Aim assist against players is broken

I think the game is treating actual players on the other team as teammates. Because last flight when you aimed at a player your reticle would turn red and snap onto the enemy, making the gunplay feel nice and snappy. But now its wonky making controller and M&K feel terrible.

Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.

> 2533274850720194;2:
> Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.

There’s no aim assist for mouse and keyboard. Please don’t spread misinformation.

> 2533274850720194;2:
> Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.

Disagree with every point.

> 2535467516239526;1:
> I think the game is treating actual players on the other team as teammates. Because last flight when you aimed at a player your reticle would turn red and snap onto the enemy, making the gunplay feel nice and snappy. But now its wonky making controller and M&K feel terrible.

I just checked. The reticle turns red, but I think you are right – it doesn’t behave like it did in the first flight. The Sidekick was an absolute blast in Flight 1. I’m now getting very frustrated in Flight 2 with it. Whatever they changed, hopefully it gets changed back for the upcoming BTB weekend and launch.

> 2535410098318050;3:
> > 2533274850720194;2:
> > Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.
>
> There’s no aim assist for mouse and keyboard. Please don’t spread misinformation.

I never said there was. My implication was it should be disabled for controllers because M+KB should be the intended default input method. Which should have been clear as crystal with me mentioning MCC and it’s debacle.

So, please, do not put words in my mouth. Thank you.

> 2533274801693529;4:
> > 2533274850720194;2:
> > Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.
>
> Disagree with every point.

I find most primarily console players generally do. It’s fine, you’re allowed to disagree. But disagreeing with me doesn’t make me wrong.

There’s a reason MCC’s player population cuts like it does on PC after the first month or so of a release if even that. It’s still balanced in a way that favours a console player. So, after dipping their toes, they move on to another FPS.

PC platform is a whole different animal from console, and PC FPS players are as well. If you want an FPS to last on PC, you need to build it for PC. Not console, and then try to meet half way.

MCC is one of the best examples for this.

> 2533274850720194;2:

PC and Console players shouldnt cross! M/K has no AA, console with controller needs that to be playable. If you complain that controller players kick your butt, dont play against Console players in MCC.

Controller needs AA in Infinite!

> 2550029253310519;8:
> > 2533274850720194;2:
>
> PC and Console players shouldnt cross! M/K has no AA, console with controller needs that to be playable. If you complain that controller players kick your butt, dont play against Console players in MCC.
>
> Controller needs AA in Infinite!

This actually proves my point. Matchmaking by input method and only choosing M+KB in MCC takes forever and a day because everyone is using controllers due to their advantage, or due to the cross play player pool.

Halo Infinite on PC needs to be a PC game. Not a console game. Otherwise the PC player base will wane like it does regularly with MCC.

It should be balanced for M+KB on PC like virtually every other shooter on the platform. It’s the default input method that everyone has. If you have to segregate the player base, so be it.

There should never be any aim assist on a shooter made for the PC platform. Especially one that wants to be competitive.

> 2533274850720194;9:
> > 2550029253310519;8:
> > > 2533274850720194;2:
> > > Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.
> >
> > PC and Console players shouldnt cross! M/K has no AA, console with controller needs that to be playable. If you complain that controller players kick your butt, dont play against Console players in MCC.
> >
> > Controller needs AA in Infinite!
>
> Halo Infinite on PC needs to be a PC game. Not a console game. Otherwise the PC player base will wane like it does regularly with MCC.

Then Halo infinte on PC should only be matchmade with other PC players and not console players

If thats the case, they are making two seperate games

> 2533274850720194;9:
> > 2550029253310519;8:
> > > Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.
> >
> > PC and Console players shouldnt cross! M/K has no AA, console with controller needs that to be playable. If you complain that controller players kick your butt, dont play against Console players in MCC.
> >
> > Controller needs AA in Infinite!
>
> This actually proves my point. Matchmaking by input method and only choosing M+KB in MCC takes forever and a day because everyone is using controllers due to their advantage, or due to the cross play player pool.
>
> Halo Infinite on PC needs to be a PC game. Not a console game. Otherwise the PC player base will wane like it does regularly with MCC.
>
> It should be balanced for M+KB on PC like virtually every other shooter on the platform. It’s the default input method that everyone has. If you have to segregate the player base, so be it.
>
> There should never be any aim assist on a shooter made for the PC platform. Especially one that wants to be competitive.

Why do you think PC Halo players are much more worth than console? Why not having the game for both and with their input options and make the best possible control physics/mechanics for each? Should be possible I think. I cant play MCC during the day as Im in germany. Takes hours. What they do is mix up xbox and pc to enlarge the playerbase and make it easier to find players. Have you ever played warzone? PC players destroy controller players. Will be the same in infinite plus its more bad because of the actual bad controller mechanics.

My wish: a good infinite for pc players and console players and if somebody wants to crossplay, option for him too.

> 2550029253310519;11:
> > 2533274850720194;9:
> > > 2550029253310519;8:
> > > > 2533274850720194;2:
> > > > Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.
> > >
> > > PC and Console players shouldnt cross! M/K has no AA, console with controller needs that to be playable. If you complain that controller players kick your butt, dont play against Console players in MCC.
> > >
> > > Controller needs AA in Infinite!
> >
> > This actually proves my point. Matchmaking by input method and only choosing M+KB in MCC takes forever and a day because everyone is using controllers due to their advantage, or due to the cross play player pool.
> >
> > Halo Infinite on PC needs to be a PC game. Not a console game. Otherwise the PC player base will wane like it does regularly with MCC.
> >
> > It should be balanced for M+KB on PC like virtually every other shooter on the platform. It’s the default input method that everyone has. If you have to segregate the player base, so be it.
> >
> > There should never be any aim assist on a shooter made for the PC platform. Especially one that wants to be competitive.
>
> Why do you think PC Halo players are much more worth than console? Why not having the game for both and with their input options and make the best possible control physics/mechanics for each? Should be possible I think. I cant play MCC during the day as Im in germany. Takes hours. What they do is mix up xbox and pc to enlarge the playerbase and make it easier to find players. Have you ever played warzone? PC players destroy controller players. Will be the same in infinite plus its more bad because of the actual bad controller mechanics.
>
> My wish: a good infinite for pc players and console players and if somebody wants to crossplay, option for him too.

