Agl pros how to do it?

I have been trying to go pro in halo for many years but me and some teammates just arent good enough. what can I do to improve my game. I am talking skill communications teamwork every little thing. What do I need to improve/change?

I get online almost everyday and pay with my team for a few hours. sometimes we play octogon for a bit. then we head into matchmaking. my team doesnt really do/know callouts. we arent able to help eachother in time etc…

Personally before the games I will drink a mountain dew or brisk iced tea and maybe eat a sandwich or something. I dont eat that healthy by eating healthier would that hep my game? what about sleep as well?

Im no pro, but yeah eating healthy will help you in any situation lol. As for how to improve your gameplay and teamwork I recommend you watch some of the PRO’s like ninja on twitch who stream often or look up vids on youtube on map callouts and so on and lastly just keep working at it if you REALLY want it you can achieve it dude just keep working at it.

Equip the BR.

You’re done.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I could play with you guys and help you out if you want.

I’d recommend going to some events and watching/meeting pros and coaches in person. You’ll need to practice, skirmish other teams/pros and having a coach that knows how to “drill” your team and organise skirmishes would be ideal.

There are plenty of communities like Waypoint’s recruiting forum, MLG’s game battles, TeamBeyond/AGL forums, BTB.net etc. I’d recommend getting a regular team and simply playing more organised or professional teams regularly. Especially going to and entering the tournaments like AGL or UMG are number one to getting a foot in the door and being able to observe/participate at the professional level.

In terms of team competition you’ll definitely need to understand the mechanics of callouts, setups, decision making and practising to hone your individual/team skills overall.

I hope this post at least gives you some direction. I would also keep an eye out for more tournaments by 343i like -Yoink!- Gaming or the recent Global Championships.

Here would be some of the things I recommend if you want to go pro:

Gameplay: If your going for a team of 4, I would recommend practicing solid BR game play. Make sure you practice DAILY for at least 2-3 hours a day. Matchmaking may not always be at your skill level, so try to do some 1v1’s and such with your teammates, do clan battles etc. Get creative.

Teamwork: Teamwork is IMO, more valuable than personal skill,because you may all be extremely good, but if you all run around like a bunch of goofs, then your going to get nowhere.

Communication: Another very important factor, communicating with your teammates is essential. Knowing where your teammates are and when can be very helpful. Make sure all your teammates have a high quality mics (such as turtle beaches) , and that you are all clear with each other. Try learning some call outs, such as “One shot on my X” and others.

Diet, Health, Mental and Physical state and Sleep: This may sound silly but these are all very important. Making sure you get enough sleep at night is very important, being tired while trying to game is not going to help you out. This also may sound dumb, but is also true, being active while your being a professional gamer is important. Being active keeps your reflexes sharp, and your body of course healthy, staying on a healthy diet can contribute to this as well. Also,eating and drinking before a match can help your game play. I would suggest drinking something high in caffeine such as coke/pepsi or an energy drink.

Reflexes: Lastly, you should be strong on your reflexes and always be trying to improve them. Believe it or not, but there are actual workout equipment, for your hand and thumbs to improve your gaming skills. I don’t know what exactly its called, but people who play League of Legends professionally use it to keep their thumb and hand movements as fast as possible. Try playing other games as well when you practice,games that require faster use of your reflexes. COD would be an easy example, and most similar in gamestlye, but rock band blitz is actually a great game to play to improve your reflexes and hand eye coordination.

Hope this helps!

Completely immerse yourself into the game. Think the game, be the game. Forget about that “it’s just a game” stuff because it’s serious, if your serious about being good. Pick a game type and stick to it, hopefully it’s slayer. Every death counts, k/d is number one. Don’t forget, you have the power to make your team win, just by your k/d. Treat it like it’s real life. You don’t want to really die do you? If you’re serious about being good you have to take your game to a whole new level. It’s that important. Eliminate all distractions, and yes that includes fatigue and hunger and may include allot of other things, just make sure you have a clear head to concentrate on just Halo. Recognize and learn from your mistakes. Size up your enemy, Strike at the perfect moment. Communicate with your team, do call outs, the more info the better. Learn the maps, weapon and player spawning. Make sure all of your equipment is up to par. That includes making sure you have a big HD tv with bright enough contrast to see and refresh rate and a PERFECTLY working controller and a good surround sound system. Also, let’s not forget about having the fastest, most reliable internet connection possible. Again, It’s serious. If you were really on the battlefield you would want all your tools working as best as possible to maximize your chances for success, and good old fashion experience. Use the jetpack. It can really help you tie up those unsuspecting one shot hiders. Doing all these things is how I got good. Good luck.

