Aiming update.

When is the aiming update. I bought the game when it came out, played it for 2 days then put it down and haven’t touched it since. When is the aiming update supposed to happen? I want to give halo 1 last chance before I abandon the franchise, but I’m not going to play with broken aiming mechanics.

I hope soon. It’s so bad now I’m still on MCC. Probably will migrate to Black Ops 3 if this doesn’t get fixed soon.

Next week

> 2535467087074733;2:
> I hope soon. It’s so bad now I’m still on MCC. Probably will migrate to Black Ops 3 if this doesn’t get fixed soon.

That’s what I went to when i was disappointed with the state of halo. Black Ops 3 is pretty good, At least CoD feels like CoD.

Let me be clear. I’m not talking about the smaller amount of Aim Assist. I like that, I’m talking about aim acceleration.

Agree OP fully. Despite H5 being mediocre i would like to play it with friends more often.
When MCC finally looses steam, i guess it’ll be time to retire the xbox :frowning:

STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…

meh.

> 2533274794373199;7:
> STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…

The aiming mechanic was changed by 343i from previous halo games and from the beta to what it is now
To say there is nothing wrong with it is your opinion

however the fact is that 343i changed the mechanic, they said they changed it

and much like with most of the changes 343i has implimented it wasn’t for the better

> 2533274832130936;9:
> > 2533274794373199;7:
> > STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…
>
>
> The aiming mechanic was changed by 343i from previous halo games and from the beta to what it is now
> To say there is nothing wrong with it is your opinion
>
> however the fact is that 343i changed the mechanic, they said they changed it
>
> and much like with most of the changes 343i has implimented it wasn’t for the better

Then I guess I must be the only one who doesn’t have any problems with aiming as it is, all it did was make me better at halo 5 compared to halo 4.

> 2533274794373199;7:
> STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…

When thousands of people complain about something, there is clearly an issue.

Also 343 are acknowledging it and putting out a fix, read the Weekly update.

> 2533274821813997;11:
> > 2533274794373199;7:
> > STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…
>
>
> When thousands of people complain about something, there is clearly an issue.
>
> Also 343 are acknowledging it and putting out a fix, read the Weekly update.

It stuns me how people are blindly defending something when even the developer has acknowledged the problem.

Just because it doesn’t seem to affect you (@crazymicroguy) doesn’t mean thousands of other people, myself included aren’t having issues.

either I live under a rock, or I’m not having any problems with aiming at all, whats the fuss about?

> 2533274862478659;12:
> > 2533274821813997;11:
> > > 2533274794373199;7:
> > > STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…
> >
> >
> > When thousands of people complain about something, there is clearly an issue.
> >
> > Also 343 are acknowledging it and putting out a fix, read the Weekly update.
>
>
> It stuns me how people are blindly defending something when even the developer has acknowledged the problem.
>
> Just because it doesn’t seem to affect you (@crazymicroguy) doesn’t mean thousands of other people, myself included aren’t having issues.

After thousands of games of previous halos, i have to start all over in halo 5 to relearn how to aim but no matter how much i play, my aim is always inconsistent and all over the place…I play MCC and my aim is perfectly fine most of times

> 2533274794373199;7:
> STOP COMPLAINING. There is nothing wrong with the aiming on this game, it’s the same as any other halo. I don’t notice anything, I even play better on this Halo compared to other halo’s. What is the deal with everybody, just get better at the game and stop blaming the aiming…

Are you serious dude, there is an issue with the aiming, clearly you don’t understand because you haven’t noticed or experiencing it like others around you, I for one am in fact experiencing it and trying o adjust. 343 changed the aiming mechanics into turning and aiming along with increasing the aim acceleration and deadzones. Someone did a video showing otherwise, look on youtube and I am sure you will find it.

But yes there is an issue.

> 2533274973685362;13:
> either I live under a rock, or I’m not having any problems with aiming at all, whats the fuss about?

The precision aiming speed is too slow and the look speed is too high and the distance between them on the analouge stick is too small. This is more apparent in CQC situations where your reticle has to move quicker to hit a target.

I’m not sure if it affects all controllers or only some but it certainly affects me.

> 2533274862478659;16:
> > 2533274973685362;13:
> > either I live under a rock, or I’m not having any problems with aiming at all, whats the fuss about?
>
>
> The precision aiming speed is too slow and the look speed is too high and the distance between them on the analouge stick is too small. This is more apparent in CQC situations where your reticle has to move quicker to hit a target.
>
> I’m not sure if it affects all controllers or only some but it certainly affects me.

This is seriously a thing?

I guess playing BF4 made me forget recticles are suppose to stay stuck on people.

I’ve not had any major issues with it, but it is annoying nonetheless. I am looking forward to being able to tweak it with this coming update.

> 2533274832447301;17:
> > 2533274862478659;16:
> > > 2533274973685362;13:
> > > either I live under a rock, or I’m not having any problems with aiming at all, whats the fuss about?
> >
> >
> > The precision aiming speed is too slow and the look speed is too high and the distance between them on the analouge stick is too small. This is more apparent in CQC situations where your reticle has to move quicker to hit a target.
> >
> > I’m not sure if it affects all controllers or only some but it certainly affects me.
>
>
> This is seriously a thing?
>
> I guess playing BF4 made me forget recticles are suppose to stay stuck on people.

It has nothing to do with aim assist it’s aim acceleration.

Everyone should watch this video.

> 2533274862478659;19:
> > 2533274832447301;17:
> > > 2533274862478659;16:
> > > > 2533274973685362;13:
> > > > either I live under a rock, or I’m not having any problems with aiming at all, whats the fuss about?
> > >
> > >
> > > The precision aiming speed is too slow and the look speed is too high and the distance between them on the analouge stick is too small. This is more apparent in CQC situations where your reticle has to move quicker to hit a target.
> > >
> > > I’m not sure if it affects all controllers or only some but it certainly affects me.
> >
> >
> > This is seriously a thing?
> >
> > I guess playing BF4 made me forget recticles are suppose to stay stuck on people.
>
>
> It has nothing to do with aim assist.
>
> Everyone should watch this video.

I meant how 10 sensitivity is real slow compared to other FPS max sensitivities. The acceleration actually is beneficial to me though I still find it to be too slow.