AI reqs

I think it would be cool if you could call in a squad of AI to order about for reqs. They could use the same system as in the campaign. At say, level 5 reqs you could go to a station and get a flare, deploy it and a pelican drops off a squad of 5 marines. At level 7, ODSTs. At level 9, elites. This would mix reqs up a bit and populate warzone a bit more

Are there even ODSTs in this franchise anymore?

Halo 5 has the same ugly Halo 4 marines (only seen in Warzone and cutscenes) and there have been no ODSTs present since the events of Halo 3.

Not too sure, there was a bit of debate about this when halo 4 came out. I am somewhere it said that there were ODSTs abord the infinity. If not, there are many options, there could be sniper units, maybe flamethrower units to counter AI?

and they follow you around or what?

I’m pretty sure most ODSTs joined the SPARTAN-IV program.

Cool idea but I could see people exploiting marines to capture bases in assault. Imagine all 12 players on one team calling in marine req at the same time, now there is 60 marines PLUS 12 spartans rushing the core at the same time

> 2593590856843215;6:
> Cool idea but I could see people exploiting marines to capture bases in assault. Imagine all 12 players on one team calling in marine req at the same time, now there is 60 marines PLUS 12 spartans rushing the core at the same time

And then you come around the corner with a ghost, splatter 3 or 4 Spartans and around 45 marines.
Or on the other hand, 60 marines all throwing grenades. GG you’re out.

> 2593590856843215;6:
> Cool idea but I could see people exploiting marines to capture bases in assault. Imagine all 12 players on one team calling in marine req at the same time, now there is 60 marines PLUS 12 spartans rushing the core at the same time

Sounds awesome actually…

> 2533274859801720;1:
> I think it would be cool if you could call in a squad of AI to order about for reqs. They could use the same system as in the campaign. At say, level 5 reqs you could go to a station and get a flare, deploy it and a pelican drops off a squad of 5 marines. At level 7, ODSTs. At level 9, elites. This would mix reqs up a bit and populate warzone a bit more

Too bad it’d only take a single SPARTAN-IV and his/her Magnum/BR to headshot every single one of your AI buddies.

> 2593590856843215;6:

Marines are weak. Also the other team may have AI units. Plus the game already has these units, just adding more with a little more control. The number of Spartans is irrelevant.

> 2533274820441404;4:
> and they follow you around or what?

Same controls as the campaign. Press up on the d-pad. Select a unit like hunter or select ground to hold/capture

> 2533274834593278;7:
> > 2593590856843215;6:
> > Cool idea but I could see people exploiting marines to capture bases in assault. Imagine all 12 players on one team calling in marine req at the same time, now there is 60 marines PLUS 12 spartans rushing the core at the same time
>
>
> And then you come around the corner with a ghost, splatter 3 or 4 Spartans and around 45 marines.
> Or on the other hand, 60 marines all throwing grenades. GG you’re out.

You’re assuming that everyone has marines. What if everyone had a scorpion?
Also 343 could just program the marines not to throw nades or just have one in the squad that throws nades.

> 2533274939018653;9:
> > 2533274859801720;1:
> > I think it would be cool if you could call in a squad of AI to order about for reqs. They could use the same system as in the campaign. At say, level 5 reqs you could go to a station and get a flare, deploy it and a pelican drops off a squad of 5 marines. At level 7, ODSTs. At level 9, elites. This would mix reqs up a bit and populate warzone a bit more
>
>
> Too bad it’d only take a single SPARTAN-IV and his/her Magnum/BR to headshot every single one of your AI buddies.

Tell that to the previous people who think that this is OP.
On the flip side, you could spawn with a sniper or something and get spawn killed easily, instantly losing your req. Swings and roundabouts.
Also the elites in the game would have energy shields.

These units are already in the game. No one has complained about them being overpowered before. There would just be a few more eyes and decoys.

I really like this idea. The Marines in the bases already work well so I think a squad that follows the player’s commands would be a nice addition.

Would be way to chaotic in my opinion

You could spawn like marines with mongooses or something. Two marines with a rocket launcher or hydra launcher. You could order them to you, kick one off and get them to drop you off somewhere else.

> 2533274794373199;15:
> Would be way to chaotic in my opinion

The maps are huge. Would be chaotic if everyone had a vehicle like a wraith or if everyone had snipers. People spawn with different req. Also marines are easy to kill, where’s the chaos? Would be a little more chaotic but warzone feels a bit empty at the minute

> 2533274859801720;1:
> I think it would be cool if you could call in a squad of AI to order about for reqs. They could use the same system as in the campaign. At say, level 5 reqs you could go to a station and get a flare, deploy it and a pelican drops off a squad of 5 marines. At level 7, ODSTs. At level 9, elites. This would mix reqs up a bit and populate warzone a bit more

they would if it weren’t for the reasons behind the absence of firefight, too many ai brings down their 60 fps limit, next time your in warzone count how many enemies per area spawn, how many infantry per side boss, how many enemies to kill to take a base, how many marines per base.

> 2533274850077349;18:
> > 2533274859801720;1:
> > I think it would be cool if you could call in a squad of AI to order about for reqs. They could use the same system as in the campaign. At say, level 5 reqs you could go to a station and get a flare, deploy it and a pelican drops off a squad of 5 marines. At level 7, ODSTs. At level 9, elites. This would mix reqs up a bit and populate warzone a bit more
>
>
> they would if it weren’t for the reasons behind the absence of firefight, too many ai brings down their 60 fps limit, next time your in warzone count how many enemies per area spawn, how many infantry per side boss, how many enemies to kill to take a base, how many marines per base.

Doesn’t dedicated servers solve this issue

Could I use the Marines in vehicle seats? Not that they would be particularly effective or long lasting, but it might be interesting to try.

Having a squad of aimbotting flawless accuracy Marines with me might be fun…