> I have been trying to go pro in halo for many years but me and some teammates just arent good enough. what can I do to improve my game. I am talking skill communications teamwork every little thing. What do I need to improve/change?
>
> I get online almost everyday and pay with my team for a few hours. sometimes we play octogon for a bit. then we head into matchmaking. my team doesnt really do/know callouts. we arent able to help eachother in time etc…
>
> Personally before the games I will drink a mountain dew or brisk iced tea and maybe eat a sandwich or something. I dont eat that healthy by eating healthier would that hep my game? what about sleep as well?

– Learn all the callouts and give out every single one that you can. “One shot bottom mit with sniper” or “overshield spawn in 20 seconds”
– Learn when powerweapons and overshield are spawning. You will lose if the enemies always get rockets and overshield.
– Learn the spawns and the most used routes around to map, when you know that you can always get the first shots on the enemy.
– When you see someone always shoot on them, you dont have to finish him but make him weak for your teammates. He cant really help his team when he is weak, so always shoot as many shoots as you can on everything that moves.
– Always use the BR and get better with it, no matter what you play.

– Play Throwdown or pro variants in customs against good enemys and against your teammates, so you can tell each other what they are doing wrong.
You have to play a lot of customs or throwdown. You will get more bad if you play Big Team or Legendary slayer I saw that by my self. I played a lot of LS agains noobs and we won 50 to 5 and though we are good. Then we woke up hard by getting destroyed in Throwdown.

Good luck and never forget to have fun even on a high competitive level :wink:

For someone getting into the competitive scene, I would recommend watching Twitch.tv streams of pro players (Ninja, Formal and Snipedown stream a fair amount) as that will give you a feel of how high level competitive play looks and feels. I would also recommend Teambeyond.net as this website is the competitive hub for Halo. From this you can also watch VOD of all the past Halo 4 events.

In terms of your actual gameplay, playing and practicing Team Throwdown is a must as this playlist contains the competitive settings. I could type for hours on how you need to communicate with your team, control power weapons and understand the spawn system but honestly I think watching VOD of past events and pro players Twitch streams will improve you a lot more than reading a long post.

Best of look on your journey to going pro!

EDIT: one quick way of advancing your skill level is also to learn the weapon respawn times. Knowing what time the overshield, rockets and sniper come up at is key to success in competitive play and when playing against a team who does not do this, you are gaining a huge advantage.

Good starting points:

-Teach your friends to call out or get better teammates (don’t burn potential bridges by running your mouth to MM warriors) to search with
-Don’t just call out where you see enemies. Call out your position as well/what you’re doing
-Learn weapon/powerup spawn times
-Learn the spawning system; work on manipulating/predicting player spawns
-Familiarize yourself with power positions on the map
-Try to shift your focus from slaying as many enemies per life as possible to just staying alive. Staying alive, influencing spawns, and putting shots into enemies is invaluable to your team’s success
-Awareness, awareness, awareness. Know where your teammates are and predict enemy movement based on that
-Try to get into pro community 8 lobbies
-A good gaming setup helps as well
A) Preferably a monitor instead of a TV
B) Surround sound headset (Astros are very popular; get wired because wireless aren’t tournament legal)
C) Wired controller (slightly faster input times; also wireless aren’t tournament legal)
D) Decent internet connection
-Start going to events as a FFA competitor until you find a team

Is it possible that I play too much?
And if so, does that hurt my skill?

Would you recommend those “gaming glasses” I’ve seen people wear?
(basically specialized sunglasses)
As it seems like I can’t keep my eyes wide open and I’m always squinting.

What’s a good way to improve my reflexes?

I play both Halo and CoD daily.
I’ve heard it makes you better in both games.
Is this true?

