After Halo 4?

One thing many people have been asking about is what will 343 do after the release of Halo 4. There are two main possibilities that can come about. As we all know, Halo 4 was first announced the same time Halo Anniversary was. This simply says 343 was operating on two games at once. Many people have come to the conclusion that Halo 5 will be the next of 343’s releases. Another option is that they will follow Bungie’s newer tradition of releasing either a side game or remake. Personally, I believe 343 is perfectly capable of remaking Halo 2 while simultaneously working on the Saga’s next installment. They have already proved capability with Anniversary.

I asked someone many of you may know. I asked Jessica Shea (aka bs angel) whether she believed 343 should make plans for Halo 2 or not. Pardon me for not quoting, but her response summarized was that Halo 4 has taken so much time away, that they have not thoroughly thought about the question, “what’s next?”.
Basically, the fate of the upcoming years is still in debate.

Although her response was rather vague, you can still get a good idea of what may or may not be coming in 2013.

So the only real question is, what do you feel is most likely? Halo 5, a Halo 2 remake, or a rather unlikely side game?

> One thing many people have been asking about is what will 343 do after the release of Halo 4. There are two main possibilities that can come about. As we all know, Halo 4 was first announced the same time Halo Anniversary was. This simply says 343 was operating on two games at once. Many people have come to the conclusion that Halo 5 will be the next of 343’s releases. Another option is that they will follow Bungie’s newer tradition of releasing either a side game or remake. Personally, I believe 343 is perfectly capable of remaking Halo 2 while simultaneously working on the Saga’s next installment. They have already proved capability with Anniversary.
>
> I asked someone many of you may know. I asked Kiki Wolfkill (aka bs angel) whether she believed 343 should make plans for Halo 2 or not. Pardon me for not quoting, but her response summarized was that Halo 4 has taken so much time away, that they have not thoroughly thought about the question, “what’s next?”.
> Basically, the fate of the upcoming years is still in debate.
>
> Although her response was rather vague, you can still get a good idea of what may or may not be coming in 2013.
>
> So the only real question is, what do you feel is most likely? Halo 5, a Halo 2 remake, or a rather unlikely side game?

I wouldn’t mind a remake of Halo 2. With some new Halo 2 era maps for Halo 4.

A halo 2 remake would be cool, I think I remember Frankie talking about the possibility of one in an interview with Gameinformer.

Definitely Halo 2: Anniversary.

I don’t see the need for a Halo 2 remake. The only reason Halo CE was remade was for celebratory purposes (10 years of Halo).

> I don’t see the need for a Halo 2 remake. The only reason Halo CE was remade was for celebratory purposes (10 years of Halo).

I realize that. But the creation of Anniversary has created a phenomena. People are now craving Halo 2 on the 360. I almost garrantee it would sell even better than CEA did.

> One thing many people have been asking about is what will 343 do after the release of Halo 4. There are two main possibilities that can come about. As we all know, Halo 4 was first announced the same time Halo Anniversary was. This simply says 343 was operating on two games at once. Many people have come to the conclusion that Halo 5 will be the next of 343’s releases. Another option is that they will follow Bungie’s newer tradition of releasing either a side game or remake. Personally, I believe 343 is perfectly capable of remaking Halo 2 while simultaneously working on the Saga’s next installment. They have already proved capability with Anniversary.
>
> I asked someone many of you may know.
> I asked Kiki Wolfkill (aka
> bs angel) whether she believed 343 should make plans for Halo 2 or not. Pardon me for not quoting, but her response summarized was that Halo 4 has taken so much time away, that they have not thoroughly thought about the question, “what’s next?”.
> Basically, the fate of the upcoming years is still in debate.
>
> Although her response was rather vague, you can still get a good idea of what may or may not be coming in 2013.
>
> So the only real question is, what do you feel is most likely? Halo 5, a Halo 2 remake, or a rather unlikely side game?

bs angel is jessica shea, aka the community manager. Please correct your post ASAP!

They could add the levels they couldnt add in the original halo 2 because of they have time to finish it now

> I don’t see the need for a Halo 2 remake. The only reason Halo CE was remade was for celebratory purposes (10 years of Halo).

No, it was remade for profit.

> bs angel is jessica shea, aka the community manager. Please correct your post ASAP!

