AI assistants in HALO 4 Multiplayer

So I had an idea and I see that a few others as well also had a general idea, of AI’s to help you. My version of this idea is that you would be able to buy an AI from a list (like FF voices in Reach.) Then in Matchmaking that AI would advise you to take a different approach to different scenarios, Each AI having a different personality encouraging different things. The AI’s could encourage numerous things, from safety and teamwork, to recklessness and down right stupidity. This would especially be helpful to new players or players who want to change their play style as the AI would slowly shape the type of player you become by affecting your decisions. It could also give general tips like pace your shots, Crouch while shooting a far away target, or don’t stand still while you shoot. Feel free to discuss, criticize, or add on. Btw, I’m talking about smart AI’s like Serena and Cortana to help you strategy-wise, not AI’s like Marines to help you combat-wise.

Go on youtube and look up “Halo Bots Mod” and go to the second video with 9:24 time length, thats the perfect example of what Halo 4 should do

nah…

I wish we would have firefight voices that worked in multiplayer. I just feel like they are a complete waste of cR as they are now. They can operate the same way, just saying scenario-related stuff, though obviously more lines would need to be recorded for context (i.e. objective game types).

as long as i don’t have to listen to other players AI’s while i play.

imagine how annoying that would be in BTB, listening to all 8 players AI trying to tell them what to do.

No god NO!

is society so dumb that they need a computer to tell them what to do in a sandbox VIDEO GAME!!??

AI should be able to

~tell ur if ur health is low because sometimes u might not notice ur health is low

~Tell u the best way to get out of a fire fight(I don’t mean the game mode fire fight)

~Tell u if a enemy is detected

~ETC,ETC,ETC

In order to stop AI from doing anything u should have a special stealth one which, when activited make any nearby AI (Teammate or Enemy) mess up and ur radar starts glitching :smiley: (fair enough)

> No god NO!
>
> is society so dumb that they need a computer to tell them what to do in a sandbox VIDEO GAME!!??

Think of teamkillers. But anyway the AI only suggests things like don’t carry 2 close range weapons, especially when everyone around you has Plasma Rifles. It encourages things, not commands you to do them. Btw, of course you’re not going to hear others AI’s. + Just thought this way it might help players co-operate. Don’t you hate it when no one wants to get on the warthog with you? There AI’s would encourage them to get on the Warthog. (Or maybe blow it up?) Just though it would add something interesting to game.

> Btw, of course you’re not going to hear others AI’s. + Just thought this way it might help players co-operate. Don’t you hate it when no one wants to get on the warthog with you? There AI’s would encourage them to get on the Warthog. (Or maybe blow it up?) Just though it would add something interesting to game.

not sure how you can be so certain, but that really doesn’t matter. also i don’t like using vehicles, having to listen to some guy spamming his horn while fallowing me around is bad enough as it is. i don’t need an extra voice telling me to do something i don’t want to do.

i really don’t see AI’s being that much of help or adding anything of value to the game. if in the end the have the time and resources then i’m not against this idea, but i’m sure they have much more important things that need to get done