I feel like the only thing limiting me from improving in Halo is my body.
I know the maps well, including common routes, weapon spawns(mostly), and I’ve become very good at predicting and manipulating spawns.
I understand player mentality and callouts.
My main issues are slow reflexes and inability to keep my eyes fully open.

Any specific help you guys can offer?

> As it seems like I can’t keep my eyes wide open and I’m always squinting.

Squinting can be an involuntary attempt to see more clearly. Perhaps you need glasses (or more powerful ones, if you wear them already).

Does sitting closer to the TV help with the squinting? If so, you definitely need glasses.

> > As it seems like I can’t keep my eyes wide open and I’m always squinting.
>
> Squinting can be an involuntary attempt to see more clearly. Perhaps you need glasses (or more powerful ones, if you wear them already).
>
> Does sitting closer to the TV help with the squinting? If so, you definitely need glasses.

No. I have great vision.
It just seems like my eyes are overly-sensitive to light.
It’s not that I can’t see.
My eyes just hurt badly if I’m not squinting.

Do you think “Gamer Glasses” might help?

> > > As it seems like I can’t keep my eyes wide open and I’m always squinting.
> >
> > Squinting can be an involuntary attempt to see more clearly. Perhaps you need glasses (or more powerful ones, if you wear them already).
> >
> > Does sitting closer to the TV help with the squinting? If so, you definitely need glasses.
>
> No. I have great vision.
> It just seems like my eyes are overly-sensitive to light.
> It’s not that I can’t see.
> My eyes just hurt badly if I’m not squinting.
>
> Do you think “Gamer Glasses” might help?

Gunnars are specifically made for eye fatigue. They work for me when I use them.

Also, playing longer can make you play worse in the short-term, but the next day you should be back to normal. For me, I usually tend to not want to think after so long, so I end up rushing more and making generally stupid decisions.

Mt. Dew is the worst thing you could possibly drink before a competitive gaming session. It’s loaded with sugar and whether you notice or not it probably gives you a slight twitch. It makes you focus but in a sugar high kind of focus. Drink juice with low sugar counts, lightly sweetened tea, water, or Gamma Labs.

If your team is also trying to make it Pro I’d suggest that they learn call outs. Communication is essentially what sets MLG/Pro Gaming apart from just good players that play matchmaking at random or without team tactics. Without communication and callouts you can kiss your dreams of being pro goodbye.

Thanks for all the help guys. so to sum it a up I need to:
-earn callouts
-watch pros on twitch
-possibly get better teammates
-learn spawn system and when power weapons spawn
-learn usual routes of maps
-get a good sleep
-dont drink mountain dew
-eat healthy
-pratice coordination
-use a wired controller
-play 2-3 hours daily
-play team throwdown
-focus competely on the game
-practice customs

Anything else I am missing here? aso someone recommended that I get a coach. how would I go about doing this?

> Thanks for all the help guys. so to sum it a up I need to:
> -earn callouts
> -watch pros on twitch
> -possibly get better teammates
> -learn spawn system and when power weapons spawn
> -learn usual routes of maps
> -get a good sleep
> -dont drink mountain dew
> -eat healthy
> -pratice coordination
> -use a wired controller
> -play 2-3 hours daily
> -play team throwdown
> -focus competely on the game
> -practice customs
>
> Anything else I am missing here? aso someone recommended that I get a coach. how would I go about doing this?

I hate to say but if you didn’t know 99% of that listed above, you have a long way to go. A very long way to go. 1 in every 1000 people may achieve recognition as a great player, let alone pro. The chance is very slim, especially this late into the game.

All I can do is wish you luck :slight_smile: There is a very, very long road ahead but don’t get your hopes up. I’m not sure you realize how good you need to be to be pro :stuck_out_tongue:

i do know a good portion. I was unsure about the whole eat/sleep thing. I know what it takes to go pro I did a MG pro circuit event for halo 3 back in the day. I am currenty eaning more on I need better teammates. My team right now wil probably never learn communication.

wait what? im confused, “pro”? isn’t that a term reserved for elite athletes of various sports?

> wait what? im confused, “pro”? isn’t that a term reserved for elite athletes of various sports?

E-Sports :stuck_out_tongue: