Aiming on controller is HORRIBLE

Idk what yall did to the aiming on controller but it is HORRENDOUS aim assist just completely cutting out, making your aim go shooting off in arandom direction. And there is just somthing clunky about it, it’s hard to put into words but I messed with my sensitivity for over an hour and got nowhere in terms of the aiming feeling any better… play one game of halo 3 and then one game of infinite and you will understand. It’s just not smooth on infinite, you cant twitch… or make small adjustments, I dont understand how it can be this bad

try tweaking the middle look axis a bit above the normal setting and set your radial look to maximum

the problem is that there is only basic tools to adjust controller aim, Halo infinite definitely caters to PC players despite their crying about aim assist… ALSO WHY CANT I TURN OFF AIM ACCELERATION IT RUINS ACCURACY BY SLIGHTLY INCREASING MY AIM SPEED

I have an X1 elite controller and the only way to go beyond the base sensitivity settings is to program my thumb sticks to react differently.

They’re aware it’s wonky atm and said this build has know issues.
Hopefully come release it will be much better,

Yes, welcome to the club. Aiming has been bad for pretty much all inputs and consoles. (Although some lucky people say its ok on their end).

In addition to low AA, there are the following problems.

• Non-negotiable aim acceleration and lack of linear aim-response curve. - Discrepancy in sensitivity horizontally and vertically - Seemingly inconsistent aim sensitivity. - Lack of explanation in controller settings - Suboptimal default values for deadzones - Potential server-side issues that can impact aiming.

> 2535473687946937;1:
> Idk what yall did to the aiming on controller but it is HORRENDOUS aim assist just completely cutting out, making your aim go shooting off in arandom direction. And there is just somthing clunky about it, it’s hard to put into words but I messed with my sensitivity for over an hour and got nowhere in terms of the aiming feeling any better… play one game of halo 3 and then one game of infinite and you will understand. It’s just not smooth on infinite, you cant twitch… or make small adjustments, I dont understand how it can be this bad

They decided to build off of Halo 5’s awful aiming system instead of classic aiming in Halo 1-4. Is anyone at all against classic aiming? I’ve never heard the arguement, yet numerous players have problems with this sytem. Changing back to classic is the only way to fix this otherwise aiming will never be good. They can improve it some but never compete with the original.

It’s bad enough that I already stopped playing because of it. No modern shooter’s aiming should feel this frustrating. It just saps all the enjoyment out of the experience.

I probably won’t even bother playing the full release if it stays like this. There won’t even be goofy customs until forge comes out either, so I’m kinda left not caring about the game as a whole.

Yes bro. I love the gameplay fundamentally, it’s fun, fresh and innovative. But with that said, I got so frustrated with the aiming on controller I had to turn it off. Can’t make any micro adjustments while aiming. I barely touch my right stick and my dang reticle zooms across the screen and is soooo jerky.

Thanks for all the reply I’m less frustrated knowing I’m not the only one and sounds like they know of the issue. Hopfully they fix, legit unplayable as is. Really is sad, wish they would just copy past halo 2 or 3s aiming

I am in the same boat, jumped into my first game and it was instantly noticeable that there was a change between last weekend and today. I tried to mess with the settings but I don’t know what most of them actually do and the sensitivity settings did not seem to make a difference. I am seeing inconsistent speeds while moving horizontally and vertically; sometimes it is slow and other times it is super fast. It is almost like the reticle is being pushed away from opponents when I attempt to aim.

It is a wonder I got any kills at all.

Playing Halo since I was 5, can’t enjoy this one with the forced deadzones on, no option to turn it off makes me feel like I am always overshooting my target and fighting the sticks :confused:

Maybe what I was running into was a bug, controls seem to be working normally now for me using the controller.

Aiming with the sniper in this is the worst in any game I’ve played.

tried playing with both mkb and controller. Controller aim does not feel good at ranged battles while mkb is awful close range due to the strafe speed and how unpredictable it is compared to games like 3 and reach

I fired it up this morning and found the controls were messed up again.

Looks like after a few reboots without making any changes my controls returned to normal.

Tried every setting/recommended combination and came to the conclusion that it didn’t effect anything it was still horrible.
Then go into a game and get smashed by pistol players, sniper terrible, AR random
If they tell us they will fix it or revert back to previous systems I’ll play.

If not tbh I don’t need the stress this game caused.

since they made this game cross-play, they have to make controller settings way better to be able to play against mkb. i wont be playing on controller if they dont provide a way to turn off acceleration being honest.

Never been a forum poster but this flight’s aiming system has me to the point of finding any possible platform to voice my frustration. Glad to see other people here stating the obvious: using any weapon beyond its “intended” range/situation feels like fighting for your life on this aiming scheme. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why we can’t take the MCC system and use it with this game. If it’s too “easy,” change the weapon tuning. This game has amazing fundamentals in movement and sandbox but why does it feel like we haven’t taken any steps forward from Halo 5, with regard to this clunky aiming system? There are so many options in the settings, none of which make any sense to the everyday gamer, and none of them do anything to address the obvious issues of trying to free aim (or aim in general). As other people have said here, go play a few games on MCC then try to play this flight. It’s a joke. Given how long we’ve been waiting for a chance like this to play, I can’t believe we’re still dealing with these six-year-old issues.