Look, I’m not trying to argue. I’m just trying to get a view that’s commonplace with PC FPS games out in the open. 343 doesn’t get to claim they’re building a game from the ground up for PC, and balance in favour of console.

Truth of the matter is, Halo is the only FPS I can name where there is even a debate for aim assist on the PC platform. And, that alone should speak for itself.

The objective, harsh truth, is aim assist overall removes skill from the equation proportional to how strong it is.

343 and the player base need to realize that console shooter players and PC shooter players are two totally different crowds of people and should either have an actual; proper meet in the middle which is arguably not possible; or take a different approach with each crowd.

That’s all I’m saying. You can disagree and have a different opinion. That’s fine, you’re entitled to it. My concern is just the future of the game on the platform I’m playing it on.

And, I’m not saying one side is more worthy than the other. I’m just saying that they both need proper consideration. And, if MCC is anything to go by, 343 either doesn’t know what the PC audience is like or wants; or they’re favoring the console side.

And, that’s a bad sign for the longevity of the game on PC.

> 2533274850720194;12:
> > 2550029253310519;11:
> > > 2533274850720194;9:
> > > > 2550029253310519;8:
> > > > > 2533274850720194;2:
> > > > > Honestly, Aim Assist should be disabled on PC all together; and Mouse + Keyboard should be the considered the default input method. We’ve already dealt with this in MCC, we do not need to repeat that mistake. The PC version of Infinite should be a PC FPS first, Console FPS second. Especially if it wants to maintain a population on that platform.
> > > >
> > > > PC and Console players shouldnt cross! M/K has no AA, console with controller needs that to be playable. If you complain that controller players kick your butt, dont play against Console players in MCC.
> > > >
> > > > Controller needs AA in Infinite!
> > >
> > > This actually proves my point. Matchmaking by input method and only choosing M+KB in MCC takes forever and a day because everyone is using controllers due to their advantage, or due to the cross play player pool.
> > >
> > > Halo Infinite on PC needs to be a PC game. Not a console game. Otherwise the PC player base will wane like it does regularly with MCC.
> > >
> > > It should be balanced for M+KB on PC like virtually every other shooter on the platform. It’s the default input method that everyone has. If you have to segregate the player base, so be it.
> > >
> > > There should never be any aim assist on a shooter made for the PC platform. Especially one that wants to be competitive.
> >
> > Why do you think PC Halo players are much more worth than console? Why not having the game for both and with their input options and make the best possible control physics/mechanics for each? Should be possible I think. I cant play MCC during the day as Im in germany. Takes hours. What they do is mix up xbox and pc to enlarge the playerbase and make it easier to find players. Have you ever played warzone? PC players destroy controller players. Will be the same in infinite plus its more bad because of the actual bad controller mechanics.
> >
> > My wish: a good infinite for pc players and console players and if somebody wants to crossplay, option for him too.
>
> Look, I’m not trying to argue. I’m just trying to get a view that’s commonplace with PC FPS games out in the open. 343 doesn’t get to claim they’re building a game from the ground up for PC, and balance in favour of console.
>
> Truth of the matter is, Halo is the only FPS I can name where there is even a debate for aim assist on the PC platform. And, that alone should speak for itself.
>
> The objective, harsh truth, is aim assist overall removes skill from the equation proportional to how strong it is.
>
> 343 and the player base need to realize that console shooter players and PC shooter players are two totally different crowds of people and should either have an actual; proper meet in the middle which is arguably not possible; or take a different approach with each crowd.
>
> That’s all I’m saying. You can disagree and have a different opinion. That’s fine, you’re entitled to it. My concern is just the future of the game on the platform I’m playing it on.
>
> And, I’m not saying one side is more worthy than the other. I’m just saying that they both need proper consideration. And, if MCC is anything to go by, 343 either doesn’t know what the PC audience is like or wants; or they’re favoring the console side.
>
> And, that’s a bad sign for the longevity of the game on PC.

“a bad sign for the longevity of the game on” every plattform I would say. If its is not well playable on console, people will drop it there too.

> 2535467516239526;1:
> I think the game is treating actual players on the other team as teammates. Because last flight when you aimed at a player your reticle would turn red and snap onto the enemy, making the gunplay feel nice and snappy. But now its wonky making controller and M&K feel terrible.

Agreed. I feel like I have absolutely zero aim assist. There’s no stickiness whatsoever. Most difficult time I’ve had aiming in a halo title to date.

> 2533274850720194;6:
> > 2535410098318050;3:
> >
> > There’s no aim assist for mouse and keyboard. Please don’t spread misinformation.
>
> I never said there was. My implication was it should be disabled for controllers because M+KB should be the intended default input method. Which should have been clear as crystal with me mentioning MCC and it’s debacle.
>
> So, please, do not put words in my mouth. Thank you.

Why would you disable it for controller just because someone is on PC? That’s a moronic argument and you must be fried out of your mind.

> 2535410098318050;3:
> > 2533274850720194;2:
>
> There’s no aim assist for mouse and keyboard. Please don’t spread misinformation.

There is LUL. Its called “Mouse Magnetism” look it up in the Mouse and Keyboard Settings. “Set whether to have the Mouse slightly stay with targets while firing” So please dont spread misinformation.