nonsense.

the thing is that when you play against a good anders player, they can hold their own and make whatever army they want and drop the god sentinal thing on you. It’s kinda difficult to deal with.

> 2535422421305993;12:
> > 2535451625137104;5:
> > > 2533274869891714;2:
> > > Just you.
> >
> > Then how do I counter them?
>
> Sadder joker here we go again :roll_eyes:.
> You counter air by scouting after you scout it depends on the air units but to keep this simple if they build banshees or hornets then you build reaver/marauder or if unsc wolverines/warthog. I also suggest watch towers so you can see the air way before it reaches you. Last placement of your units. Keep them between the closest places your opponents could pop up.

I already tried mixing wolverines and warthogs they didn’t stand a chance. In one of my last games I tried doing the same thing with infantry mixed in and the same thing happened. Two of my opponents spammed wolvs and hornets and I got complely dominated in every single encounter with both of them. If not by the hornets then it was due to BS leader powers.

It got to the point where I couldn’t even move units away from my base because I knew for a fact id need every single one to even stand a chance against an attack on my base. By teammates started massing air in response and I was left in the dust. I could hardly contribute anything

> 2535451625137104;18:
> > 2535422421305993;12:
> > > 2535451625137104;5:
> > > > 2533274869891714;2:
> > > > Just you.
> > >
> > > Then how do I counter them?
> >
> > Sadder joker here we go again :roll_eyes:.
> > You counter air by scouting after you scout it depends on the air units but to keep this simple if they build banshees or hornets then you build reaver/marauder or if unsc wolverines/warthog. I also suggest watch towers so you can see the air way before it reaches you. Last placement of your units. Keep them between the closest places your opponents could pop up.
>
> I already tried mixing wolverines and warthogs they didn’t stand a chance. In one of my last games I tried doing the same thing with infantry mixed in and the same thing happened. Two of my opponents spammed wolvs and hornets and I got complely dominated in every single encounter with both of them. If not by the hornets then it was due to BS leader powers.
>
> It got to the point where I couldn’t even move units away from my base because I knew for a fact id need every single one to even stand a chance against an attack on my base. By teammates started massing air in response and I was left in the dust. I could hardly contribute anything

Add me and when I get home tonight I’ll play a few games with you to give you a better understanding. There is a lot more depth but I dislike typing on a phone

> 2533274941559896;17:
> > 2535451625137104;7:
> > > 2533274907965798;6:
> > > > 2535451625137104;4:
> > > > > 2533274907965798;3:
> > > > > Units? No. Leaders? Yes.
> > > > > Air is only really OP when used by Decimus, Anders, Jerome, and the Arbiter.
> > > >
> > > > Well I was up against Anders
>
> the thing is that when you play against a good anders player, they can hold their own and make whatever army they want and drop the god sentinal thing on you. It’s kinda difficult to deal with.

How do you feel about the coming Anders buffs? :slightly_smiling_face: