Aiming feels way better in Halo 4 on the MCC

Incase 343 are wondering by what parameters they should tweak their aiming towards. The Halo 4 MP gunplay is smooth as silk, I play it all the time and I would be playing it more often if it just had things like clamber and slides

just my .02 cents

> 2533274816803169;1:
> Incase 343 are wondering by what parameters they should tweak their aiming towards. The Halo 4 MP gunplay is smooth as silk, I play it all the time and I would be playing it more often if it just had things like clamber and slides
>
> just my .02 cents

That would be becuase of the copious amounts of BM and AA it had becuase of things like sprint and thrust
It feels better becase the game (for lack of better terminology) does most of the work for you

Infinite makes you work for the kill instead of holding your hand

There is AA on console on controller its just toned way down

Yeah Halo 4 is my least favourite Halo due to the overwhelming bullet magnetism and aim assist. Most the time it feels harder to miss than it is to hit, and this is at all ranges.

You get so many trades as well, the skill gap is the smallest of every Halo game.

> 2533274832130936;2:
> > 2533274816803169;1:
> > Incase 343 are wondering by what parameters they should tweak their aiming towards. The Halo 4 MP gunplay is smooth as silk, I play it all the time and I would be playing it more often if it just had things like clamber and slides
> >
> > just my .02 cents
>
> That would be becuase of the copious amounts of BM and AA it had becuase of things like sprint and thrust
> It feels better becase the game (for lack of better terminology) does most of the work for you
>
> Infinite makes you work for the kill instead of holding your hand
>
> There is AA on console on controller its just toned way down

The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now

Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now

im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie

> 2533274816803169;1:
> Incase 343 are wondering by what parameters they should tweak their aiming towards. The Halo 4 MP gunplay is smooth as silk, I play it all the time and I would be playing it more often if it just had things like clamber and slides
>
> just my .02 cents

Agreed. Halo 1-4 are fine! Halo 5 and Infinite are garbage :slight_smile:

> 2533274801036271;3:
> Yeah Halo 4 is my least favourite Halo due to the overwhelming bullet magnetism and aim assist. Most the time it feels harder to miss than it is to hit, and this is at all ranges.
>
> You get so many trades as well, the skill gap is the smallest of every Halo game.

Overwhelming bullet assist? Nice framing bud, you make it sound like Halo 4 aimed for you when it clearly didnt. I play it regularly if you think that game is aiming for you then you dont know what youre talking about, sorry

> 2533274816803169;4:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > >
>
> The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
>
> Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
>
> im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie

The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA

This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players

> 2533274816803169;6:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> > Yeah Halo 4 is my least favourite Halo due to the overwhelming bullet magnetism and aim assist. Most the time it feels harder to miss than it is to hit, and this is at all ranges.
> >
> > You get so many trades as well, the skill gap is the smallest of every Halo game.
>
> Overwhelming bullet assist? Nice framing bud, you make it sound like Halo 4 aimed for you when it clearly didnt. I play it regularly if you think that game is aiming for you then you dont know what youre talking about, sorry

I’m sorry man, he’s not “framing” hes simply speaking cold hard facts

> 2533274832130936;7:
> > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > >
> >
> > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> >
> > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> >
> > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
>
> The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
>
> This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players

No, it’s not. It’s the fact that the aim-mechanic itself is smooth in Halo 4, and not some janky thing that has a random acceleration curve you can’t turn off like Halo 5 and Infinite. When I’m going from Destiny 2 to Infinite it’s obvious the aim-mechanic itself is tuned wrong. It’s not about the aim-assist if I can’t even consistently get my crosshair ON someone without it feeling janky.

This is like Halo 5 with the -Yoink- aim, and I’m not going to stick around for it.

> 2535446745236801;9:
> > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > >
> > >
> > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > >
> > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > >
> > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> >
> > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> >
> > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
>
> No, it’s not. It’s the fact that the aim-mechanic itself is smooth in Halo 4, and not some janky thing that has a random acceleration curve you can’t turn off like Halo 5 and Infinite. When I’m going from Destiny 2 to Infinite it’s obvious the aim-mechanic itself is tuned wrong. It’s not about the aim-assist if I can’t even consistently get my crosshair ON someone without it feeling janky.
>
> This is like Halo 5 with the -Yoink- aim, and I’m not going to stick around for it.

You know you are able to adjust the aim acceleration right?
default its set to two, Aim Acceleration 3 (in infinite) was the default Aim Acceleration for H3 H:R and even H4 is I’m not mistaken

> 2533274832130936;7:
> > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > >
> >
> > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> >
> > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> >
> > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
>
> The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
>
> This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players

I mean when you frame your response with prefaces like “overwhelming bullet magnetism” you immediately take away from my personal skill that I cultivated. You cant blame me and others for taking offense.

H4 gunplay mechanisms feel better than in Infinite, and im not just talking about the AA. The process of aiming is better, the weapons look cleaner, the sprint even feels cleaner. I mean it when I say that if H4 had clamber and slide that would be my favorite FPS. The bullet magnetism isnt “oh my god its OVERWHELMING ME” (lol)

Seeing as how halo 4 has had a longer shelf life than Halo 5 then I think the direction for which they should head is clear.

H5 had bullet magnetism on par with Halo Infinite, actually from what im reading on the forums its pretty much the same mechanic. As we both know, Halo 5 is barely even seen as a Halo game by the wider community

> 2533274816803169;6:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> >
>
> Overwhelming bullet assist? Nice framing bud, you make it sound like Halo 4 aimed for you when it clearly didnt. I play it regularly if you think that game is aiming for you then you dont know what youre talking about, sorry

Bullet magnetism isn’t the game aiming for you, it means you hit enemies even when you miss them. The bullets curve and hit the enemy even when you’re off target provided it’s in the red reticule range (RRR).

I don’t play Halo 4 regularly, but I am a very competitive Halo player and I know when a game is doing more or less work for me than another, on sight and feel alone. Halo 4’s is one of the worst I’ve ever seen in a game. Fortunately, you don’t have to believe my words alone, I’ve included a video for you below so you have clear evidence of what I’m talking about. You can test this for yourself. The gun play in Halo 4 is extremely poor because of this, it lowers the skill gap significantly.

Bullet Magnetism

> 2533274816803169;11:
> > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > >
> > >
> > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > >
> > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > >
> > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> >
> > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> >
> > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
>
> I mean when you frame your response with prefaces like “overwhelming bullet magnetism” you immediately take away from my personal skill that I cultivated. You cant blame me and others for taking offense.
>
> H4 gunplay magnetisms feel better than in Infinite, and im not just talking about the AA. The process of aiming is better, the weapons look cleaner, the sprint even feels cleaner. I mean it when I say that if H4 had clamber and slide that would be my favorite FPS. The bullet magnetism isnt “oh my god its OVERWHELMING ME” (lol)
>
> Seeing as how halo 4 has had a longer shelf life than Halo 5 then I think the direction for which they should head is clear.
>
> H5 had bullet magnetism on par with Halo Infinite, actually from what im reading on the forums its pretty much the same mechanic. As we both know, Halo 5 is barely even seen as a Halo game by the wider community

regarless halo 4 is still just halo with call of duty so it kind of makes youre stance irrelvant in a halo thread.

343 admitted they just coppied cod for halo 4
killcams
loadouts
killstreaks
etc

but to your other point halo infinte has a ton of settings to fine tune how aiming feels. So in reality its wayyyyy better than “aim assist halo 4”

Also infinte feels like 3 with upgrades. meaning it feels like an actual halo game and 4 is again call of halo

> 2533274832130936;10:
> > 2535446745236801;9:
> > > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > > >
> > > >
> > > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > > >
> > > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> > >
> > > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> > >
> > > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
> >
> > No, it’s not. It’s the fact that the aim-mechanic itself is smooth in Halo 4, and not some janky thing that has a random acceleration curve you can’t turn off like Halo 5 and Infinite. When I’m going from Destiny 2 to Infinite it’s obvious the aim-mechanic itself is tuned wrong. It’s not about the aim-assist if I can’t even consistently get my crosshair ON someone without it feeling janky.
> >
> > This is like Halo 5 with the -Yoink- aim, and I’m not going to stick around for it.
>
> You know you are able to adjust the aim acceleration right?
> default its set to two, Aim Acceleration 3 (in infinite) was the default Aim Acceleration for H3 H:R and even H4 is I’m not mistaken

In Halo 4 there’s no setting for aim-acceleration, as far as I know. I honestly haven’t looked, normally I just change sensitivity and then it’s fine. Halo 5 and Infinite has never felt fine for me, no matter how much I play around with the settings.

As I said, when comparing them to other games (such as Destiny 2, Halo 1-4), it’s just feels plain bad to use. It’s wonky, and there’s no reason for it to be wonky since they literally have good aim mechanics in Halo 1-4 on the MCC. Copy paste that and you’re done.

P.S. In infinite the minimum is 1 on the acceleration. You can’t turn it off. When I max the acceleration out to 5 it makes my issue exacerbated, so I’m quite certain that’s the setting that -Yoinks!- me and there’s no workaround for it.

> 2533274801036271;12:
> > 2533274816803169;6:
> > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > >
> >
> > Overwhelming bullet assist? Nice framing bud, you make it sound like Halo 4 aimed for you when it clearly didnt. I play it regularly if you think that game is aiming for you then you dont know what youre talking about, sorry
>
> Bullet magnetism isn’t the game aiming for you, it means you hit enemies even when you miss them. The bullets curve and hit the enemy even when you’re off target provided it’s in the red reticule range (RRR).
>
> I don’t play Halo 4 regularly, but I am a very competitive Halo player and I know when a game is doing more or less work for me than another, on sight and feel alone. Halo 4’s is one of the worst I’ve ever seen in a game. Fortunately, you don’t have to believe my words alone, I’ve included a video for you below so you have clear evidence of what I’m talking about. You can test this for yourself. The gun play in Halo 4 is extremely poor because of this, it lowers the skill gap significantly.
>
> Bullet Magnetism

I mean isnt that how reticles work? You put the reticle on someone and shoot when theyre in your crosshairs? You said it yourself you have to have the enemy in the reticle to hit them. I dont understand, are you advocating for bullet drop or actual projectiles that you have to lead to hit your target? That sounds Infinitely worse.

H5 tried catering to sweatlords already bud, it was dead on arrival.

i dont understand how you think aiming in a videogame is supposed to work if im not supposed to get a hit when my reticle is over someones head and I shoot lol, please elaborate

> 2533274816803169;11:
> > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > >
> > >
> > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > >
> > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > >
> > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> >
> > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> >
> > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
>
> I mean when you frame your response with prefaces like “overwhelming bullet magnetism” you immediately take away from my personal skill that I cultivated. You cant blame me and others for taking offense.
>
> H4 gunplay magnetisms feel better than in Infinite, and im not just talking about the AA. The process of aiming is better, the weapons look cleaner, the sprint even feels cleaner. I mean it when I say that if H4 had clamber and slide that would be my favorite FPS. The bullet magnetism isnt “oh my god its OVERWHELMING ME” (lol)
>
> Seeing as how halo 4 has had a longer shelf life than Halo 5 then I think the direction for which they should head is clear.
>
> H5 had bullet magnetism on par with Halo Infinite, actually from what im reading on the forums its pretty much the same mechanic. As we both know, Halo 5

Neither you, nor mine, nor anyone elses personal skill has anything to do with a baked in mechanic that originates from an algorithm
AA in H4 has a preset value, That value is high Higher than H:R, higher than H3.
your skill…had nothign to do with this.

The process of aiming mechanically is the same, you move analouge sticks and your avatar on screen reacts to those twitchs and movements
The muscle memory you have from playing games like H4 and H5 is what is gvin gyou issues adjusting to the aiming system in infinite

H4 (and I can’t believe I’m defending H5) did not have a longer shelf life.
In fact H4 lost approx 80% of its online population in just 6 months
Here is a pretty good break down of H4’s populationH5 doesn’t have the same amount of Bullet Magnetism as Infinite, if it did, you wouldn’t be experiencing these issues you say you are because the projectiles would be literally curving towards your opponent which is what bullet magnetism is designed to do

