Aim assist basically nonexistent

Been playing the tech demo a lot today, and can barely hit the broad side of a barn. The aim assist is lower than in H5 by a wide margin, and doesn’t even come close to the AA in H4.

If we’re going to be dealing with cross platform play, they need to tune it up, or we’ll lose players faster than the F2P crowd can replace them.

The game is amazing. The guns feel, look, and sound great, but when you get in an actual engagement and you need to get a gun in the vicinity of someone’s head zone, it’s nigh impossible.

The aim assist is fine. H5 skewed to far toward giving you so much forgiving assist.

I agree, think there needs to be more aim assist.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> The aim assist is fine. H5 skewed to far toward giving you so much forgiving assist.

The aim assist being toned down definitely creates a skill gap between good and bad controller players. Which would be fine if it was console only like halo 5, but it’s going to be like Apex where PC is going to have way more advantages especially in sniping and with the commando.

Definitely needs a bit more. The aiming doesn’t feel quite at a satisfying level yet. Doesn’t need to be as high as halo 5 but definitely a small increase. 10-15% at least.

No please, aim assist messes up my aim.

> 2533274826424961;4:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > The aim assist is fine. H5 skewed to far toward giving you so much forgiving assist.
>
> The aim assist being toned down definitely creates a skill gap between good and bad controller players. Which would be fine if it was console only like halo 5, but it’s going to be like Apex where PC is going to have way more advantages especially in sniping and with the commando.

This is why I believe lessening controller aim assist is a step in the right direction, but I still believe that input based matchmaking should be in social.

It’s going to take some getting used to that is for sure. On the bright side little to no aim assist should mean no more heavy sights or drag when other run across your sights. I wish the needler needles tracked better. It seems to be worth less as long as some on is strafing or running perpendicular to you.

Once i got used to it, Infinite actually feels way better! I agreed initaly about auto aim feeling off. But the game actually feels better now that i have played it a bit.

the weapons need a little aim assist, a little more would be ok but not too over the top.

The biggest issue is splitscreen. Without aim assist, it’s near impossible to hit a target.

H5 had too much aim assist. This is too little aim assist forsure. If there wasn’t slide and the bms wasn’t so fast it wouldn’t be so bad, but the aim assist is too low with this movement.

I think they should increase the aim assist to Halo 3 levels. Right now it feels awful.

I agree with all of you.
Personally i think that the aim assist of Halo 3 would be perfect.
If 343 wants to return to the golden era of halo trilogy, needs to put aim assist at least for controller players.

I completely disagree. I think it needs to be nerfed actually. Some weapons like the BR are pretty much just auto-aim if you fire near the enemy. You’re probably just used to H5 where there was way too much bullet magnetism. But coming to this from H3 feels like you get a lot of help with each shot.

yes, and even if im hitting only air, it feels better, so even if its a free multiplayer, there will be skill needed.

Yeah the aim feels sluggish and unsatisfying I use to easily no-scope and snipe now I can miss players standing still.

idk, besides the sniper I can still hit headshots consistently

Some people say it feels fine, a LOT of people say the aim assist is way too low, and some people say it’s too high and needs nerfed more.

Personally, I think there is some sort of bug that affecting many players. I’ve been playing Halo sine the days of Halo 1 LAN parties. I’ve played thousands of matches in every single Halo game. For me (using a controller on PC) there is no aim assist at all. I’m still enjoying the game and can hold my own just fine but I have been missing shots like crazy. If this is intended then I guess I’ve been carried by aim assist all these years and will have to suck it up and git gud lol.

Got the same issue too. Feels particularly bad with the commando, sidekick, skewer and sniper. Going from the MCC to this feels like a kick to my “git gud” insecurities. Might be a controller player on PC bug? I’m not sure though. Haven’t got a Series X/S to try the game out on and I’d rather not play 30fps on Xbox One to be honest…