Aim Assist needs a buff! Not a huge one but still

> 2533274905541250;20:
> It has the perfect amount of aim assist.

Agreed. I did weapon drills with the snip and it became cake. now the maps werent great for sniping but thats fine. Like people are really saying the avk78 was hard to aim with just cant aim well.

> 2533274887613159;15:
> > 2533274848663644;13:
> > > 2533274887613159;5:
> > > > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> > > >
> > > > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> > > >
> > > > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> > > >
> > > > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> > > >
> > > > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
> > >
> > > You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz
> >
> > You wild to think that the average PC player has a powerful enough setup to take full advantage of a 360hz monitor, that still aren’t really a common place yet.
> > Especially with the chip shortage for GPUs. Unless you think the average PC player has 2 grand put aside for an Ebay GPU and a 360hz monitor.
>
> So all the pc players with high spec pc’s before the gpu shortage… did their gpus just disappear? Just because theres a shortage now doesnt mean there was always one.

My statement still stands. Do you think the average PC player really has the new AMD gpus or a 30 series at least 70 and up. Or I guess thats the average player, the few people that got them before the scalpers

I strongly disagree I think the aim assist is about perfect, I think once the framerate improves and you get your sensitivity right everything should feel good. In the next flight I recommend turning off deadzones if you use controller and upping your FOV, that made the aiming feel a lot smoother for me.

> 2533274848663644;22:
> > 2533274887613159;15:
> > > 2533274848663644;13:
> > > > 2533274887613159;5:
> > > > > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > > > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > > > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> > > > >
> > > > > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> > > > >
> > > > > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> > > > >
> > > > > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> > > > >
> > > > > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
> > > >
> > > > You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz
> > >
> > > You wild to think that the average PC player has a powerful enough setup to take full advantage of a 360hz monitor, that still aren’t really a common place yet.
> > > Especially with the chip shortage for GPUs. Unless you think the average PC player has 2 grand put aside for an Ebay GPU and a 360hz monitor.
> >
> > So all the pc players with high spec pc’s before the gpu shortage… did their gpus just disappear? Just because theres a shortage now doesnt mean there was always one.
>
> My statement still stands. Do you think the average PC player really has the new AMD gpus or a 30 series at least 70 and up. Or I guess thats the average player, the few people that got them before the scalpers

You don’t need those to run faster than xbox series x. You can downgrade graphics to easily perform better than console with a 20 series gpu.

> 2533274953121424;24:
> I strongly disagree I think the aim assist is about perfect, I think once the framerate improves and you get your sensitivity right everything should feel good. In the next flight I recommend turning off deadzones if you use controller and upping your FOV, that made the aiming feel a lot smoother for me.

Exactly I think people just don’t want to learn to aim. They also arent realizing theres like 50 aim sliders to get that sweet spot and when i found it I was getting 20 kills a game.

I’m pretty ignorant in these matters (pc gamer) but have you considered using pc peripherals?

> 2533274848663644;13:
> > 2533274887613159;5:
> > > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> > >
> > > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> > >
> > > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> > >
> > > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> > >
> > > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
> >
> > You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz
>
> You wild to think that the average PC player has a powerful enough setup to take full advantage of a 360hz monitor, that still aren’t really a common place yet.
> Especially with the chip shortage for GPUs. Unless you think the average PC player has 2 grand put aside for an Ebay GPU and a 360hz monitor.

Yeah, framerate’s not the problem. Halo is a square shooter. It has as much vertical shooting angles as its horizontal ones, with relatively high jumps and consistent running speed. Everything about the maps are deliberate. Sprinting, climbing and sliding are “bad” for Halo because it exposes the limitation of the controller: aim. More aim assist might help console players click heads better, sure. But it will also take away player engagement. Hits will feel less deserved, less fun. You also can’t take away the new movement mechanics because they’re a natural step in shooter evolution.

