Aiming tips

So I have struggled with this increased skill gap / reduced aim assist. Rather than complain, I want to try and get better as I think this move wasn’t a bad one. Had a 42 in Halo 3 which to me is an achievement and although I don’t care as much now, I still want to be useful on the field.

I’m used to Halo precision weapons having the ability to ‘swipe’ across opponents. This is second nature to me after playing so much so the change is hard. BR could have it’s three shot swiped over the body with analogue stick flicks and usually an easy flick to get the head. Sniper felt the same despite seemingly having a straight bullet trail… I could swipe it over an enemy and somehow have landed that headshot. Now it seems you need to have the cross hair steadily over the target… am I right?

So is ‘swiping’ gone now? Do I need to lay off the moving the analogue stick to it’s max to aim? I get excited and that thing ends up getting flicked to full. How do you manage to move it gently?! Deadzone/acceleration, I’m no expert but will this be affecting my swipe?

Sens 4. Bumper jump.

Aim for the head…?
I don’t think swipe shot is gone. Because I’ve swipe in SWAT and with snipers. But that’s a type of one-hit kills. So swipe shots probably aren’t as efficient with DMR and BR.
Or maybe it is gone. I’m on max sensitivity, so I think I’m swiping when I’m actually not, and just landing dead on hits.

> 2533274794654161;2:
> Aim for the head…?
> I don’t think swipe shot is gone. Because I’ve swipe in SWAT and with snipers. But that’s a type of one-hit kills. So swipe shots probably aren’t as efficient with DMR and BR.
> Or maybe it is gone. I’m on max sensitivity, so I think I’m swiping when I’m actually not, and just landing dead on hits.

Often enough I do get the swipe shot but perhaps I timed the trigger perfectly. But feel all too often I miss them now. In older titles it felt like the shot spread across some of the swipe especially with the three bullets from the BR… Hope I’m making sense hahaha.

> 2533274805578773;3:
> > 2533274794654161;2:
> > Aim for the head…?
> > I don’t think swipe shot is gone. Because I’ve swipe in SWAT and with snipers. But that’s a type of one-hit kills. So swipe shots probably aren’t as efficient with DMR and BR.
> > Or maybe it is gone. I’m on max sensitivity, so I think I’m swiping when I’m actually not, and just landing dead on hits.
>
>
> Often enough I do get the swipe shot but perhaps I timed the trigger perfectly. But feel all too often I miss them now. In older titles it felt like the shot spread across some of the swipe especially with the three bullets from the BR… Hope I’m making sense hahaha.

Could be a little lag. I don’t trust games that don’t show people’s ping. I need to know how has a walmart connection and need a few extra shots.

> 2533274794654161;4:
> > 2533274805578773;3:
> > > 2533274794654161;2:
> > > Aim for the head…?
> > > I don’t think swipe shot is gone. Because I’ve swipe in SWAT and with snipers. But that’s a type of one-hit kills. So swipe shots probably aren’t as efficient with DMR and BR.
> > > Or maybe it is gone. I’m on max sensitivity, so I think I’m swiping when I’m actually not, and just landing dead on hits.
> >
> >
> > Often enough I do get the swipe shot but perhaps I timed the trigger perfectly. But feel all too often I miss them now. In older titles it felt like the shot spread across some of the swipe especially with the three bullets from the BR… Hope I’m making sense hahaha.
>
>
> Could be a little lag. I don’t trust games that don’t show people’s ping. I need to know how has a walmart connection and need a few extra shots.

Have seen a fair amount of lag and some games feel off as a whole.

Never mastered strafing as doing it myself causes me to miss and opponents doing it also works a treat for them. Practice i guess. Was the vehicle guy anyway… too many power weapons now :frowning: