Aiming feels off.

Have they ninja patched the aim settings? Games feel like I am aiming underwater, sluggish & slow.

I haven’t noticed any change, but I’ve seen other people complaining about the same thing today so its possible

> 2535451304621340;1:
> Have they ninja patched the aim settings? Games feel like I am aiming underwater, sluggish & slow.

You’re not alone, I feel the same it’s awful.

> 2535451304621340;1:
> Games feel like I am aiming underwater, sluggish & slow.

Sure you’re not just playing on Fathom? :slight_smile:
Seriously though I’m finding things odd as well tonight.

There are several threads on this topic. At least, there have been several. Out of curiosity what is your acceleration set at? I noticed earlier today lowering it seemed to improve things. I’m not sure why as I don’t normally apply full input for any aiming adjustments, so the accel shouldn’t be a factor. Nonetheless…

I cant miss even if i tried

Not only is the aiming off, hit registration is screwy. When I shoot a player running away from me and drop his shields only to have them stop, turn and then we exchange melees I die even though I have FULL shields AND a spartan charge since I’m still running at them—WTF??? Also, I keep losing kills by not registering on my score, when I get the kill it says the usual “x killed y” but then, my score remains the same?? again - WTF? This is not a kill steal since no one else is around, and I look and see that I got the kill but then my score total doesn’t change. Arghh…

It’s frustrating enough trying to play within the confines of defined rules and game physics, but intolerably frustrating when there seems to be no consistency in which the game operates. It’s then just a crap shoot—literally!

That’s why so many people just run around all the time slamming into you and spraying the AR from far across the map and end up #1 in FFA or Slayer. When the hit registration and aiming are inconsistent, precision shooting just doesn’t matter—spraying hundreds of shots to increase the statistical probability of some hits being registered vs. 5 good head shots with the Magnum but having 1 or 2 not register. Does not make sense.

Time to quit and go to bed! Bit of a rant, sorry…

> 2535451304621340;1:
> Have they ninja patched the aim settings? Games feel like I am aiming underwater, sluggish & slow.

I didn’t notice at first but after playing several games, I completely agree with you. SOMETHING is different.

It seems inconsistent, I have to keep adjusting my sensitivity and acceleration up and down depending on how responsive the aiming is at the time, I played a few games just now and had to use the SMG because the reticle was just skipping over opponents heads and shots weren’t counting.
It is rare but sometimes I have great games and can’t miss, just smooth fast movement and responsive aiming, but most of the time Its like I’m wrestling the sticks, it moves so slow.
i personally think it has a fair bit to do with lag issues but it could also be my controller needing replacing maybe. Also, I never had to adjust my sensitivity and acceleration until this March update but I don’t know if they made changes to aiming in that update or not.
gets very frustraiting when you can only hit 2 of 5 pistol shots yet opponents kill you accross map in 5 shots.

It takes me a couple games to get my aim straight other than that im alright.