Aim Assist Toggle

There have been frequent moments when I’m about to take out an opponent or A.I. in game, one shot away, and another enemy runs accross pulling my sight off of my intended target. This happens in both Multiplayer and Story mode.

I sympathize. This has been a regular occurence for me for the entirety of Halo. But I still believe the benefits outweigh the negatives. If you do away with aim assist you will have a game with a such a steep learning curve that you virtually bar entry to anyone who isn’t an OCD teenager, and you create a skill gap so wide that most people will just quit and move on to Call of Duty. If they haven’t already.

Yea just try shooting a friend on the same team in customs. No aim assist drastically changes ones outlook on what being good is

> 2533274825555965;1:
> There have been frequent moments when I’m about to take out an opponent or A.I. in game, one shot away, and another enemy runs accross pulling my sight off of my intended target. This happens in both Multiplayer and Story mode.

Aim assist throwing off your aim when someone runs past the guy you are fighting has been a bug (or a feature) as long as Halo has been out.

I could do without aim assist. It’s simple. You hit what you aim at. If your aim is off you miss. Aim assist just dumbs down the game for everyone! But it’s gotta be accessible for new players right?!

> 2533274807278095;5:
> I could do without aim assist. It’s simple. You hit what you aim at. If your aim is off you miss. Aim assist just dumbs down the game for everyone! But it’s gotta be accessible for new players right?!

Agreed!

> 2533274964259220;4:
> > 2533274825555965;1:
> > There have been frequent moments when I’m about to take out an opponent or A.I. in game, one shot away, and another enemy runs accross pulling my sight off of my intended target. This happens in both Multiplayer and Story mode.
>
>
> Aim assist throwing off your aim when someone runs past the guy you are fighting has been a bug (or a feature) as long as Halo has been out.

Well if its bug, it’d be good to push this through to get noticed by 343. If it isn’t, well let’s still get this noticed.

> 2533274881086487;3:
> Yea just try shooting a friend on the same team in customs. No aim assist drastically changes ones outlook on what being good is

Oh man, ain’t that the truth!

> 2533274873843883;2:
> I sympathize. This has been a regular occurence for me for the entirety of Halo. But I still believe the benefits outweigh the negatives. If you do away with aim assist you will have a game with a such a steep learning curve that you virtually bar entry to anyone who isn’t an OCD teenager, and you create a skill gap so wide that most people will just quit and move on to Call of Duty. If they haven’t already.

I not saying this is the worst thing and must be fixed immediately. I would just like the option available. There’s already skill gap in play with the search preferences, which obviously fail miserably in both warzone and arena. I want to shoot at set target without the game mechanics attempting to help me shoot at someone else I don’t want to shoot. Plus, I’d be somewhat surprised if they went to or back to COD with as much flak it’s been receiving.