AI Teammates

I want both the squad AI and the regular AI back to follow!

Squad AI in Halo 5 were really bad. They werenʻt as smart as we thought they were but their behavior in combat was normal for any AI. So since half the missions in Halo 5 split, they made perfect distracts to the main path as I run a flank a killem all. Some people donʻt like them because they never tried to be creative with them. Only thing I wish for them to have is to stay where I tell them to until I say otherwise.

I also miss Marines in Halo 1-4. I like how they have minor scripts for moments and are able to kill enemies and follow you around if used correctly. I missed them coming back. I just want them to have better accuracy.

Altogether, its a fun game if made properly.

I had so much fun with the squads in Brute Force back in the day, so when they were announced for Halo 5 I couldn’t wait. When actually playing the game however, they were completely useless. The only purpose they seemed to serve was to revive your character when he fell, and that was perhaps the most annoying feature of the game. Scrap them entirety, I say. If they made a side Halo game that revolved around the squad system then that’d be awesome, but this half–Yoinked!- crap in a main title just doesn’t work for Halo. Eliminate it. I quite like what Reach did with the marines though. Bring that back.

I too hope it stays with better command options and smarter AI, not saying the main games should turn into an old school rainbox six but I would like to see it improved upon.

Either throw them away or heavily script them like Noble Team. No sense in shoehorning in squads if they don’t fulfill a narrative purpose, because as we’ve seen from Halo 5, they don’t work and 343 aren’t committed to making them work.

Id be ok if they don’t return. Or have them return like how playing with Arby was in H3.

I say hell no. Squad mechanics almost ruined the Halo 5 campaign single-handedly. Your squad either dies too quickly or blows your cover unpredictably. AI companions are great when they don’t get in your way and don’t take all your shots, both of which Blue Team does in Halo 5.

> 2535415876049274;2:
> I had so much fun with the squads in Brute Force back in the day, so when they were announced for Halo 5 I couldn’t wait. When actually playing the game however, they were completely useless. The only purpose they seemed to serve was to revive your character when he fell, and that was perhaps the most annoying feature of the game. Scrap them entirety, I say. If they made a side Halo game that revolved around the squad system then that’d be awesome, but this half–Yoinked!- crap in a main title just doesn’t work for Halo. Eliminate it. I quite like what Reach did with the marines though. Bring that back.

You just didnʻt know how to use them properly. My only issue on them is that they canʻt stay where i put them. But for anything else, they were the most useful thing I could have and not because of the revive system.

> 2535447940912902;6:
> I say hell no. Squad mechanics almost ruined the Halo 5 campaign single-handedly. Your squad either dies too quickly or blows your cover unpredictably. AI companions are great when they don’t get in your way and don’t take all your shots, both of which Blue Team does in Halo 5.

They never blew your cover. There were not really any stealth moments in the game but back in Blue team mission. you enter the vent at the beginning to drop on an Elite, they wouldnt go through until you drop down. They had some scripts in them.

> 2535419166122192;8:
> > 2535447940912902;6:
> > I say hell no. Squad mechanics almost ruined the Halo 5 campaign single-handedly. Your squad either dies too quickly or blows your cover unpredictably. AI companions are great when they don’t get in your way and don’t take all your shots, both of which Blue Team does in Halo 5.
>
> They never blew your cover. There were not really any stealth moments in the game but back in Blue team mission. you enter the vent at the beginning to drop on an Elite, they wouldnt go through until you drop down. They had some scripts in them.

True, but there are some moments where enemies are unaware of your presence that I don’t think were intended to be stealth-based. If you move too close to them, the AI may move a few steps further alerting them. Blue Team has a complex environment. I may try to surprise them from the left, but one might step too far to the right before I get that chance. This happens on more than one occasion, sadly.

I prefer the solo Mode

I hope squads returns in Infinite.The A.I needs to be improved tho.