Aiming is horrible in this game

I took a break from halo 5, and tried playing it today for the first time in awhile. And man is the aiming horribly messed up in this game. So hard to track targets and stay locked on. Back when i played this game a lot i suppose i just got used to how bad the aiming was but i never actually liked it.

And now coming back with a fresh perspective and having lost that muscle memory i am able to truly see how awful it is. On a game that has great aim settings i can not play for weeks and come back but it’ll feel just like home because it is smooth and what i expect. Not halo 5. Yes i have tried changing the settings of course i have and nothing feels right it all feels horrible.

I know this game has been out for a long time and it is unlikely they would make significant additions at this point. But 343 please seriously consider what I’m about to suggest because it’s a real shame to leave the aiming in this sad state especially when a lot of people still play this game. It’s even more sad that every game in the MCC has better aiming than halo 5 does, the game that came out most recently.

1. The sensitivity options for hip fire and ADS should be separated, this is standard in modern fps games and it is badly needed here. Also give each level of zoom its own slider.
  2. Add several response curves into the game. Linear, classic, exponential etc. One of them is bound to feel right and all of them will likely feel better than what we have now.
  3. Other options that 343 can think of and add that would further improve aiming and give use more choice. Hyperscape, although it is now a dead game, just added a bunch of new controller options some of which i’ve never even seen before. This game is still quite alive, so please do something to fix the atrocious aiming.

Yeah… this is the worst aiming game of all time. Ppl stopped taking the ranks serious years ago. Everyone is just running around babysitting the aiming system, instead of playing the game. Just a bad experience since launch. All the Git guy ppl have revealed to be idiots, now that everyone sees the game as broken.

Atrocious aiming? I bounce between Halo, CoD, and Apex and honestly don’t see crazy issues with H5. I even went from using a standard controller, to the elite, and back to standard bc my elite bit the dust recently, so I’m not sure what you’re wanting out of Halos aiming system. Are you wanting the absurdly fast speeds you an get in some games and are able to whip around instantly or what?

To master aiming in the game is to master the understanding of how much effort is really needed to stay on target. Just go into a custom games and have a friend walk left to right repeatedly in front if you while in RR range. Then you’ll see what I mean.

For this reason. The game is hard to come back to, but eventually the rust will come off. You might actually be putting way more effort to stay on target. Like over aiming. That was my problem coming back to the game. So the muscle memory is there, it just may take awhile to get back.

As far as all those option you said…as options that’s great. If halo EVER adopted a FORCED crap SNAIL trigger ADS mechanic like other shooters have…I’d literally never play halo ever again. Screw that, screw reticle bloom on hip fire movement, jumping etc. No thanks.

> 2533274796780714;3:
> Atrocious aiming? I bounce between Halo, CoD, and Apex and honestly don’t see crazy issues with H5. I even went from using a standard controller, to the elite, and back to standard bc my elite bit the dust recently, so I’m not sure what you’re wanting out of Halos aiming system. Are you wanting the absurdly fast speeds you an get in some games and are able to whip around instantly or what?

I want it to be solid and reliable, i want to be able to stay on target when im shooting. I don’t want to feel like im fighting against the game in order to hit someone.

Halo 5 has the worst aim out of all the fps games that i play. Hyperscape used to be really bad and then they added in a ton of new options which is exactly what this game needs

> 2533274933944980;5:
> > 2533274796780714;3:
> > Atrocious aiming? I bounce between Halo, CoD, and Apex and honestly don’t see crazy issues with H5. I even went from using a standard controller, to the elite, and back to standard bc my elite bit the dust recently, so I’m not sure what you’re wanting out of Halos aiming system. Are you wanting the absurdly fast speeds you an get in some games and are able to whip around instantly or what?
>
> I want it to be solid and reliable, i want to be able to stay on target when im shooting. I don’t want to feel like im fighting against the game in order to hit someone.
>
> Halo 5 has the worst aim out of all the fps games that i play. Hyperscape used to be really bad and then they added in a ton of new options which is exactly what this game needs

I still don’t follow. Is it too much recoil for you or is it aim assist getting in your way? I have absolutely no problem tracking and staying on target besides the cases when I get out played with thruster and strafing.