Aim/button layout

Don’t know if a post has been made about this but I’d really like to know if this games aim is similar of classic halo or halo 5? Halo 5 for me is painful for casual play, the skill gap is absolutely insane and that’s somewhat due to the pros recommending button jumper (which I can’t get a grip of since i bounce between so many games) default on the game puts you at such a disadvantage with movement and shot accuracy that it’s not even worth trying if you haven’t got the time to train muscle memory. With classic halos i can play well without the worry of the button mapping, even apex legends I can map my buttons, but halo 5 man I can go on and on. Sorry for the long rant lol.

Do you play classic Halo with claw?

Because otherwise I don’t understand how you can be at a disadvantage on Halo 5 and not every other Halo game as well.

Bumper Jumper is essential if you don’t play claw. I forgot that is something I use which gives me a huge advantage over normal players as it’s so routine now. For every online game and a bunch of single player games I map LB to jump.

Weirdly enough I played Returnal recently and everyone said to map jump to LB but that felt unnatural to me. I couldn’t get used to it and kept pressing A to jump as I’d been playing it with A for so long. I had to change the controls back to default.

For Halo it took me a while to get used to bumper Jumper but now every time I come back it feels natural. Honestly it will be awful for a while but I promise after a night or two of using it will be second nature when you play Halo and you’ll be crushing it in no time.

I’ve made a few friends convert over the years and they always want to switch back initially but now they love bumper jumper.

Also I think Halo 5 is painful for casual play because only hardcore vets are still playing it. If there was a larger community the games wouldn’t be as intense.

For casual play Recon is probably the setting most comfortable for all games and let’s you easily switch between them. For a more competitive approach bumper jumper is worth getting used to as Ken stated.
Also realise that aiming in H5 is quite harder then the previous halo’s because of less aim assist and more magnetism, a part from the fact that a big part of the current player base are grinders or competitive gamers so that’s not very forgiving either.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> Do you play classic Halo with claw?
>
> Because otherwise I don’t understand how you can be at a disadvantage on Halo 5 and not every other Halo game as well.
>
> Bumper Jumper is essential if you don’t play claw. I forgot that is something I use which gives me a huge advantage over normal players as it’s so routine now. For every online game and a bunch of single player games I map LB to jump.
>
> Weirdly enough I played Returnal recently and everyone said to map jump to LB but that felt unnatural to me. I couldn’t get used to it and kept pressing A to jump as I’d been playing it with A for so long. I had to change the controls back to default.
>
> For Halo it took me a while to get used to bumper Jumper but now every time I come back it feels natural. Honestly it will be awful for a while but I promise after a night or two of using it will be second nature when you play Halo and you’ll be crushing it in no time.
>
> I’ve made a few friends convert over the years and they always want to switch back initially but now they love bumper jumper.
>
> Also I think Halo 5 is painful for casual play because only hardcore vets are still playing it. If there was a larger community the games wouldn’t be as intense.

Yeah man been classic since i was a kid haha. It’s cos I jump between so many games and I’ve just got use to muscle memory over the years and can still put up a good fight In the originals. Idk I’ve tried to get into bumper jump on halo 5 just something always threw me off with sprint being on A. I appreciate the advice tho dude. Just hoping the new halo isn’t a situation of “this is the meta use this or it’s pointless”

> 2535422212492174;3:
> For casual play Recon is probably the setting most comfortable for all games and let’s you easily switch between them. For a more competitive approach bumper jumper is worth getting used to as Ken stated.
> Also realise that aiming in H5 is quite harder then the previous halo’s because of less aim assist and more magnetism, a part from the fact that a big part of the current player base are grinders or competitive gamers so that’s not very forgiving either.

Tell me about it man, these players are doing the most. Like I’m not even trying to play competitive like that, just too busy else where lol. But if they balance the controls for infinite where i can still do bits without having the stress about the meta it will be a perfect scenario for someone like me.

As a long time Halo player, Halo 5’s default controls are what I’ve come to happily use as I’ve become extremely comfortable with it. And not only within Halo 5, but essentially all of the FPS titles that I invest time into. A big part of the reason is because of just how well those controls cross over to, and mesh with, a plethora of FPS titles.

While like you say with that setting choice (H5 default) it’s basically impossible to incorporate high level mobility techniques in Halo 5, but nevertheless I’m still able to remain competitive enough within my general skill level to find acceptable enjoyment with my gameplay results. In other words, I’m just not really motivated to excel at the highest level possible given that it requires me to build muscle memory around a control scheme that’s more or less specific to Halo. Instead, I’d rather excel under a lower skill ceiling where I’m able to find quick comfort with the control scheme amongst a wide variety of FPS titles.

Sadly, this has become a massive hinderance to my enjoyment with past Halo titles within the MCC. It’s why I’ve been pestering the devs to incorporate a wider variety of control scheme options and settings since day 1 of the overhaul process. I’d love for them to implement options into the MCC that’d allow me to mimic the Halo 5 default setup naturally. I hate having to Frankenstein a setup through the Xbox Accessories App to get it as close as possible – which unfortunately still leaves a lot to be desired from a comfort perspective due to the natural limitations of how the old control schemes were designed.

I wanna say that I read somewhere months ago that 343 already confirmed fully customizable controls (not just for KB/M but also for controller) were coming to Infinite, but I’m not sure where I read that.

I sure wouldn’t protest, don’t understand why we don’t already have this. I suffer from pretty nasty gamer’s thumb in my left hand (don’t get old folks) and it’s MUCH more comfortable for me to put sprint on something other than clicking LS, but like eLantern said in order to customize that, I have to play around with the Xbox Accessories app, which is better than nothing, but more annoying than if I could just create one custom scheme in game, save it and then never have to change it again.

(On a side note I’m also hoping Infinite will have an auto-sprint option like many modern shooters do, i.e. just push the stick all the way forward to sprint, no button needed to start the sprint animation.)

I switched to left trigger zoom/Halo 5 standard, after playing far too much COD for a few months, and it’s just the most natural to me now. Stick zooming = far too complicated of what should be an automatic move for Spartans.

Alas, bumper jumper is beyond me - which means I’ll never hit Onyx, but I’m ok with that because the overall feel is more fun for me.