Aim Assist needs a buff! Not a huge one but still

Its really that simple but we need this message to reach 343!
A slight controller aim assist buff would be a big help. We play with an inherently inferior aiming tool, this is the whole point of aim assist. I want to be able to use that sniper too!

Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity

Its true that the Sniper Rifle is nearly impossible to use now, but that’s partly because the maps we have seen it on were pretty small. Its possible that 343 wanted a Sniper Rifle that was only useful at long range but went a bit overboard with it. Aim assist DOES need a small buff, but only big enough to level the playing field between Mouse and Keyboard players and Controller players.

> 2533274887613159;2:
> Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity

I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.

Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.

I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.

Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.

> 2533274825333224;4:
> > 2533274887613159;2:
> > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
>
> I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
>
> Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
>
> I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
>
> Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.

You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz

OP, aim assist doesn’t even exist in Infinite. It needs to exist to even get a buff, but I’m in total agreement that it should exist.

> 2533274887613159;5:
> > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> >
> > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> >
> > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> >
> > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> >
> > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
>
> You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz

I didn’t/don’t champion for crossplay. I never even play with crossplay enabled. If it’s mandatory, I don’t even bother with it.

Youre right.

PC players are obviously considerably more accurate, especially with the sniper rifle, and the difference is more noticable in this infinite preview than in MCC.

We need aim assist to be just as good as it is in MCC

> 2533274887613159;5:
> > 2533274825333224;4:
> >
> >
> > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> >
> > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> >
> > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
>
> You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz

This makes no sense. The difference between 120 Hz and 300hz is the tiniest margin of difference. You have to have pro level aim and awareness to even have any tiny advantage.

> 2533274792737987;9:
> > 2533274887613159;5:
> > > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> > >
> > > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> > >
> > > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> > >
> > > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> > >
> > > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
> >
> > You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz
>
> This makes no sense. The difference between 120 Hz and 300hz is the tiniest margin of difference. You have to have pro level aim and awareness to even have any tiny advantage.

naw fam 300 are biigeeerr nuummber maak ebetteerr playur

I agree, the aim assist setting felt MINIMAL in this tech preview. There wasn’t even a setting for it like in MCC. TWO weapons in particular, the Pistol and Commando, were frustrating to use on controller.

> 2533274887613159;10:
> > 2533274792737987;9:
> > > 2533274887613159;5:
> > > > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> > > >
> > > > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> > > >
> > > > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> > > >
> > > > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> > > >
> > > > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
> > >
> > > You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz
> >
> > This makes no sense. The difference between 120 Hz and 300hz is the tiniest margin of difference. You have to have pro level aim and awareness to even have any tiny advantage.
>
> naw fam 300 are biigeeerr nuummber maak ebetteerr playur

I wish that was the case :joy:.

> 2533274887613159;5:
> > 2533274825333224;4:
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

You wild to think that the average PC player has a powerful enough setup to take full advantage of a 360hz monitor, that still aren’t really a common place yet.
Especially with the chip shortage for GPUs. Unless you think the average PC player has 2 grand put aside for an Ebay GPU and a 360hz monitor.

I have to agree I like the aiming mechanics but I’d like them to be about 10% more forgiving.

> 2533274848663644;13:
> > 2533274887613159;5:
> > > 2533274825333224;4:
> > > > 2533274887613159;2:
> > > > Or or or… you need practice and better sensitivity
> > >
> > > I mean, if you want to dedicate your life to it by all means.
> > >
> > > Not a lot of people have the time or motivation to pour their soul into that one feature when it could be remedied with the flip of a switch.
> > >
> > > I will personally disable crossplay unless they specifically maintain that the group I’m playing with is on a controller.
> > >
> > > Otherwise it’s just campaign and onto other things for me an hopefully many others.
> >
> > You already shouldnt crossplay against a pc if you’re on console. 120hz doesnt come close to 300hz
>
> You wild to think that the average PC player has a powerful enough setup to take full advantage of a 360hz monitor, that still aren’t really a common place yet.
> Especially with the chip shortage for GPUs. Unless you think the average PC player has 2 grand put aside for an Ebay GPU and a 360hz monitor.

So all the pc players with high spec pc’s before the gpu shortage… did their gpus just disappear? Just because theres a shortage now doesnt mean there was always one.

> 2533274887613159;5:
> > 2533274825333224;4:
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

I don’t even notice a big advantage playing at 120 from 60, so I’m somewhat doubtful that’s some massive advantage going higher. The server is still running at 60hz. And most people aren’t running 300hz monitors to begin with.

I don’t think it needs anything too crazy because most weapons felt viable, but I agree it might need the slightest bump for the sake of weapons like the Commando and longer range Sidekick plays which will undoubtedly become insanely important due to their kill times.

Honestly no aim assist was a great learning curve on this flight. I went from trash day one to perfections and average 20 kill games by the end. We had no aim assist… Well… Learn how to aim differently. That’s what halo is.

For the people wanting aim assist how many weapon drills did you do?

It has the perfect amount of aim assist.