AGL 7 Knoxville AND UMG Chicago!(Tournaments)

Two massive announcements happened tonight!

The first:

AGL 7 Knoxville

  • This event will take place on June 7th-9th.
  • 120 TEAMS
  • Using Ghostayames v4 settings
  • Hosted at Battlefield Knoxville in Tennessee.
  • Passes go on sale May 1st
  • Gandhi and Maven casting

The prize money will be as follows:

1st: $10,000
2nd: $5,000
3rd: $3,000

Such a huge amount of teams with such a massive prize pool means this will be an awesome event! If you live in or around Tennessee, why not get a team together and go and play?

It’s one thing playing online, it’s another to get some friends together and take it to a competitive level! Not to mention there will also be $30 laser tag all weekend so in-between playing, you get to run around a shoot Pros!

AGL website: arenagaming.us - arenagaming Resources and Information.


The Second Event!

UMG Chicago 10k!

  • Will be held in Chicago at the Game Pazzo June 22nd - 23rd.
  • $10,000 prize pool.
  • 99% using Ghostayame’s settings.
  • More details to be announced (team limits etc)

Another event slightly later than AGL! Great news if you are busy for Knoxville or just whether Chicago is a better location for you! Should be a great event, UMG have a history running CoD and have been super successful at it. They are giving the Halo community a chance to prove themselves for future events! Step up!

The GoBeyond team will be helping them co-ordinate and plan the event, so you can guarantee a really well ran event.

UMG website: http://umggaming.com/


Both of these events are great news for the Halo community. Back to back tournaments will really provide a competitive outlet for those that have never tried competing before. If you never have, I encourage it greatly, it is a completely different and exhilarating experience!

The dwindling population numbers will ultimately be aided by an increase in viewership and participation, so lets make sure that even if we can’t attend, we spread the word and support both companies!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

bump

Please Don’t Bump its against the rules

> bump

I appreciate that, but please post something actually related to the topic or you will get warned for spam :frowning:

So happy that competive Halo is getting back. AGL is getting better and better. Pistola, Formal, Heinz, Flamesword, Enable, SNipedown…they are all back and in great shape. And with Gandhi casting ? Hell yeah. Even 343 started to support them.

UMG is another great news. We could have 2 major leagues. Awesome.

And Competive Halo 4 is so great fun to watch. Much more intense then CoD. PPl will start to realise this and Halo 4 will get stronger.

HALO IS NOT DAD !

> So happy that competive Halo is getting back. AGL is getting better and better. Pistola, Formal, Heinz, Flamesword, Enable, SNipedown…they are all back and in great shape. And with Gandhi casting ? Hell yeah. Even 343 started to support them.
>
> UMG is another great news. We could have 2 major leagues. Awesome.
>
> And Competive Halo 4 is so great fun to watch. Much more intense then CoD. PPl will start to realise this and Halo 4 will get stronger.
>
> HALO IS NOT DAD !

It’s huge that UMG have given us a second place to go, it means that AGL have to step their game up. It’ll be really interesting to see if they can run a tournament well enough with SO MANY teams.

Yeah it’s great to see the players on such good form, however we need NEW TEAMS. We need replacements for Final Boss, Triggers Down, Impact, Instinct. Team’s that have legendary names but need to be filled with new rosters. It’s all very well watching the same people, but we need to get people actually PLAYING competitive Halo again.

IF 343 can get a weapon balancing update for Ghostayame to implement into v4 before both tournaments, we could see some seriously entertaining 4SK gameplay going on. Such a shame about sprint and descope honestly.

Thanks for the info, I hope you don’t mind but I copied’n’pasted most of your post into the Live Gameplay sticky thread. Cheers.

> Thanks for the info, I hope you don’t mind but I copied’n’pasted most of your post into the Live Gameplay sticky thread. Cheers.

No problem, I hope the information finds itself useful to somewhere semi-permanent, I’m sure this thread will end up dying and not getting seen, sadly.

> > Thanks for the info, I hope you don’t mind but I copied’n’pasted most of your post into the Live Gameplay sticky thread. Cheers.
>
> No problem, I hope the information finds itself useful to somewhere semi-permanent, I’m sure this thread will end up dying and not getting seen, sadly.

I created that Live Gameplay sticky thread for just that reason. Feel free to keep posting tournaments in the general Halo 4 forum (I’ll pick up the content) or you can also post-reply directly in the sticky thread too.

Out of my power to attend any events but will definitely be watching the streams. Especially with Gandhi and Maven casting.

Competitive Halo needs all the support it can get right now.

Cool news. The last AGL event was awesome so I’m looking forward to the next one. I also I’m glad UMG is giving Halo a shot, we just got to make sure we come out in full force and support it.

> Cool news. The last AGL event was awesome so I’m looking forward to the next one. I also I’m glad UMG is giving Halo a shot, we just got to make sure we come out in full force and support it.

It’s good that both events have had major details announced this early. It’s UP TO US NOW. Tweet the hell out of both the tournaments. Don’t have Twitter? Make one. Post YouTube content, post on other forums etc.

WE have to step the hell up and fill the work that MLG did for us in Halo 3. Lets f****** go.

I will continue to support competitive Halo but it’s unfortunate the FPS genre is losing their support to games such as Starcraft and League of Legends (not saying they’re bad games).

> > So happy that competive Halo is getting back. AGL is getting better and better. Pistola, Formal, Heinz, Flamesword, Enable, SNipedown…they are all back and in great shape. And with Gandhi casting ? Hell yeah. Even 343 started to support them.
> >
> > UMG is another great news. We could have 2 major leagues. Awesome.
> >
> > And Competive Halo 4 is so great fun to watch. Much more intense then CoD. PPl will start to realise this and Halo 4 will get stronger.
> >
> > HALO IS NOT DAD !
>
> It’s huge that UMG have given us a second place to go, it means that AGL have to step their game up. It’ll be really interesting to see if they can run a tournament well enough with SO MANY teams.
>
> Yeah it’s great to see the players on such good form, however we need NEW TEAMS. We need replacements for Final Boss, Triggers Down, Impact, Instinct. Team’s that have legendary names but need to be filled with new rosters. It’s all very well watching the same people, but we need to get people actually PLAYING competitive Halo again.
>
> IF 343 can get a weapon balancing update for Ghostayame to implement into v4 before both tournaments, we could see some seriously entertaining 4SK gameplay going on. Such a shame about sprint and descope honestly.

I think new teams will eventualy pop up as the competive Halo will grow. Right now we have to support both AGL and UMG by sharing, following etc. And with little help of Waypoint, competive Halo will gain needed attention.

> > So happy that competive Halo is getting back. AGL is getting better and better. Pistola, Formal, Heinz, Flamesword, Enable, SNipedown…they are all back and in great shape. And with Gandhi casting ? Hell yeah. Even 343 started to support them.
> >
> > UMG is another great news. We could have 2 major leagues. Awesome.
> >
> > And Competive Halo 4 is so great fun to watch. Much more intense then CoD. PPl will start to realise this and Halo 4 will get stronger.
> >
> > HALO IS NOT DAD !
>
> It’s huge that UMG have given us a second place to go, it means that AGL have to step their game up. It’ll be really interesting to see if they can run a tournament well enough with SO MANY teams.
>
> Yeah it’s great to see the players on such good form, however we need NEW TEAMS. We need replacements for Final Boss, Triggers Down, Impact, Instinct. Team’s that have legendary names but need to be filled with new rosters. It’s all very well watching the same people, but we need to get people actually PLAYING competitive Halo again.
>
> IF 343 can get a weapon balancing update for Ghostayame to implement into v4 before both tournaments, we could see some seriously entertaining 4SK gameplay going on. Such a shame about sprint and descope honestly.

As far as new teams go we have faded who didn’t do well but is pretty well known, but that one severance team or whatever their name was got third place and nobody knew who they were.

I’m proud of this…VERY PROUD. Everyone is trying to bringing competitive Halo back, and that makes me a happy camper. Hell, even MLG may pick up Halo again…(hopefully) Get the word out people, revive competitive Halo!!

Glad to see competitive Halo is still breathing.

Lol I guess Brad realized how stupid he was for saying Maven and Gandhi did a bad job commentating in Nashville, even though they did way better than he could and did it for free.

But do they really think they can get 120 teams? Also I thought UMG was going to be in St. Louis? I only live an hour from there so I was thinking about going but I guess not…

I will be attending AGL 7. Still considering attending UMG Chicago. Very, very glad to see that competitive Halo is alive and well.

> I’m proud of this…VERY PROUD. Everyone is trying to bringing competitive Halo back, and that makes me a happy camper. Hell, even MLG may pick up Halo again…(hopefully) Get the word out people, revive competitive Halo!!

This.