Aim Assist Waaaay too high!

343 was listening when yall complained about low assist in the first flight (i didn’t get in). In the second flight the aim assist is waaaaaaaay too high on moving targets. If anyone goes across my screen in a horizontal fashion then my reticle is going to follow them all the way to Sanghelios. Call me old fashion but I don’t appreciate my reticle being moved without my input, let alone dragged literally inches.

Please for the love of 117, give me the option to turn it off. I am enjoying all the amazing new weapons but the experience has been soured because of this. When scoped I feel like my character is doing a 45° turn to follow targets that I’m not trying to aim at.

It’s enormously frustrating to be so close to perfect with infinite then have a core part of gameplay(aiming) be absolutely ruined.

Update: my hyperbolic sleep deprived rant aside, the hipfire aim assist isn’t too bad on most guns but still a bit too high. MCC had too much as well bc the games were originally made for 30fps so playing them in 60fps makes it much more obvious.
Scoped in aim assist is a whole different story. Quick scoping whith snipers for example is way to easy at most ranges. Most Importantly, who would actually want their aim pulled off their target because somone else walks by? Surely they can give some bullet magnetism or reticle slow to help those who need it, but aggressive (or any) amount of sticky/ self moving reticles is unnecessary and experience ruining.

I haven’t played yet but Is it as high as H3s and other MCC halos. And ps idk if you turn aim assist off you wouldn’t be able to hit anything

> 2535431951485053;2:
> I haven’t played yet but Is it as high as H3s and other MCC halos. And ps idk if you turn aim assist off you wouldn’t be able to hit anything

It feels about on par with Halo 3 and Reach. I do get what the OP is saying, though, as even in those games there are times when the aim assist feels a little sticky.

Dang, they increased aim assist? More drastic changes favoring casual gameplay after 1 “beta” weekend of bots? My hopes for this game are dwindling fast. :frowning:

> 2533274930888284;1:
> 343 was listening when yall complained about low assist in the first flight (i didn’t get in). In the second flight the aim assist is waaaaaaaay too high on moving targets. If anyone goes across my screen in a horizontal fashion then my reticle is going to follow them all the way to Sanghelios. Call me old fashion but I don’t appreciate my reticle being moved without my input, let alone dragged literally inches.
>
> Please for the love of 117, give me the option to turn it off. I am enjoying all the amazing new weapons but the experience has been soured because of this. When scoped I feel like my character is doing a 45° turn to follow targets that I’m not trying to aim at.
>
> It’s enormously frustrating to be so close to perfect with infinite then have a core part of gameplay(aiming) be absolutely ruined.

Are you playing on console or Pc mate?

It feels like Halo 3.

The aim assist feels fine, the game is actually playable on Xbox One F now. You’re also exaggerating about the aim stick with the reticle. The reticle sticks on the target direcrly in front of you but they can easily walk 1 foot away and itll lose focus.
Also don’t know why anyone would call you old fashioned since every halo has had aim assist, even CE where aiming on a target will move your x axis to adjust on target.
It feels fine the way it is, the commando, sniper and skewer still have a massive skill gap if you’re into that. Especially when you zoom in on weapons it feels super wonky on controller.
You also didn’t experience the first flights low aim assist so you can’t really say that people complained when it was justified. Could barely stay on target with the sidekick on a target 10 feet away which made no sense coming from the pistol meta in halo 5 where good players never miss.

Nah, the AA feels like it was in H3 it’s fine, not overly sticky. However the Commando is complete dog water even with it.

can barely feel the aim assist at all. in fact i had to triple check it was on at all. coming from mcc, it is very obviously a lot less than that

Idk what you guys are smoking who say it feels like halo 3, it feels basically like the first flight but with tighter aim assist for the sniper and skewer, still feels like total rubbish to aim anything. The OP’s comments on this are so hyperbolic its insane, there is basically 0 aim assist still.

> 2533274809405812;9:
> can barely feel the aim assist at all. in fact i had to triple check it was on at all. coming from mcc, it is very obviously a lot less than that

Lmao same bro!

The Sidekick beyond mid range might as well be a grav hammer for me. I do agree it shouldn’t be easy long range as makes Sandbox better and btb will be more fun as a result. The only issue is kbm players will have a very easy time with the same weapon.

Definitely against high aim assist

I’m also against high aim assist. Currently waiting in queue for matchmaking kickoff, but I played every Tier 1 weapon drill just as a quick intro for myself. I don’t have anything for comparison besides older Halo games. To me, the aim assist does feel a bit tight. I’m more of an advocate for no aim assist at all by default such as with games like Splitgate. The average player will just have to adapt. Gaming isn’t meant to be easy. Like anything else in life it takes time and practice. With all of that in mind, I don’t think aim assist is necessary for any game and I actually advocate for it to not be added at all or at the very least for it to be optional.

> 2533274884198112;13:
> I’m more of an advocate for no aim assist at all by default such as with games like Splitgate.

Splitgate has huge amounts of aim assist lmao.

> 2533274792264557;5:
> > 2533274930888284;1:
> > 343 was listening when yall complained about low assist in the first flight (i didn’t get in). In the second flight the aim assist is waaaaaaaay too high on moving targets. If anyone goes across my screen in a horizontal fashion then my reticle is going to follow them all the way to Sanghelios. Call me old fashion but I don’t appreciate my reticle being moved without my input, let alone dragged literally inches.
> >
> > Please for the love of 117, give me the option to turn it off. I am enjoying all the amazing new weapons but the experience has been soured because of this. When scoped I feel like my character is doing a 45° turn to follow targets that I’m not trying to aim at.
> >
> > It’s enormously frustrating to be so close to perfect with infinite then have a core part of gameplay(aiming) be absolutely ruined.
>
> Are you playing on console or Pc mate?

series x

> 2535431951485053;2:
> I haven’t played yet but Is it as high as H3s and other MCC halos. And ps idk if you turn aim assist off you wouldn’t be able to hit anything

I turned of aim assist with a skull on the older games and do fine. i would rather be at a disadvantagd than have the game play for me

> 2533274892901745;3:
> > 2535431951485053;2:
> > I haven’t played yet but Is it as high as H3s and other MCC halos. And ps idk if you turn aim assist off you wouldn’t be able to hit anything
>
> It feels about on par with Halo 3 and Reach. I do get what the OP is saying, though, as even in those games there are times when the aim assist feels a little sticky.

I layed it on thick lol. hip fire aim assist isn’t too bad but scoped in is a whole different story.

> 2533274834259027;4:
> Dang, they increased aim assist? More drastic changes favoring casual gameplay after 1 “beta” weekend of bots? My hopes for this game are dwindling fast. :frowning:

Can’t tell if this is a troll or 1 of the worst takes in a while :joy:

> 2533274874194954;8:
> Nah, the AA feels like it was in H3 it’s fine, not overly sticky. However the Commando is complete dog water even with it.

Haha that’s my new favorite gun. absolute laser!

I was just coming on here to ask if there was any aim assist at all. I’ve been playing Halo for almost 20 years and have never played a game with less aim assist, it literally feels like trying to shoot teammates.