AI-Controlled Anti-Escape Defences.

Remember Halo 3?
Snowbound: Covenant Turrents that would fire on you if you tried to leave the map.
Sandbox: Huge Towers would fire on you if you tried to leave the map.
Sandtrap: Brute mines would explode as you tried to leave the map.

Then came Reach. With its 10 second countdown to unescapable death, trying to leave a map became no more fun.

I would like to see AI-Controlled barriers return in Halo 4. No more 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1, X_X. More “Target Sighted. Fire at the escapee. Don’t let him walk one more step.”

What do you think?

There called the Almighty Guardians and I agree but there should be a way to turn them off. Like you go up to one in forge and go to properties and disable them and they don’t shoot at Monitars. But for areas like rooftops and ledges they should bring back the push Barriers and make them customizable but they also have no effect on Monitars.

“Killed by the Guardians”
Yep, I want to see this more.
Instead of “You fell to your death” or “Suicide”.
Anything better than the countdown that appears on your screen and makes things red until you fall to the ground and die or explode.

I didn’t even remember this element of previous Halos. Thanks for bringing this up. Another Interactive Map Element that past Halos had but not Reach.

Anything would be better than those awful “Return to Battlefield” countdowns. Plus I remember the good times trying to fly out to the Sandbox skull in a Forge piece :smiley:

> Anything would be better than those awful “Return to Battlefield” countdowns. Plus I remember the good times trying to fly out to the Sandbox skull in a Forge piece :smiley:

Excactly! With “Guardians”, you could have fun messing around to get around the defences. In Reach, theres no way to do it without really glitching the map or modding. I remember making a huge tunnel across the desert in Sandbox, with the Guardian towers raining hEll down all around me as I journey to the skull. Overloading the turrents in Snowbound… good times.

> > Anything would be better than those awful “Return to Battlefield” countdowns. Plus I remember the good times trying to fly out to the Sandbox skull in a Forge piece :smiley:
>
> Excactly! With “Guardians”, you could have fun messing around to get around the defences. In Reach, theres no way to do it without really glitching the map or modding. I remember making a huge tunnel across the desert in Sandbox, with the Guardian towers raining hEll down all around me as I journey to the skull. Overloading the turrents in Snowbound… good times.

I remember putting crates in front of the Snowbound turrets and having massive FFA fights out in the snow field, then deleting one of the crates and lawling as the turrets mowed down the entire lobby.

As a matter of exploration and widening of the maps, I say go ahead and add the guardians back, so long as they can be turned off, whether through glitches or a feature. Heck, maybe even placeable guardians in forge if it’s possible. Anything is better really than the 10 second countdown and invisible walls.

Forgeable Guardians… just think of the possibilities. It would be fun setting traps using htem.

> Forgeable Guardians… just think of the possibilities. It would be fun setting traps using htem.

There’s a chance you will die and there’s a chance you will make it through. The ferocity of Guardian defenses should be adjustable similar to campaign difficulty levels. Easy guardians kill you 20% of the time. Legendary guardians kill you 80% of the time.

We need moar turrets.