Aiming finally feels acceptable

Thanks for listening to the community on this one 343.

You seem content with the new options for control sensitivity. Can you make a suggestion as to how I should have my settings done? I’ve tried adjusting the dead zones and speed but I may have gone overboard because it was lightening fast for me. Then I went the other way and became a slow robot in arena with little to no kills. I’m not looking for competitive settings but I would like an acceptable response time. Back before the update I had my settings at 5. Thanks.

I’m a long time Halo player and was struggling with the aim. Since the update it feels much better.

I was playing on 5 before the update.

I’m still on 5, with aim acceleration set to 2 and inner deadzone at 2%. I left outer at the default 10%.

> 2572815322848618;2:
> You seem content with the new options for control sensitivity. Can you make a suggestion as to how I should have my settings done? I’ve tried adjusting the dead zones and speed but I may have gone overboard because it was lightening fast for me. Then I went the other way and became a slow robot in arena with little to no kills. I’m not looking for competitive settings but I would like an acceptable response time. Back before the update I had my settings at 5. Thanks.

For me personally I have it set at
Sensitivity 5
Aim Acceleration 2
Inner Deadzone 0%
Outer Deadzone 10%

Yeah. I switched the deadzones down to 0% and my aim acceleration up to the highest setting and it did wonder for making the game feel like a proper shooter.

> 2533274846307559;4:
> > 2572815322848618;2:
> > You seem content with the new options for control sensitivity. Can you make a suggestion as to how I should have my settings done? I’ve tried adjusting the dead zones and speed but I may have gone overboard because it was lightening fast for me. Then I went the other way and became a slow robot in arena with little to no kills. I’m not looking for competitive settings but I would like an acceptable response time. Back before the update I had my settings at 5. Thanks.
>
>
> For me personally I have it set at
> Sensitivity 5
> Aim Acceleration 2
> Inner Deadzone 0%
> Outer Deadzone 10%

You guys are awesome. I’m going to give it a try and hopefully this suites me. Thanks for the feedback.

I have sensitivity down to 3 and aim accelleration at zero. It does feel sluggish to spin, but rarely do you survive an attack that you have to spin 180 degrees into. These setting have improved my game ALOT. I’ve gone from over aiming and poor accuracy to almost never over aiming and an improvement in accuracy by at least 50%. I was dominating in slayer and warzone with the carbine last night.

I have noticed a massive increase in performance since they added the aiming configurations. There is still a little bit of room for improvement but the game is playable now. One noticeable change that I have yet to see is the aim assist. Aim assist needs to be able to be toggled. It is primarily noticeable in Warzone, when tagging an enemy player and then an enemy NPC(most notably soldiers) run passed, causing you to lose the shot and get dragged off the player. Its not major, but if you have had both players push Commander Lochagos on Stormbreak(while ignoring the NPCs) it can be very hard to focus on certain targets without getting the aim assist to pull.

Sensitivity 5
Aim Acceleration 3
Inner Deadzone 0%
Outer Deadzone 10%

CASH MONEY!!!

> 2572815322848618;2:
> You seem content with the new options for control sensitivity. Can you make a suggestion as to how I should have my settings done? I’ve tried adjusting the dead zones and speed but I may have gone overboard because it was lightening fast for me. Then I went the other way and became a slow robot in arena with little to no kills. I’m not looking for competitive settings but I would like an acceptable response time. Back before the update I had my settings at 5. Thanks.

What I did was set everything to 1 then play Warzone, after ever gun battle I experimented by increasing stuff until it felt right, sounds tedious but by the end of the match I had my ideal setting.

Is there a video explaining it

cause I’m struggling with the aiming more than before

> 2810058517507654;8:
> Aim assist needs to be able to be toggled.

Good luck with no aim assist and a console controller. I almost guarantee you’d switch back within 5 mins.

> 2572815322848618;2:

My advice would be:

• Keep the sense where you had it
  • Lower aim acceleration to 2 (closer to what is normal in shooter games)
  • Launch a custom game by yourself and test the following:
  • Set inner dead zone to 0. Try aim in a direction and release the rigth stick. If your aim keeps drifting in that direction, increase the inner deadzones. Repeat for all directions, including the diagonals
  • Set outer dead zones to 0. See if you can turn fast in all direction, when you crank your right stick all the way to a side. If you turn slowly one of the directions/or both try increasing outer deadzones and repeat

The custom game check seems like a bit of a hassle, but its pretty quick to do and wont be needed further adjustments later.

Hopefully you find this helpful

I tried just about every combination there was. Eventually ended back on 3 sens, 3 acceleration. Both deadzones set to zero was all the adjustment I needed.

> 2533274953832049;13:
> > 2572815322848618;2:
> > You seem content with the new options for control sensitivity. Can you make a suggestion as to how I should have my settings done? I’ve tried adjusting the dead zones and speed but I may have gone overboard because it was lightening fast for me. Then I went the other way and became a slow robot in arena with little to no kills. I’m not looking for competitive settings but I would like an acceptable response time. Back before the update I had my settings at 5. Thanks.
>
>
> My advice would be:
> - Keep the sense where you had it
> - Lower aim acceleration to 2 (closer to what is normal in shooter games)
> - Launch a custom game by yourself and test the following:
> - Set inner dead zone to 0. Try aim in a direction and release the rigth stick. If your aim keeps drifting in that direction, increase the inner deadzones. Repeat for all directions, including the diagonals
> - Set outer dead zones to 0. See if you can turn fast in all direction, when you crank your right stick all the way to a side. If you turn slowly one of the directions/or both try increasing outer deadzones and repeat
>
> The custom game check seems like a bit of a hassle, but its pretty quick to do and wont be needed further adjustments later.
>
> Hopefully you find this helpful

This is good advice, you could go 1 further by going into a 1v1 custom with a friend and setting shields to 200% and having pistol/br fights with them. The ideal setting is the one where you can keep your aim steady on the person throughout without your aim jerking away.

> 2533274799325512;12:
> > 2810058517507654;8:
> > Aim assist needs to be able to be toggled.
>
>
> Good luck with no aim assist and a console controller. I almost guarantee you’d switch back within 5 mins.

Aside from the fact that its been done before in other FPS games…This chart from Halopedia shows the degrees of aiming assist in Halo 3, which most people agree had the smallest hitboxes. You can see the snipers have 1 degree of aim assist which is virtually non-existant. In addition a lot of the weapons on the chart have very low aim-assist.

> 2810058517507654;16:
> > 2533274799325512;12:
> > > 2810058517507654;8:
> > > Aim assist needs to be able to be toggled.
> >
> >
> > Good luck with no aim assist and a console controller. I almost guarantee you’d switch back within 5 mins.
>
>
> Aside from the fact that its been done before in other FPS games…This chart from Halopedia shows the degrees of aiming assist in Halo 3, which most people agree had the smallest hitboxes. You can see the snipers have 1 degree of aim assist which is virtually non-existant. In addition a lot of the weapons on the chart have very low aim-assist.
>
> http://www.halopedia.org/Aim_assist

I have aim assist off and have seen no difference. The controller settings I applied have done wonders though.