Aim is broken

Aiming is completely broken, no matter what. Every game my aiming feels different and odd. What can i do to make it the same as halo 2 and halo 3 aiming? because that was perfect. Why did 343 decide to make the aiming different from them?

Someone tell me exact settings of halo 2/3 aiming please?

> 2535455074887117;1:
> Aiming is completely broken, no matter what. Every game my aiming feels different and odd. What can i do to make it the same as halo 2 and halo 3 aiming? because that was perfect. Why did 343 decide to make the aiming different from them?
>
> Someone tell me exact settings of halo 2/3 aiming please?

Sensitivity: 3
Look Acceleration: 2
Inner Deadzone: 0%

Thats what feels the best to me.
Edit: Also, dont keep switching settings around every match. Play with the same settings for at least like a half hour. Let them grow on you.

It’s not broken it’s just harder to aim.

The aiming is for “pros” now. I think you are screwed. :wink:

If you had an easier time aiming in the beta set your look sensitivity to 2

I found the following worked best for me

Aim sensitivity 3
Look sensitivity 2
inner deadzone 0%
Outter deadzone 0%

It seems fine to me, after the update it was even better because I can fine tune it now.

I tried all you have posted, nothing seems right.

> 2535455074887117;7:
> I tried all you have posted, nothing seems right.

That in of itself may be the problem

You need to go into a custom game, tweak the settings, find some semi-comfortable and then play with that setting for 10-20 games

If you’re constantly changing the settings you won’t be getting used to the way the game aims
You need to stick with one setting, become acclimatised to that setting and then make small tweaks here and there

Maybe even put look sensitivity to 1 to begin with, slow everything right down and move up from there

> 2533274832130936;8:
> > 2535455074887117;7:
> > I tried all you have posted, nothing seems right.
>
>
> That in of itself may be the problem
>
> You need to go into a custom game, tweak the settings, find some semi-comfortable and then play with that setting for 10-20 games
>
> If you’re constantly changing the settings you won’t be getting used to the way the game aims
> You need to stick with one setting, become acclimatised to that setting and then make small tweaks here and there
>
> Maybe even put look sensitivity to 1 to begin with, slow everything right down and move up from there

Lol, what i meant was, that every setting i try, isnt similar to halo 3 aiming which is what i want but doesnt seem like 343 is going to allow that

Elite controller > go to sticks menu > set left/right stick to “smooth” = Aiming fixed.

Kinda sad how they can’t just fix it in the game though.

They literally just fixed it. Just turn acceleration to 1.

> 2535455074887117;9:
> > 2533274832130936;8:
> > > 2535455074887117;7:
> > > I tried all you have posted, nothing seems right.
> >
> >
> > That in of itself may be the problem
> >
> > You need to go into a custom game, tweak the settings, find some semi-comfortable and then play with that setting for 10-20 games
> >
> > If you’re constantly changing the settings you won’t be getting used to the way the game aims
> > You need to stick with one setting, become acclimatised to that setting and then make small tweaks here and there
> >
> > Maybe even put look sensitivity to 1 to begin with, slow everything right down and move up from there
>
>
> Lol, what i meant was, that every setting i try, isnt similar to halo 3 aiming which is what i want but doesnt seem like 343 is going to allow that

It’s not going to feel just like H3. You just gotta get somewhere decently comfortable and stick with for a few days. It takes a little while, but you’ll adjust and pretty soon won’t think anything of it.

OP, I think what you need to do first is to accept the very fact that this is not Halo 2/3.

From there, maybe you can try some of the suggestions here and find out what’s best for you. Like others have said, choose a setting that seems right for you and stick to it for a while, 10 games at least. Then make some tweaks here and there and stick to it for another 10 games, rinse and repeat until you find the best setting.

Good luck.

Personally I think that this game has very good aiming controls.

I have AA at 5
Deadzones at 0%
Sensitivity at 6

From my understanding, I feel like there’s less auto aim because I tend to aim past people sometimes when turning left or right.

Blame the Pro Team. Beta was perfect to me.