AI Covenant\Prometheans in the Forge

Hi everyone!
I know this is an argument discussed a lot of time by the community…
But I still hope an introduction of the AI and characters’ model in Forge, with scripts obviously…
Why? Because I think that the possibilities given us by the Forge are very interesting, but that could me more impressive with more freedom creating new contents.
It’s incredible what the community have done with Halo Custom Edition on PC…and I see a lot of creativity in the Halo 5 community using the forge mode, creating a lot of maps and game modes…
I saw also the introduction of a simple scripted AI in the game mode (the Whale, for example)…so, could Halo 5 Forge be improved anymore with the introduction of enemies, marines etc, also with the original game scripts, to give the community the opportunity to creato interesting modes and, maybe, new game levels?

Thanks for the attention :slight_smile:

> 2533274891004160;1:
> Hi everyone!
> I know this is an argument discussed a lot of time by the community…
> But I still hope an introduction of the AI and characters’ model in Forge, with scripts obviously…
> Why? Because I think that the possibilities given us by the Forge are very interesting, but that could me more impressive with more freedom creating new contents.
> It’s incredible what the community have done with Halo Custom Edition on PC…and I see a lot of creativity in the Halo 5 community using the forge mode, creating a lot of maps and game modes…
> I saw also the introduction of a simple scripted AI in the game mode (the Whale, for example)…so, could Halo 5 Forge be improved anymore with the introduction of enemies, marines etc, also with the original game scripts, to give the community the opportunity to creato interesting modes and, maybe, new game levels?
>
> Thanks for the attention :slight_smile:

this plus flyable pelicans and REQ versions of weapons and vehicles then best forge ever

> 2533274922832647;2:
> > 2533274891004160;1:
> > Hi everyone!
> > I know this is an argument discussed a lot of time by the community…
> > But I still hope an introduction of the AI and characters’ model in Forge, with scripts obviously…
> > Why? Because I think that the possibilities given us by the Forge are very interesting, but that could me more impressive with more freedom creating new contents.
> > It’s incredible what the community have done with Halo Custom Edition on PC…and I see a lot of creativity in the Halo 5 community using the forge mode, creating a lot of maps and game modes…
> > I saw also the introduction of a simple scripted AI in the game mode (the Whale, for example)…so, could Halo 5 Forge be improved anymore with the introduction of enemies, marines etc, also with the original game scripts, to give the community the opportunity to creato interesting modes and, maybe, new game levels?
> >
> > Thanks for the attention :slight_smile:
>
>
> this plus flyable pelicans and REQ versions of weapons and vehicles then best forge ever

Yes, man :wink: Now the Forge is very well and I really appreciate the good work 343i is doing to give us new contents and a very good game experience with halo 5…but I think that this is an important feature still missing in the forge mode, since the time of Halo 3! :wink:

If 343i can get Ai in campaign,Firefight and warzone I don’t really see a problem with it in forge unless it is really buggy and literally makes the game crash! I’m sure I have read that Tom French has said they are hoping for Ai in forge!!

OMG! YES! WEVE NEEDE THIS FOR YEARS!

It would be awesome. Think of all the cool maps and game modes that could be created.
I want a map with a platform over a pit of elder hunter’s.

I believe they’re bringing REQ weapons to Forge in the next update. No idea if it’s true, but a few people have said, as well as there being a Fiesta mode with REQ weapons, it kinda makes sense.

And then you could script those AI with voices:

Say you choose an Elite AI…
you could then choose Jul’ Madama’s voice
type what you what him to say in a text box
and boom an AI that says what you want on script (the inflections would sound something like Siri, but…would still be cool)

Yeah, and Marines would be cool too. We could make Warzone maps!

> 2535455004788248;4:
> If 343i can get Ai in campaign,Firefight and warzone I don’t really see a problem with it in forge unless it is really buggy and literally makes the game crash! I’m sure I have read that Tom French has said they are hoping for Ai in forge!!

In the next halo game maybe. The best we can hope for in halo 5 is getting the dominion turrets back. Getting ai in forge is a huge undertaking and they don’t want to do it till they have the time to get it right.

The thing is that AI in Forge is actually quite possible. The AI in Warzone doesn’t move very much, so porting AI over to Forge would be both awesome and feasible.

I’m with you OP. Been saying this for a while. Halo 5’s longevity would shoot through the roof if we could download user created mission. There are a lot of Halo fans that prefer PvE and this would be an amazing gift to them and to the forgers that are into level design.

We could finally live out those legendary battles we’ve always dreamed of

Remember how 343 said no Warzone maps in Forge/customs?

…That was kinda the only way this was going to happen… Those maps have A.I. paths. Forge pieces and Arena maps do not.

By the way, they’ve got nothing to gain from restricting this.

Will AI improve forge? Yes. Would I hold my breath for it? No.

As cool as AI would be in forge, I am fairly certain the reason they haven’t been implemented is due to pathing concerns. How will AI recognize and maneuver around infinite possible paths that fans will create using forge? Maybe the Forge team might make it possible, but I wouldn’t count on it. Forge has been improved by leaps and bounds this time around I am already impressed.

I would love if our community forgers could include AI in their maps. We got a lot if talent in the community and the more tools they have the better.

> 2717573882290912;15:
> Will AI improve forge? Yes. Would I hold my breath for it? No.
>
> As cool as AI would be in forge, I am fairly certain the reason they haven’t been implemented is due to pathing concerns. How will AI recognize and maneuver around infinite possible paths that fans will create using forge? Maybe the Forge team might make it possible, but I wouldn’t count on it. Forge has been improved by leaps and bounds this time around I am already impressed.

Think about the Doom “snapmap” mode… in this editor you can put enemies, AI, scripts etc…
I don’t need a “snapmap” in Halo 5 (obviously, if possible it could be great!), but at least the possibility to put the AI standard routines in the levels creating with forge. For example, the standard movements, fighting and pathfinding routines of the Campaign\Warzone mode :slight_smile:

I think it could be possibile onestly… it’s so strange that ID software and Bethesda thought about this feature, but the creators (Bungie) and improvers (343i) of a great map editor didn’t yet…

I agree with all of you guys and thank you for your answers!

I hope that 343i will consider this feature in the future, maybe after the great work they’re doing with the free DLCs and the interesting Warzone Firefight…
Still hoping, still waiting :smiley: 343i, please, listen to us!

This probabily won’t happen,sadly,in halo 5.
They’ve done an amazing job on halo 5 with the free updates and after firefight I assume they’ll be completely on halo 6.

In halo 6 they could take forge to the next next next level by adding custom AI,semi-scripted dialogues (maybe you can record them by yourself?),ragdoll for cutscenes,…
Cloud may be a thing,expecially for the AIs.

Interesting idea,
Just with the Marines forge will be very very good , I dont think its too complicate to put them there (as well they dont move too much but they kill u easy hahah )