> 2533274887613159;13:
> > 2533274816803169;11:
> > > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > > >
> > > >
> > > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > > >
> > > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> > >
> > > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> > >
> > > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
> >
> > I mean when you frame your response with prefaces like “overwhelming bullet magnetism” you immediately take away from my personal skill that I cultivated. You cant blame me and others for taking offense.
> >
> > H4 gunplay magnetisms feel better than in Infinite, and im not just talking about the AA. The process of aiming is better, the weapons look cleaner, the sprint even feels cleaner. I mean it when I say that if H4 had clamber and slide that would be my favorite FPS. The bullet magnetism isnt “oh my god its OVERWHELMING ME” (lol)
> >
> > Seeing as how halo 4 has had a longer shelf life than Halo 5 then I think the direction for which they should head is clear.
> >
> > H5 had bullet magnetism on par with Halo Infinite, actually from what im reading on the forums its pretty much the same mechanic. As we both know, Halo 5 is barely even seen as a Halo game by the wider community
>
> regarless halo 4 is still just halo with call of duty so it kind of makes youre stance irrelvant in a halo thread.
>
> 343 admitted they just coppied cod for halo 4
> killcams
> loadouts
> killstreaks
> etc
>
> but to your other point halo infinte has a ton of settings to fine tune how aiming feels. So in reality its wayyyyy better than “aim assist halo 4”
>
> Also infinte feels like 3 with upgrades. meaning it feels like an actual halo game and 4 is again call of halo

“Youre right but Halo 4 is Call of Duty so therefore you cant bring up Halo 4 in a Halo forum” lol, okay buddy. Its not like halo 5 was dead on arrival or tried mechanisms from CoD

Love this response, its peak HaloWaypoint

> 2535446745236801;14:
> > 2533274832130936;10:
> > > 2535446745236801;9:
> > > > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > > > >
> > > > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> > > >
> > > > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > > > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > > > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> > > >
> > > > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
> > >
> > > No, it’s not. It’s the fact that the aim-mechanic itself is smooth in Halo 4, and not some janky thing that has a random acceleration curve you can’t turn off like Halo 5 and Infinite. When I’m going from Destiny 2 to Infinite it’s obvious the aim-mechanic itself is tuned wrong. It’s not about the aim-assist if I can’t even consistently get my crosshair ON someone without it feeling janky.
> > >
> > > This is like Halo 5 with the -Yoink- aim, and I’m not going to stick around for it.
> >
> > You know you are able to adjust the aim acceleration right?
> > default its set to two, Aim Acceleration 3 (in infinite) was the default Aim Acceleration for H3 H:R and even H4 is I’m not mistaken
>
> In Halo 4 there’s no setting for aim-acceleration, as far as I know. I honestly haven’t looked, normally I just change sensitivity and then it’s fine. Halo 5 and Infinite has never felt fine for me, no matter how much I play around with the settings.
>
> As I said, when comparing them to other games (such as Destiny 2, Halo 1-4), it’s just feels plain bad to use. It’s wonky, and there’s no reason for it to be wonky since they literally have good aim mechanics in Halo 1-4 on the MCC. Copy paste that and you’re done.
>
> P.S. In infinite the minimum is 1 on the acceleration. You can’t turn it off. When I max the acceleration out to 5 it makes my issue exacerbated, so I’m quite certain that’s the setting that -Yoinks!- me and there’s no workaround for it.

There is no setting for it becuase the value is “baked in” to the programing, the point I’m making is you can now adjust the aim acceleration to make it feel more in line with other games

I actually agree with you on your second point
Give me Halo 3’s aiming system, tone down the AA and BM a tad from it and bingo, IMO you’ve got a winner

Like I said, H3’s baked in Aim acceleration value was 3, so I;m not sure what turing aim acceleration off has to do with our argument
before H5 the Aim Accelration values were baked in and not adjustable

> 2533274816803169;17:
> > 2533274887613159;13:
> > > 2533274816803169;11:
> > > > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > > > >
> > > > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> > > >
> > > > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > > > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > > > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> > > >
> > > > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
> > >
> > > I mean when you frame your response with prefaces like “overwhelming bullet magnetism” you immediately take away from my personal skill that I cultivated. You cant blame me and others for taking offense.
> > >
> > > H4 gunplay magnetisms feel better than in Infinite, and im not just talking about the AA. The process of aiming is better, the weapons look cleaner, the sprint even feels cleaner. I mean it when I say that if H4 had clamber and slide that would be my favorite FPS. The bullet magnetism isnt “oh my god its OVERWHELMING ME” (lol)
> > >
> > > Seeing as how halo 4 has had a longer shelf life than Halo 5 then I think the direction for which they should head is clear.
> > >
> > > H5 had bullet magnetism on par with Halo Infinite, actually from what im reading on the forums its pretty much the same mechanic. As we both know, Halo 5 is barely even seen as a Halo game by the wider community
> >
> > regarless halo 4 is still just halo with call of duty so it kind of makes youre stance irrelvant in a halo thread.
> >
> > 343 admitted they just coppied cod for halo 4
> > killcams
> > loadouts
> > killstreaks
> > etc
> >
> > but to your other point halo infinte has a ton of settings to fine tune how aiming feels. So in reality its wayyyyy better than “aim assist halo 4”
> >
> > Also infinte feels like 3 with upgrades. meaning it feels like an actual halo game and 4 is again call of halo
>
> “Youre right but Halo 4 is Call of Duty so therefore you cant bring up Halo 4 in a Halo forum” lol, okay buddy. Its not like halo 5 was dead on arrival or tried mechanisms from CoD
>
> Love this response, its peak HaloWaypoint