Oops, good catch. I knew that, I just had names mixed up somehow.

I understood and enjoyed a remake of Halo CE, but making Halo 2 again would be a bit overkill for me. Halo Anniversary was special because it was also celebrating 10 years of Halo in general, in addition to the game that started it all. I fear remaking Halo 2 would create a dangerous precedent of constantly remaking games. I honestly would hope they just put all their time and effort into Halo 5.

> > I don’t see the need for a Halo 2 remake. The only reason Halo CE was remade was for celebratory purposes (10 years of Halo).
>
> No, it was remade for profit.

I actually believe it was remade for celebratory purposes (and a profit, of course). But if it was made solely for profit, they would’ve charged it as a full retail game.

> I understood and enjoyed a remake of Halo CE, but making Halo 2 again would be a bit overkill for me. Halo Anniversary was special because it was also celebrating 10 years of Halo in general, in addition to the game that started it all. I fear remaking Halo 2 would create a dangerous precedent of constantly remaking games. I honestly would hope they just put all their time and effort into Halo 5.

I understand that, but tell me you WOULDN’T like to see Halo 2 match the graphics and functions as CEA, Halo 3, and ALL the others. Halos 1 and 2 were the only Xbox original Halo games, with limited graphics capabilities. Hence no reason to remake any others like you fear they would.

> > I don’t see the need for a Halo 2 remake. The only reason Halo CE was remade was for celebratory purposes (10 years of Halo).
>
> No, it was remade for profit.

If not for profit, then what for? "oh hey guyz, we love our community so much we are making Halo CEA for free and even though its wasting our resources to do so because we aren’t making a profit from it and we have Halo 4 on our hands, we are going to do it anyway, because who wants to buy a game for profit right? Hell every game will be free and we’ll go totally bankrupt! Derp.

It WAS made to celebrate the Next 10 years of Halo, but form a conservative and arrogant point of view…Yeah, it was for profit, but who CARES? I enjoyed the game.

Halo 2 Anniv would be just the same thing…actually all it would be is Profit because like i said, Halo CEA was to celebrate, not kickstart a precedent of remaking every Halo game.

Well in only two years halo 2 will have been around for 10 years too

seems like a good reason to have a remake

> > I understood and enjoyed a remake of Halo CE, but making Halo 2 again would be a bit overkill for me. Halo Anniversary was special because it was also celebrating 10 years of Halo in general, in addition to the game that started it all. I fear remaking Halo 2 would create a dangerous precedent of constantly remaking games. I honestly would hope they just put all their time and effort into Halo 5.
>
> I understand that, but tell me you WOULDN’T like to see Halo 2 match the graphics and functions as CEA, Halo 3, and ALL the others. Halos 1 and 2 were the only Xbox original Halo games, with limited graphics capabilities. Hence no reason to remake any others like you fear they would.

Not to mention, I tried to have a Halo marathon this summer, but I couldnt because it was too much to bear, Halo 2’s graphics are now WORSE in comparison to everything else.

>
> Well in only two years halo 2 will have been around for 10 years too
>
> seems like a good reason to have a remake

You don’t get it, it was made to celebrate the Next 10 years of Halo ITSELF, NOT Halo CE.

3-4 years from now it’ll be Halo 5. In between that I expect books, DLC for Halo 4, and hopefully a spin off game like ODST. Also a Halo 2 remake would be cool.

I’d prefer neither.

I can live with Halo 2 on PC and I’m not a fan of side games.

Halo 2 could use an update because it has major graphical loading problems that are very distracting. When played on the Xbox 360 it actually has an image “burn” problem on some levels. Having the game increased to 1080p with, in theory, Halo 4’s graphics engine, would be spectacular to see. Let’s not forget the inclusion of Terminals which could help fill in some much needed info. Have some of them from 2401 Penitent Tangent’s point of view as the Flood get out of control and he’s eventually captured by the Gravemind. High Charity can have Terminals which fill in the history of the Covenant, which Halo 2 originally had before it was cut. Mendicant Bias can make an appearance or two in the Terminals as well.

I am all for a Halo 2 Anniversary. It makes the most sense because the first two games were on the original Xbox. This also means Halo 2 is the last one on the original Xbox since CE got an update. Bring the last original up to date and everything will be awesome.