Ai in custom games?

I don’t see that belonging to Halo, sorry

> 2533274892367695;2:
> I don’t see that belonging to Halo, sorry

I didn’t mean “do you think it will happen” I ment “do you want it to happen”

that would be awesome! When I still played COD Ghosts right after I got my Xbox One Day One…I would always hop in a bot game to warm up it was great! Plus you could learn the maps and test out certain loadouts or whatever without getting -Yoink- on online!

I would like something like Far Cry 3. Where you can edit your maps to add spawn points for enemy AI that attacks both teams. It added a new feel to the multiplayer.

You could make some killer machinma with this.

People have been asking for Forge NPC’s since it was introduced.

> 2533274892367695;2:
> I don’t see that belonging to Halo, sorry

How, exactly? How is there no chance of it belonging in Halo, considering we used to have a mode that spawned AI in endless waves?

wasn’t this a topic yesterday…

> 2533274830733064;9:
> wasn’t this a topic yesterday…

It’s literally a topic everyday

Do you know how difficult it is, to implement AI NPC into a player-created map… especially with dynamic features like scripted doors and bridges.

Don’t get me wrong it would revolutionize Forge into a Game Maker… however this would greatly require a tutorial of how to use nodes or “directed” pathing… the situation of each battle would be pre-defined by the character behaviour, the only thing is NPC pathing.

I would definitely support this.

As for AI pathing, I’d personally go with navmeshes over path nodes.

Two ways that could work:

  1. The AI navmesh is already “baked in” to the base map and the Forge objects (like bridges, structures, etc.). Map would be AI ready immediately, but Forge objects would have to be arranged so that their navmeshes are contiguous.

  2. There is an automatic AI navmesh tool that generates a navmesh file by mapping out all the walkable/drivable spaces in the map (as used by Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike). This could take anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours, depending on map size and complexity, but the AI would be able to navigate the map regardless of how the Forge objects are arranged.

While I would appreciate AI in custom games, I would much rather have them give us Firefight.

> 2533274974984138;1:
>

No, it isn’t Halo. Halo is not a game that can have an AI play the way people do in multiplayer. I wouldn’t want this, not ever.

> 2533274873172929;11:
> Do you know how difficult it is, to implement AI NPC into a player-created map… especially with dynamic features like scripted doors and bridges.
>
> Don’t get me wrong it would revolutionize Forge into a Game Maker… however this would greatly require a tutorial of how to use nodes or “directed” pathing… the situation of each battle would be pre-defined by the character behaviour, the only thing is NPC pathing.

> 2533274795168305;12:
> I would definitely support this.
>
> As for AI pathing, I’d personally go with navmeshes over path nodes.
>
> Two ways that could work:
>
> 1. The AI navmesh is already “baked in” to the base map and the Forge objects (like bridges, structures, etc.). Map would be AI ready immediately, but Forge objects would have to be arranged so that their navmeshes are contiguous.
>
> 2. There is an automatic AI navmesh tool that generates a navmesh file by mapping out all the walkable/drivable spaces in the map (as used by Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike). This could take anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours, depending on map size and complexity, but the AI would be able to navigate the map regardless of how the Forge objects are arranged.

These

If Titanfall could pull it off, why not Halo?

> 2533274795168305;12:
> I would definitely support this.
>
> As for AI pathing, I’d personally go with navmeshes over path nodes.
>
> Two ways that could work:
>
> 1. The AI navmesh is already “baked in” to the base map and the Forge objects (like bridges, structures, etc.). Map would be AI ready immediately, but Forge objects would have to be arranged so that their navmeshes are contiguous.
>
> 2. There is an automatic AI navmesh tool that generates a navmesh file by mapping out all the walkable/drivable spaces in the map (as used by Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike). This could take anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours, depending on map size and complexity, but the AI would be able to navigate the map regardless of how the Forge objects are arranged.

^ Whoa. This guy knows his stuff.

No thanks