halo 5 was whack too… why you think infinte isnt using halo 5 mechanics???

> 2533274832130936;16:
> > 2533274816803169;11:
> > > 2533274832130936;7:
> > > > 2533274816803169;4:
> > > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > > 2533274816803169;1:
> > > > > >
> > > >
> > > > The game is definitely not playing for me, In 4 the aim assist just works better, but it still requires you to stay on target. You can strafe your way out of plenty of 2 v 1’s and if the aim assist was really prominent to the point that its “doing the gaming for you” I dont think strafing would be as viable in 4 as it is now
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4 doesnt play for anyone, the gunplay is actually just way smoother in 4 than it is in this twitch fest of a multiplayer they have now
> > > >
> > > > im just happy because no matter what ill have Halo 4 to fall back on if 343 wants to continue to cater to sweatlords with the aiming mechanisms they have in place now, so c’est la vie
> > >
> > > The insane amount of Bullet Magnetism and Aim Assist that H4 had is exactly what make sit feel “better” to you
> > > I’m sorry there’s just no way around this
> > > You are used to having games with high BM and AA (H4 and H5) and are having difficulty adjusting to infinites low BM and AA
> > >
> > > This isin’t a dig at you, or anyone else for that matter, its going to be a learning curve and an adjustment for the vas majority of players
> >
> > I mean when you frame your response with prefaces like “overwhelming bullet magnetism” you immediately take away from my personal skill that I cultivated. You cant blame me and others for taking offense.
> >
> > H4 gunplay magnetisms feel better than in Infinite, and im not just talking about the AA. The process of aiming is better, the weapons look cleaner, the sprint even feels cleaner. I mean it when I say that if H4 had clamber and slide that would be my favorite FPS. The bullet magnetism isnt “oh my god its OVERWHELMING ME” (lol)
> >
> > Seeing as how halo 4 has had a longer shelf life than Halo 5 then I think the direction for which they should head is clear.
> >
> > H5 had bullet magnetism on par with Halo Infinite, actually from what im reading on the forums its pretty much the same mechanic. As we both know, Halo 5
>
> Neither you, nor mine, nor anyone elses personal skill has anything to do with a baked in mechanic that originates from an algorithm
> AA in H4 has a preset value, That value is high Higher than H:R, higher than H3.
> your skill…had nothign to do with this.
>
> The process of aiming mechanically is the same, you move analouge sticks and your avatar on screen reacts to those twitchs and movements
> The muscle memory you have from playing games like H4 and H5 is what is gvin gyou issues adjusting to the aiming system in infinite
>
> H4 (and I can’t believe I’m defending H5) did not have a longer shelf life.
> In fact H4 lost approx 80% of its online population in just 6 months
> Here is a pretty good break down of H4’s populationH5 doesn’t have the same amount of Bullet Magnetism as Infinite, if it did, you wouldn’t be experiencing these issues you say you are because the projectiles would be literally curving towards your opponent which is what bullet magnetism is designed to do

Right but you said earlier bullet magnetism only affects your bullet if you have a red reticle and im asking you how do you think aiming SHOULD work

if the reticle turning red isnt an indication of more reliable shots then what should be, because I think what youre suggesting is either bullet drop-off or bullets that are actual projectiles so if you could elaborate more that would be very helpful to understand your point

because at this point all ive read is “Bullet magnetism shouldnt bullet magnetism even though other mechanics in the game indicate when is the best distance to place a shot”