Aim Assist

Can anyone tell me why I can be more than competent in Halo 4, with AR, BR or DMR, but when I pick up the AR in the beta, not only can I not kill the target, I can’t even hit it? I tried a few experiments with aim assist (AR and pistol) and enemies moving in front of me seemed not to nudge my weapon at all. Does this mean there is no aim assist or am I doing something wrong? How can the AR feel so completely and utterly different from Halo 4’s AR, and seem, to me at least, completely unusable? Am I just not giving myself enough time to get used to it?

WTF???

Aiming definitely feels less forgiving now than in Halo 4. Therefore, you should probably be more mindful of how you’re using the AR (ie. watch the bloom and how you’re tracking the target.) I haven’t had any particular problems getting weapons to simply work but there’s definitely more room now to miss (however it is you’re going about it.)

There is very little aim assist in Halo 5, so it’s not just you. It’s similar to CE in that it’s more of a PC style aim assist: almost non-existent. That’s good IMO because it widens the skill gap and makes it more competitive. You’ll get used to it over time, I promise :slight_smile:

> 2533274883561809;3:
> There is very little aim assist in Halo 5, so it’s not just you. It’s similar to CE in that it’s more of a PC style aim assist: almost non-existent. That’s good IMO because it widens the skill gap and makes it more competitive. You’ll get used to it over time, I promise :slight_smile:

I’m sure that I probably could get used to it (given a LOT of time) - the question is, do I want to? I’ve been on board with Halo since the beginning, and I’d like to stay on, but the harder they make basic game mechanics, the more they ensure that only teenagers have the hand-eye coordination and reflexes to play the game. Or so it seems to me. I really want to go back into the beta, but the frustration was just way too high.

And thanks for confirmation on the lack of assist. I was afraid I was just going crazy.

Less aim assist is fine by me.

That said, there’s a part of me feeling like there’s slight hit detection or connection issues.

BR, DMR and Pistol don’t always seem to connect like they should.

It takes more skill now lol, dude are you trolling?

> 2533274883561809;3:
> There is very little aim assist in Halo 5, so it’s not just you. It’s similar to CE in that it’s more of a PC style aim assist: almost non-existent. That’s good IMO because it widens the skill gap and makes it more competitive. You’ll get used to it over time, I promise :slight_smile:

Actually on PC games there is no aim assist at all because the mouse is pinpoint accurate.

> 2533274873843883;4:
> > 2533274883561809;3:
> > There is very little aim assist in Halo 5, so it’s not just you. It’s similar to CE in that it’s more of a PC style aim assist: almost non-existent. That’s good IMO because it widens the skill gap and makes it more competitive. You’ll get used to it over time, I promise :slight_smile:
>
>
>
> I’m sure that I probably could get used to it (given a LOT of time) - the question is, do I want to? I’ve been on board with Halo since the beginning, and I’d like to stay on, but the harder they make basic game mechanics, the more they ensure that only teenagers have the hand-eye coordination and reflexes to play the game. Or so it seems to me. I really want to go back into the beta, but the frustration was just way too high.
>
> And thanks for confirmation on the lack of assist. I was afraid I was just going crazy.

Really OP? Sounds like complaining just because its now much harder to aim. It has nothing to do with age (age =/= skill) which sounds like nothing more than whining about having to actually possess skill to hit your target.

Rather than viewing the change in such a self-centered, narrowminded way, perhaps you should think of the reasoning for this change:

343 are marketing the game as a skill-based, esport friendly shooter. Tougher aiming means more interesting fights at the competitive level. The difficulty of aiming is still easier than in Halo 3 and Halo CE, so it’s not like we haven’t seen this before. 343 are trying to bring back the concept of individual skill which has been lost in Halo since Reach.

I know its jarring and perhaps frustrating at first to have to actually focus on your shots, especially since the ludicrous amount of auto aim in recent Halos. However, your post seems nothing more than complaining that the game no longer offers you easy kills. Aiming is once again a skill that must be honed which deepens the skill gap. The change is meant to reward players with a steady hand - which is completely fair. OP, to you I suggest you keep practicing rather than coming on here and complaining in a self-centric manner, trying to change the game so that it caters to unskilled play.