What you can replace/improve though is the controller. Xbox should implement gyro aim assist.
Edit:grmmr

> 2533274876991706;1:
> Its really that simple but we need this message to reach 343!
> A slight controller aim assist buff would be a big help. We play with an inherently inferior aiming tool, this is the whole point of aim assist. I want to be able to use that sniper too!

Hell NOOOOOO HELL NOOO !

Sticky aim is already to strong and bullet bending is already at the edge of ridiculous … I am sorry my man but have you tested the aim assist ? Have you realise that on average we saw a 15% to 20% greater accuracy stats for players using a controlers over MKB in the tech test ? My friends using controlers were on average getting 50 to 60% accuracy stats while MKB players were hitting a 38-47 % ???

DO you know that with the BR you can hit target over 2 feet away off both side of the target and 1 feet+ over head ? wich literally mean you have a 7 feet x 6 feet windows to get hits wich is totally insane already ? If anything Aim assist and bullet bending should be reduced NOT BUFF … Iam really tired of peoples asking to have integreated aimbots in game so they can pretend to be better than they are … True aiming and true skills require practice and dedication , if you aint good but want to be good practice make perfect my man ! Or accept the way you are and enjoy winning and loosing some and find a playstyle that suits you instead of asking for MORE AIMBOTTING in game features
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQDnb_F0Ig Here you can see the proofs that Aim assist is already brokenly strong

Halo infinite bullet bending / aim assist is ridiculous Learn to Aim peoples ! - YouTube And here you can see the BR is already broken and insanely strong with a hitbox larget than a freaking car !

> 2533274792075066;28:
> Sticky aim is already to strong and bullet bending is already at the edge of ridiculous … I am sorry my man but have you tested the aim assist ? Have you realise that on average we saw a 15% to 20% greater accuracy stats for players using a controlers over MKB in the tech test ? My friends using controlers were on average getting 50 to 60% accuracy stats while MKB players were hitting a 38-47 % ???

I wouldn’t put much stock on those numbers. Unless you’re running an enthusiast end borderline super computer you weren’t getting much more than 70-90 FPS in the flight. No one has good Mouse aim at those frame rates. I had to swap to Overwatch a couple of times to remind myself that I do still have good aim.

But yes the BR in particular is hilariously over tuned, insane bullet magnetism for all and heavy sticky crosshair assist on Controller. Even at my garbage framerate I was killing with 5 shots at most on Mouse.

> 2533274887613159;18:
> Honestly no aim assist was a great learning curve on this flight. I went from trash day one to perfections and average 20 kill games by the end. We had no aim assist… Well… Learn how to aim differently. That’s what halo is.

I turned off aim assist on PC and honestly thought it felt better. Idk why

> 2533274792075066;28:
> > 2533274876991706;1:
> > Its really that simple but we need this message to reach 343!
> > A slight controller aim assist buff would be a big help. We play with an inherently inferior aiming tool, this is the whole point of aim assist. I want to be able to use that sniper too!
>
> Hell NOOOOOO HELL NOOO !
>
> Sticky aim is already to strong and bullet bending is already at the edge of ridiculous … I am sorry my man but have you tested the aim assist ? Have you realise that on average we saw a 15% to 20% greater accuracy stats for players using a controlers over MKB in the tech test ? My friends using controlers were on average getting 50 to 60% accuracy stats while MKB players were hitting a 38-47 % ???
>
> DO you know that with the BR you can hit target over 2 feet away off both side of the target and 1 feet+ over head ? wich literally mean you have a 7 feet x 6 feet windows to get hits wich is totally insane already ? If anything Aim assist and bullet bending should be reduced NOT BUFF … Iam really tired of peoples asking to have integreated aimbots in game so they can pretend to be better than they are … True aiming and true skills require practice and dedication , if you aint good but want to be good practice make perfect my man ! Or accept the way you are and enjoy winning and loosing some and find a playstyle that suits you instead of asking for MORE AIMBOTTING in game features
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQDnb_F0Ig Here you can see the proofs that Aim assist is already brokenly strong
>
> Halo infinite bullet bending / aim assist is ridiculous Learn to Aim peoples ! - YouTube And here you can see the BR is already broken and insanely strong with a hitbox larget than a freaking car !

