Aiming with a controller

Is it just me or does aiming with a controller feel absolutely awful? And like a chore… I’ve tried everything in the settings and I’m using the lowest sensitivity but it still feels like it’s all over the place. Not smooth at all. I can’t re-adjust my shots at all. Most of my kills are luck or I have to not move the stick at all and rely on strafing. What.

yep its pretty bad. some guns are fine like the br, pistol is unusable

Yeah I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is. The BR doesn’t feel terrible but every other precision weapon is awful with the commando being legit impossible, my shots are all over the place.

I see others complaining about aim assist being too high but to me it’s not there at all lol

I can hit me shots now I’m on low sensitivity but I cannot turn, changing direction is not an option.

I believe the reason we are all struggling because there is no slowdown. Usually the aim assist makes it so once you enter into a zone around the enemy player, the sensitivity in that range kinda changes so you don’t overshoot and have more control over the micro-adjustments you make. It feels like you just breeze straight over a player now. Makes headshots especially difficult with guns like the Sidekick.

I don’t know why look accelerations lowest setting is a 1. I want the stuff off completely. I also feel like it’s impossible to get a linear look curve and that’s messing me up a lot. Enemies move back and forth so fast that fine readjustments to shots need to be made but I just can’t. Every time I want to adjust a little upwards for a head shot it goes way up and off to the left or right. I just shoot the air. Aiming down sights seems fine with most guns like you guys said but regular hip fire aim is terrible.

Yeah, I’m having this same thing happen. I’m not sure what’s causing it. I’ve never had so much trouble staying on target in any other game. Infinites aim is really squirrely and is difficult to stay on target without it jumping around with the slightest movement of the analog stick. I don’t know if it’s because of the extra settings, but I’ve tried every combo and still can’t get it to smooth out.

I agree. The br is good, but the sidekick has to be the worst weapon. The assault rifle is so much better better the sidekick at mid to long range. Most people im playing with are only using the assault rifle instead of the sidekick.

I’ve found some settings that work for me. Increasing the FoV, and changing the offsets to bring the guns more to the center seem to have helped.

> 2533274839149604;7:
> I agree. The br is good, but the sidekick has to be the worst weapon. The assault rifle is so much better better the sidekick at mid to long range. Most people im playing with are only using the assault rifle instead of the sidekick.

I don’t know man the sidekick might actually beat somebody with commando after they start spraying wildly and empty their mag in 2 seconds.

reponsive curve is way to spongey. make sure to set all of your inner deadzones to 0 and extend outer a bit. also having longer analogs helps. I did very well with all of the unsc weapons but i did a ton of strafing. Idk why pple are having such a hard time with the pistol and commando. they are both solid for me

> 2533274804597910;8:
> I’ve found some settings that work for me. Increasing the FoV, and changing the offsets to bring the guns more to the center seem to have helped.

fov110 and deadzones are very important

The problem is that the right stick controls are extremely stiff, it makes it feel like it “snaps” to a position instead of smoothly moving towards it, which makes it very hard to point your reticle where you want it to go.

I was hoping this would be improved since the last flight and it really, really hasn’t.

> 2533274930888284;11:
> > 2533274804597910;8:
> > I’ve found some settings that work for me. Increasing the FoV, and changing the offsets to bring the guns more to the center seem to have helped.
>
> fov110 and deadzones are very important

I tried a 110 fov but I just can’t get used to how small the cross hair is. I like seeing my target. Doesn’t feel very halo like. In fact everything feels so much smaller.

Dead zones are key I think, someone posted on the other controller thread with their settings.I ended up going with the following for now, still needs some tweaking, but is much better than the defaults. Still having trouble with the pistol and sniper though.
Look Center Deadzone 3
Look Max input threashhold 6
Look Axial Dead Zone 0-3 (start at 0 and adjust as needed to eliminate stick drift)
Acceleration 4
Sensitivity 5

aiming goes from —o—o—o—o—o to a smoother line ------------ (hopefully that is helpful)

This was a major complaint during the last flight and I can’t believe there was no response to it. Controller aim assist is so low that it feels non-existent. This is especially noticeable on certain weapons such as the Commando and Sidekick. The aim just goes all over the place and making them unusable. There’s good reason why you see so many people just sticking to the AR because it’s so much more manageable. They MUST fix this for release. Controller players are hopelessly handicapped against m&k players right now.

> 2533274831754379;15:
> This was a major complaint during the last flight and I can’t believe there was no response to it. Controller aim assist is so low that it feels non-existent. This is especially noticeable on certain weapons such as the Commando and Sidekick. The aim just goes all over the place and making them unusable. There’s good reason why you see so many people just sticking to the AR because it’s so much more manageable. They MUST fix this for release. Controller players are hopelessly handicapped against m&k players right now.

Hopefully it does get addressed sooner than later. I think the only thing we can do about it right now is to keep voicing our concerns.

The RRR is abysmal. I think that’s the issue. I’ve found so far that a significant amount of fight take place outside of RRR and it feels horrible.

> 2533274800913490;2:
> yep its pretty bad. some guns are fine like the br, pistol is unusable

BR is the only gun I feel comfortable with in this game.

> 2533274800772611;17:
> The RRR is abysmal. I think that’s the issue. I’ve found so far that a significant amount of fight take place outside of RRR and it feels horrible.

what the hell is RRR?

Just putting my two cents in. Yeah, I’m having issues with aiming and no matter what settings I use, I can’t seem to get around it.