After the CoD trailer Halo is going to reaclaim #1

This is purely all in my opinion

I really think C.o.D has taken a step back, I wasn’t impressed at all. It honestly seems like it’s a AW expansion. I think Halo will take a step forward and reclaim at least a portion of its former glory. Halo 5 will deliver a much more rounded game, and experience, than most games have in the past few years.

I agree. It looks good, but I just felt like I was watching just another COD trailer. Same engine, animations (more or less) more splosions, and of course some new robo stuff to make the kids go wild.

Cue the yearly mass paranoia of “COD will KiLL teH HalOz!” in 3…2…1…

Why do you think that way? I saw nothing more egregious in it than in other CoD games. I liked AW. I mean, it’s still CoD, so combat consists of pulling two triggers and watching things die, but what’s so bad about BlOps 3 specifically?

I agree. Call of Duty seems to be dying in terms of enduring and impact on people. Halo in the last 4 years or so was more quiet, but now it seems people are getting really excited for Halo again. Black Ops 3 just seems like its going to be more of the same (been doing so since 2009), and people are done. They want something different and new, Call of Duty isn’t wanting to change. Activision’s loss.

My first thought was Modern Warfare with mechs and robot limbs. If you want cyberpunk Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will propably have you better covered.

CoD exhausted modern warfare during last gen. Now they seem to be doing the same to sci-fi.

> 2535421619942348;4:
> Why do you think that way? I saw nothing more egregious in it than in other CoD games. I liked AW. I mean, it’s still CoD, so combat consists of pulling two triggers and watching things die, but what’s so bad about BlOps 3 specifically?

How it’s Basically AW again but looking even more like titanfall.

i saw people complaining about the walt jumping saying its titan fall. we may have our complaints here about COD-fication but my goodness that was a mess. i for see 3 second life-cycles in games to 300 kills…BO3 HYPE!!

CoD is venturing into Halo. And we all know what happened when Halo 4 tried to venture into CoD.

I will admit, the ember trailer had me interested, however the actual gameplay will probably do little to surprise me. Then again, they could always give us a curve ball.

Already said this is another thread, but I personally feel like halo 5 will be the shooter for xbox one, unless battlefront is just awesome.

Majority of people didn’t like the exo movement in advance warfare, that’s why the game died.

idc what treyarch calls their movement system, if it has dashing and wall running, the game will die.

It’s just CoD. It’s never been that impressive

> 2533274823069762;3:
> Cue the yearly mass paranoia of “COD will KiLL teH HalOz!” in 3…2…1…

Well, after watching what looked like Destiny meets Halo 5, I’d say that’s what Treyarch is trying to do.

Also, I think it’s official: we can flip the script on who is copying off of whom now.

Black Ops III is nothing more than a cheap ripoff of Deus Ex. Call of Duty must really be grasping at straws for ideas (this will happen when you need a new idea every year, on the year) to blatantly and shamelessly steal story material from Deus Ex. I have friends who buy CoD every year as tradition, and a few of them have said they won’t be getting Black Ops III simply because it’s a ripoff.

The really unfortunate part is that there are undoubtedly a bunch of kids out there who have never even heard of Deus Ex and think Black Ops III has the most original story any video game has ever had… at least until the next CoD is announced.

> 2533274883669557;13:
> > 2533274823069762;3:
> > Cue the yearly mass paranoia of “COD will KiLL teH HalOz!” in 3…2…1…
>
>
> Well, after watching what looked like Destiny meets Halo 5, I’d say that’s what Treyarch is trying to do.
>
> Also, I think it’s official: we can flip the script on who is copying off of whom now.

Actually it was said Black Ops 3 was taking inspiration specifically from both Destiny for its unique abilities and Titanfall for its maneuverability. Anyway, I’m not gonna bash Black Ops 3 for taking inspiration from other games as long as it benefits the game from a competitive and purely enjoyable standpoint. Black Ops 1 and 2 are the only CoD’s I play, and I enjoy them both well enough.

After all this time we finally found the one thing that could kill call of duty… ITSELF. I don’t know what they were thinking but BO3 literally did the opposite of what it was meant to do. I think if 343 took advantage of this opportunity Halo might be able to regain the top spot once more.

They could have done a World at War 2 game and had me on board but this looks more like an alternate version of Advanced Warfare thats just about cybernetics instead. Its been so long since there was an old fashioned WW2 shooter with modern graphics. I just can’t believe they went with BO3, but I guess this is just more a reason to get into Halo 5. Im not going to take the plunge and get an xbox one though until I see more gameplay footage and info. I wasn’t really impressed with the graphics quality in the beta, im hoping it shapes up a bit for launch. Alot of the textures looked plastic-like and some of the maps looked like cheap forge maps.

> 2533274831364893;17:
> They could have done a World at War 2 game and had me on board but this looks more like an alternate version of Advanced Warfare thats just about cybernetics instead. Its been so long since there was an old fashioned WW2 shooter with modern graphics. I just can’t believe they went with BO3, but I guess this is just more a reason to get into Halo 5. Im not going to take the plunge and get an xbox one though until I see more gameplay footage and info. I wasn’t really impressed with the graphics quality in the beta, im hoping it shapes up a bit for launch. Alot of the textures looked plastic-like and some of the maps looked like cheap forge maps.

I would prefer a world war 2 battlefield on next gen. That would be incredible.

COD is now chasing titanfall in the same nonsensical way Halo is chasing COD.

God, the FPS genre is limited.

BO3 Looks just like the last game… But its what the fans want, activision are happy with throwin out the same game year after year,
But its popularity will always be higher than halo for the simple reason of:

you cant zoom with LT on halo…

alot of my friends love the look and style of halo, but after years of playing BF, borderlands, COD etc switching to a shooter that drastically has different controls just puts them off straight away. And i imagine alot of non halo users feel that way. i hope that change NEVER HAPPENS though!! But it is what keeps cod lovers away from halo.