Amazing… Every word of what you just said, was wrong.

Or spelt hilariously incorrectly. Makes it a bit hard to take all that seriously. While I agree the magnetism on the BR is a little high, the rest of the guns feel janky and the aiming is particularly subpar compared to older games. There’s a reason so many people on these forums and in others are complaining about it.

And for Christ’s sake, stop calling it aimbot. Go play CoD Warzone for an hour or two and you’ll see someone using an aimbot. There’s a pretty big difference that even people with the IQ of a wet sock can distinguish between.

> 2533274876991706;1:
> Its really that simple but we need this message to reach 343!
> A slight controller aim assist buff would be a big help. We play with an inherently inferior aiming tool, this is the whole point of aim assist. I want to be able to use that sniper too!

On controller, felt fine to me the whole time. I rather keep it as is.

I want the game to aim for me! Please buff my soft hacks! Just practice man. This -Yoink- aint cod.

I believe the aim assist is in a great spot right now, it was there but not a lot. I hate aim assist and always have but really like the way it felt in this preview.

> AIM ASSIST NEEDS A BUFF! NOT A HUGE ONE BUT STILL.

Nah.

I got used to it

The extra nuance: Like every Halo game before it (except for the first, obviously), Infinite is different than its predecessors. The skills and habits you learned playing the previous games don’t exactly carry over. Each game has different movement, gunplay, and other elementd, from the big obvious things like major gameplay mechanics, to the minute details that only a tiny fraction of gamers know about, like the exact bloom behavior, rate-of-fire of the same weapons across different games, difference in jump height etc etc. You gotta learn how to play the current game. Or continue to play the older game if you like it! There’s nothing wrong with that!

I’m only an average player… but I was able to keep 50-60% accuracy.

Once I dialled down the sensitives that is. To around 2.5 or so.

Felt that headshots were probably a bit too hard to hit. Maybe they need a bit more aim assist on the headshot specifically? Maybe I just need a bit more time with the weapons… could have been bloom / recoil etc.

Aim-assist is necessary for Controllers. This is not even subjective, the thumbsticks aren’t designed for precision. The PC crowd should not let their MCC PTSD get in the way of empathy. Imagine a Dark Souls in which you already have trouble hitting the monsters with your sword. Does that sound fun?

I’d be fine with keeping it as it is but I do feel as tho some of the weapons such as the commando and sidekick for example need a slight buff, just a touch…a hair
nothing more than an extra 1-1.5%
That said, it felt relatively ok and would also be ok with it staying as it is

> 2535436322352331;37:
> Aim-assist is necessary for Controllers. This is not even subjective, the thumbsticks aren’t designed for precision. The PC crowd should not let their MCC PTSD get in the way of empathy. Imagine a Dark Souls in which you already have trouble hitting the monsters with your sword. Does that sound fun?

Wrong i have played COD black ops with aim assist turn off on Ps3 and i was doing pretty well , also ive played MAG on PS3 wich had little to No aim assist at all , same goes for Killzone franchise wich had the least amount of aim assist ever yet it was still more than playable … Gears of war dosnt have anything near the Halo level of aim assist yet i was popping head left and right so NO you are not right ! I have zero problem with legitimate aim assistance like " Sensitivity reduction "to help with precision around the hitbox target slightly , but straight up aimbot , bullet bending and reticle magnetism is straight up Legit hacking

The problem is that peoples Mainly COD 4 + players and Halo players who started playing in those franchise got addicted to aim assist , just like a cigarette smoker or a drug addict dont feel " normal " when they are lacking nicotine or drugs , the same is true for peoples addicted to aim assist , they simply do not know how to aim without it and track target … But i for one was able back in Halo 2 custom lobby to beat anyones in 1 vs 1 friendly fire match where aim assist didnt work and was friendly fire because i practice and i got good at aiming with a controler without the help of aim assist wich i hated on PC or console

Peoples should grow up and start to practice for having True aim … its not instant gratification like Aim assist provide but its a very good feeling when you know you are not assisted by a build in engine Aimbot i am sorry but its the pure truth …

Just that some peoples are not convinced that Aim assist is a necessity proove they have been drinking Bungie early days coolaid … There was no real need for aim assist they did it so that the game became more easily accepted and grant instant gratification to players who would have suck at first in game like Unreal tournament or quake etc… But none of those peoples will get to realise their true aiming potential because they are into the " AIm assist cult " mindset …

What i have linked about Treyarch COD was that at least you could disable aim assist if you wanted to but what i dislike is that you were putting yourself at a disavantage doing so … so In my opinion Only Uber Low KDR players or very new players should be given aim assist for a fix period of hours of play and after that its No aim assist for all

> 2535436322352331;37:
> Aim-assist is necessary for Controllers. This is not even subjective, the thumbsticks aren’t designed for precision. The PC crowd should not let their MCC PTSD get in the way of empathy. Imagine a Dark Souls in which you already have trouble hitting the monsters with your sword. Does that sound fun?

There is aim assist you just haven’t dialed in your sensitivity/FOV, the framerate is bad, or you haven’t adapted yet.

> 2533274792075066;39:
> > 2535436322352331;37:
> > Aim-assist is necessary for Controllers. This is not even subjective, the thumbsticks aren’t designed for precision. The PC crowd should not let their MCC PTSD get in the way of empathy. Imagine a Dark Souls in which you already have trouble hitting the monsters with your sword. Does that sound fun?
>
> Wrong i have played COD black ops 4 with aim assist turn off on Ps3 and i was doing pretty well , also ive played MAG on PS3 wich had little to No aim assist at all , same goes for Killzone franchise wich had the least amount of aim assist ever yet it was still more than playable …
>
> The problem is that peoples Mainly COD 4 + players and Halo players who started playing in those franchise got addicted to aim assist , just like a cigarette smoker or a drug addict dont feel " normal " when they are lacking nicotine or drugs , the same is true for peoples addicted to aim assist , they simply do not know how to aim without it and track target … But i for one was able back in Halo 2 custom lobby to beat anyones in 1 vs 1 friendly fire match where aim assist didnt work and was friendly fire because i practice and i got good at aiming with a controler without the help of aim assist wich i hated on PC or console
>
> Peoples should grow up and start to practice for having True aim … its not instant gratification like Aim assist provide but its a very good feeling when you know you are not assisted by a build in engine Aimbot i am sorry but its the pure truth …
>
> Just that some peoples are not convinced that Aim assist is a necessity proove they have been drinking Bungie early days coolaid … There was no real need for aim assist they did it so that the game became more easily accepted and grant instant gratification to players who would have suck at first in game like Unreal tournament or quake etc… But none of those peoples will get to realise their true aiming potential because they are into the " AIm assist cult " mindset …
>
> What i have linked about Treyarch COD was that at least you could disable aim assist if you wanted to but what i dislike is that you were putting yourself at a disavantage doing so … so In my opinion Only Uber Low KDR players or very new players should be given aim assist for a fixed period of hours of play and after that its No aim assist for all

The fact that countless players complain about this proves you wrong. The exception does not disprove the rule, it confirms it.

343’s vision for Infinite is to be the most accessible Halo ever made. Currently, there is a dissonance between vision and execution. Don’t let an elitist mindset get in the way of understanding very real grievances. Most of us just want to hop in and have fun. We have no time to learn how to master the most fundamental mechanic of the game.

And since you do so great without AA anyway, why do you want it to be gone/low for everyone else too? You should be fine with either, or, no?